Toronto Philadelphia
    PG - Kyle Lowry PG - Isaiah Canaan
    SG - Demar Derozan SG - JaKarr Sampson
    SF - James Johnson SF - Robert Covington
    PF - Luis Scola PF - Nerlens Noel
    C - Jonas Valanciunas C - Jahlil Okafor

Last Meeting
    DECEMBER 13, 2015 TORONTO 96, PHILADELPHIA 76
    Luis Scola had 14 of his season high-matching 22 points in the first quarter to help Toronto overcome a slow start and beat the Philadelphia 76ers 96-76 … Scola was 6-of-8 shooting, including a pair of 3s, and five rebounds in the first quarter while Toronto overcame an eightpoint deficit by going on a 24-8 run to end the opening quarter … DeMar DeRozan led Toronto with 25 points and eight rebounds … Kyle Lowry added 16 points and five rebounds while Bismack Biyombo had a teamhigh rebounds … Jahlil Okafor led Philadelphia with 23 points and 14 rebounds … Robert Covington added 15 points and nine rebounds … After taking a lead in the first quarter, Toronto never trailed … The Raptors led by 20 points late in the third quarter but the 76ers battled back … Okafor's bucket with 7:16 to go in the fourth cut the Raptors' lead to 77-71 … But the Raptors scored five straight points to widen their advantage to 11 and were never threatened again … Philadelphia committed 22 turnovers which led to 28 Toronto points … The Raptors have won 10 straight games against the 76ers, including both this season.

Note Worthy
    • The Toronto Raptors continue a stretch of five straight road games (Jan. 4-14) Saturday night against the Philadelphia 76ers at Wells Fargo Center. Toronto is 3-5 this season in the second game of a back-to-back set.

• The Raptors have won 10 straight games versus the Sixers, which is tied for the fourth longest winning streak in franchise history against a single opponent.

• Toronto has won 16 straight games when holding opponents to less than 100 points.

• The Raptors improved to 12-9 on the road with a 97-88 victory Jan. 8 at Washington. Toronto is tied with the L.A. Clippers for second in the NBA for road wins, trailing only Golden State (17).

• Toronto is shooting .855 (94-for-110) at the free throw line over the last five games (Jan. 1-8). The Raptors lead the Eastern Conference this season averaging 20.6 free throws made and 25.8 attempts.

• DeMar DeRozan scored a season-high 35 points Jan. 8 at Washington, his fifth game this season with 30+ points. DeRozan ranks seventh in NBA scoring since Dec. 1, averaging 24.6 points in 20 games. He is shooting .463 (167-for-361) from the field, .350 (14-for-40) from three-point range and .867 (143-for-165) at the free throw line.

• DeMar DeRozan ranks second in the NBA in both free throws made (273) and attempted (322).

• Kyle Lowry recorded his seventh double-double of the season with 21 points and a season high-tying 10 rebounds Friday against the Wizards. Lowry is averaging career highs of 20.6 points, 5.1 rebounds and 2.3 steals this season. He is one of five players in the NBA currently averaging 20+ points, 5+ rebounds and 5+ assists, along with Stephen Curry, Russell Westbrook, LeBron James and James Harden.

Go Raps!

Big win. Bruno time. Let's do it.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Easy W
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

We just have more talent than the Sixers do and this will be a win for us tonight. Thinking we may see a redux of the Norman Powell show in Philly as it may be prudent to give Ross a rest and make sure the back is good. Kyle will want to do well in front of the 100 or so tickets he has had to purchase for friends and family. JV should do well against the rookie Okafor and Demar should likely continue his very solid play again tonight against a bunch of guys name Moe that Sam Hinkie has signed to non guaranteed 4 year deals.

To any Raps fans going to Philly say hi to Sam Hinkie in his new role as gatekeeper of " the process" as he is taking tickets at Gate 7 of the Wells Fargo Centre till tip off then selling popcorn in the upper bowl. The shoe imprint on the seat of his pants is the same size and outline as the one worn by Jerry Colangelo.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Play both DD & KL under 25 minutes
          Give Wright, Powell, Bruno and Bebe atleast 15m ea.
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Let's continue beating these fools.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Awesome game thread. Given its late appearance, I considered doing one ... but balked - and gained a new (grudging) appreciation of rightsideup's contributions.

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                Play both DD & KL under 25 minutes
                Give Wright, Powell, Bruno and Bebe atleast 15m ea.
                Thats the dream. Reality will be DD and Lowry will play 30-35 mins.
                Powell, Wright, Bruno and Bebe will play 2 mins of garbage time.

Comment

Terrence Ross is available but still hurt (back pain/spasms). (?)

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...ixers-raptors/

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                    Terrence Ross is available but still hurt (back pain/spasms). (?)

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...ixers-raptors/
                    More minutes for Powell hopefully.

Comment

Atlanta beating the team butler

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                        More minutes for Powell hopefully.
                        This makes sense, seems like a great opportunity for Powell to get some run with the rotation players. Naturally, I expect that instead Casey will play a lot of Lowry/Joseph/DD lineups.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Any tips on how to watch some basketball while dealing with food poisoning?

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Any tips on how to watch some basketball while dealing with food poisoning?
                            I have Crohns disease, on my bad days a tablet and online stream works for me.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Casey needs to be proactive with our young guys minutes

Need to put them one or two of them out there with the team throughout the game to get them some burn.

I mean it's philly, if you have to fully rely on your winning-time lineups then you're actually a bad team

Comment

Working...
                              X