• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch
    replied
    Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    False.

I am ordinarily much against putting things this flatly ... but I think it is quite clear that Levy says DeMar has skills from competent through above average to elite skills, in various areas, that render his (current) lack of a legitimate 3-point threat a non-issue - which only a hard-working and truly exceptional player could accomplish.

He does not say that DeMar is doing a "good" job of working with "poor skills".

Fuck.
    tomato tomato.

I summarized.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post
    LeBron and DeRozan aren't the same thing but the concept is. You don't put the right pieces together when constructing a team and it can fall apart.

Fit matters even for the very best players.

yes, but the margin of error with most players is far larger than it is with demar.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post
    Well it's actually not 1 very tightly contested three (and to be fair neither has 2Pat). He's taken a few tightly contested ones (8 I think, I didn't check the totals but 0.2/game*40ish games = 8).

But the reality is almost all of his made threes have been completely wide open. He makes 0.6 threes a game and has made 0.45 per game with no defender within 6 feet.

Again, you are using shooting stats to try and back the notion that he is left unguarded when at the three.

Does he get open shots from three....YES.

Does that mean he is left unguarded?....NO

Is it far more likely that his being open is a result of ball movement, inside out play, trailing in transition, kick outs off of a rebound etc? YES

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    not even close to the same thing and you fucking now it.
    LeBron and DeRozan aren't the same thing but the concept is. You don't put the right pieces together when constructing a team and it can fall apart.

Fit matters even for the very best players.

Leave a comment:

• Wild-ling#1
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    It isnt complex,

And I do see 2 sides, he says demar is doing a good job of working with poor skills, but he also says that the raps need to be careful cause building around him could crumble.
    False.

I am ordinarily much against putting things this flatly ... but I think it is quite clear that Levy says DeMar has developed from competent through above average to elite skills, in various areas, that render his (current) lack of a legitimate 3-point threat a non-issue - which only a hard-working and truly exceptional player could accomplish.

He does not say that DeMar is doing a "good" job of working with "poor skills".

Fuck.
    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Tue Jan 12, 2016, 05:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X