GAME #48 - Toronto Raptors 93 - Denver Nuggets 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    What's all this talk of Biyombo not being here next season? He's signed for another year and there's no option on his contract.
    pretty sure he has a player option. i think casey fights hand and nail to keep him if he is back as well. i have been very happy with bismack. his free throws have been fantastic, comparatively, with previous years.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      He has a player option for next season and would be a fool to opt in.
      And on top of that, due to him being here for only one year we have no Bird Rights for him, so we can only offer a tiny raise over this year's salary - otherwise we have to use cap space or an exception to sign him. Cap space isn't happening, so we are stuck offering the MLE (5.6M) and hoping he accepts, even though he could easily see and 8-10M offer in the crazy market this summer.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
        If a lot of the fans/media could see this loss coming, it would have been impressive if the coaches and players actually did something about it. But I guess that was hoping for too much. Easier to concede the schedule loss and move on to the next one.
        it became a self fulfilling prophecy.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          pretty sure he has a player option. i think casey fights hand and nail to keep him if he is back as well. i have been very happy with bismack. his free throws have been fantastic, comparatively, with previous years.
          Where do I see this contract information? Only JV, Lowry, DeMar and Joseph have player options from what I can see.

Comment

Yeah.. i saw that.. yet Spotrac.. the lone contract site now that sham has closed up shop shows him as being on a two year deal with 5.8 of dead money.. inffering Biz being a UFA in 17-18..

Raps aren't ones to release conttract details so.. you have to wonder just a bit.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/toronto-raptors/yearly/cap/
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              Where do I see this contract information? Only JV, Lowry, DeMar and Joseph have player options from what I can see.
              Are you checking basketball insiders, or someplace else? If the latter, that's your problem.

Here:

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/to...s-team-salary/
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Yeah.. i saw that.. yet Spotrac.. the lone contract site now that sham has closed up shows him as being on a two year deal with 5.8 of dead money.. inffering Biz being a UFA in 17-18..

Raps aren't ones to release conttract details so.. you have to wonder just a bit.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/toronto-raptors/yearly/cap/
                I've posted this before and I'll do so again, please, please, please do not ever use Spotrac. They are a site that steals numbers from other sites, reproduces them, throws in a citation to cover their backs and does none of the real work.

The only real salary insider since Deeks retired is basketball-insiders' Eric Pincus. He deserves the clicks.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Now, there's always the chance there are errors at BI (even Deeks made a mistake here and there, and they are no Deeks) but they are far and away the most reliable, complete, and accurate site right now, bar none.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And on top of that, due to him being here for only one year we have no Bird Rights for him, so we can only offer a tiny raise over this year's salary - otherwise we have to use cap space or an exception to sign him. Cap space isn't happening, so we are stuck offering the MLE (5.6M) and hoping he accepts, even though he could easily see and 8-10M offer in the crazy market this summer.
                    I might be in the minority that doesn't want Bismack next year. Not because he hasn't been great, but because roster spots and cap room are so valuable, and I think bebe will be ready to be the backup center. At some point you have to find room for some of the young guys, or you look up and they're not young guys anymore, they're end-of-bench-bums
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I might be in the minority that doesn't want Bismack next year. Not because he hasn't been great, but because roster spots and cap room are so valuable, and I think bebe will be ready to be the backup center. At some point you have to find room for some of the young guys, or you look up and they're not young guys anymore, they're end-of-bench-bums
                      To be fair Bebe and Biz are the same age, both are 23 and both are still young.

Comment

Now, there's always the chance there are errors at BI (even Deeks made a mistake here and there, and they are no Deeks) but they are far and away the most reliable, complete, and accurate site right now, bar none.
                        Appreciate the pro-tip

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                          awwwww, does his precious ego hurt, maybe I should wipe my a** with his jersery.
                          THat's kind of extreme but let's be real...you don't have his jersey.

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          I also lean in the camp of not bringing him back. Think Bebe works as a back up to JV for next year (or this year for that matter) BUT the issue there is that Bebe's almost made of glass.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            To be fair Bebe and Biz are the same age, both are 23 and both are still young.
                            That they are.. but one is a tasmanian devil on the boards in a mans body that inspires a little fear and provides some rim protection right now......and the other .. well.. not so much eh ?

Bebe might get there.. but then again he might not. How long does one wait... Clock is three years and running on Bebe.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              That they are.. but one is a tasmanian devil on the boards in a mans body that inspires a little fear and provides some rim protection right now......and the other .. well.. not so much eh ?

Bebe might get there.. but then again he might not. How long does one wait... Clock is three years and running on Bebe.
                              Bebe also provides a few things that Bismack doesn't. Like offensive ability and floor spacing.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Bebe also provides a few things that Bismack doesn't. Like offensive ability and floor spacing.
                                He provides the POTENTIAL for offensive ability and floor spacing. Just not right now and I am somewhat skeptical if he ever will.
                                Tick..Tick.. Tick... Tick...year 3 and the clock is running.... Sometimes you just sell the stock and take your loss and move on.
                                Kinda wish there was the equivalent of winter ball for basketball players so this guy could play some... He is in the Dl league but he needs more playing time..
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Feb 2, 2016, 02:35 PM.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X