We're not just beating bad teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Clearly Casey. A lot of the animosity towards DeRozan over the past few seasons can be directed at the coach, for pulling his strings and dictating how he plays.
    And Jiminy Cricket is Jack Armstrong?
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      I'm still trying to figure out, in this scenario, if Gepetto is Casey, Lowry or Masai.
      I would vote Casey (pulling the strings) while Lowry is Jiminy Cricket (the voice in the ear and partner on adventures).

Guess that leaves Masai as the Blue Fairy who turns Pinocchio into a real boy.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I would picture Lowry as Jiminy Cricket.

"let your conscience be your guide demar!"

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          Didn't you (and others) refer to JV's lethargic movements as being "stiff"?

Couldn't some of Casey's stubbornness be referred to as "robotic"?

A guy referred to DeRozan's on-court movements as appearing "wooden", using Pinocchio as a metaphor.

I'm not seeing any difference, or any insult against DeRozan. It's a single opinion with an easily understood metaphor... yikes!
          And now! Ladiiiiiiiiies and Geeeeennnntlemen!

A graphic representation of ...........

the "Elephant in the room"!

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Donaghy didn't ref that game. It is alleged (and backed up by several players and people involved in the game) that it was in the nbas best interest to have a game 7 and/or have the lakers move on.

I don't believe the nba has a vendetta against the raptors, now THAT would be silly. I believe the nba manipulates certain situations because they believe it will help their bottom line (yknow, the almighty dollar..I've been told it's value is respected highly by large companies)
            Ok, so what is it about Brooklyn (a market who struggles to sell playoff tickets) that benefits the league?

Comment

• I guess that leaves Colangelo or Gay as the bad guy who tries to influence him to be a bad boy.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post

Looks more like a squid than an elephant.

Comment

• Andrea Bargnani is Jar-Jar Binks? Or did I just mess the whole analogy up?
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I think that's the actual trick of these things - you're not supposed to see them for what they are.

[And mixed metaphors, of course .. what can you do. ]

Comment

• Stackhouse is Jiminy
                      Massai is the Blue Fairy
                      Casey is Geppeddo
                      Collangello is the Coachman
                      Lowry is Lampwick

I have given this considerable thought.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Ok, so what is it about Brooklyn (a market who struggles to sell playoff tickets) that benefits the league?
                        TV ad revenue.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Kind of looks like something from the movie planes...ignoring the hooks of course.

Comment

umm I don't get it

Pinocchio is a guy who moves stiffly, because he's made of wood

DeRozan is a guy who moves stiffly, because it's like he's made of wood, just like Pinocchio

You can obviously disagree with what he's asserting, but that's a textbook metaphor, no?
                            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jan 26, 2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Andrea Bargnani is Jar-Jar Binks? Or did I just mess the whole analogy up?
                              both disney, so I would say you are right on track there.

Comment

I think that's the actual trick of these things - you're not supposed to see them for what they are.

[And mixed metaphors, of course .. what can you do. ]
                                Or your are simply seeing what you want to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X