No announcement yet.

Game 54 - Memphis Grizzlies 85 - Toronto Raptors 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if the veteran Scola has a good game against the talented but inexperienced Kristaps P. tonight?

We may have to walk back some of the comments here today...no?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      What if the veteran Scola has a good game against the talented but inexperienced Kristaps P. tonight?

If Scola were having good games, we wouldn't have these comments.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        What if the veteran Scola has a good game against the talented but inexperienced Kristaps P. tonight?

I disagree. First of all, Porzingis is exactly the type of big that Scola struggles most against, and secondly, one good game against an awful team wouldn't make up for months of being terrible.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          I know DeMar's been bad defensively, and I'm not sure how much stock you put into on/off..

but with him off, this team plays like the best defensive club in the league. Better than the Spurs with Kawhi on the floor. That's uh... pretty fucking insane.
          See, I don't know if that is more telling of how bad a players defence is how misleading stats are.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            It's interesting, because it's easy to see that DeMar is better this year, and I've spoken in favor of signing him to the max, but those on/off numbers certainly say SOMETHING, I'm just not sure what.
            Idk how you can say you're in favor of him getting the max when I made a devil's advocate suggestion that we should trade DeMar and start Ross and you agreed with it.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              See, I don't know if that is more telling of how bad a players defence is how misleading stats are.
              We're talking about a sample size of 600+ minutes with DeMar off the floor. It's definitely saying something. Are we that good necessarily? Probably not, but we're still very good.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                Idk how you can say you're in favor of him getting the max when I made a devil's advocate suggestion that we should trade DeMar and start Ross and you agreed with it.
                That trade idea was contingent on getting value back for DeMar, and in that scenario I could buy in, yeah. I think an inside-out offense built around Lowry and JV being surrounded by shooters would be really, really good.

I also think that letting DeMar walk for nothing is a bad idea, so giving him the max makes sense.

Those two ideas aren't necessarily in conflict with each other. You don't let an asset walk for nothing if you can avoid it.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  For all you guys beating your head against the wall wanting casey to change something you don't like, let me remind you who we're dealing with

"No, not at all," said Raptors coach Dwane Casey, asked if he's considered altering his rotation ahead of Sunday's 98-85 win over Memphis. "You say [Scola's] struggling, what is he struggling at?"

"With him, he still gives us something: that experience, that steady hand. Luis is the least of our problems right now."
                  Man, if watching Zach Randolph blow by Scola doesn't force Casey to reconsider then I don't think anything will.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                    Man, if watching Zach Randolph blow by Scola doesn't force Casey to reconsider then I don't think anything will.
                    This is the same guy who watched an entire playoff series sweep out from under him, kept jj glued to the bench and mid series said "I don't believe in adjustments"
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                      Like a lava lamp...

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        This is the same guy who watched an entire playoff series sweep out from under him, kept jj glued to the bench and mid series said "I don't believe in adjustments"
                        Wtf, did he actually say that?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          That trade idea was contingent on getting value back for DeMar, and in that scenario I could buy in, yeah. I think an inside-out offense built around Lowry and JV being surrounded by shooters would be really, really good.

I also think that letting DeMar walk for nothing is a bad idea, so giving him the max makes sense.

Those two ideas aren't necessarily in conflict with each other. You don't let an asset walk for nothing if you can avoid it.
                          My issue is that you keep phrasing it as if you want DeRozan here but you don't. You simply want to keep the asset, you don't actually want DeRozan the player on the team. That's why I'm not ok with you constantly using that to preface your criticisms of him like you're in favor of him being here.

I'm not a mind-reader, but based on what you've said your ideal scenario would be re-sign DeRozan and then trade him on December 15th, 2016.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Wtf, did he actually say that?
                            http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...h-wizards.html

Adjustments, they say. Adjustments are everything.

Balderdash, or something close to that, says Raptors coach Dwane Casey.

“When people say making adjustments is when I laugh,” Casey said yesterday after the Raptors had a film and relaxed work session at the Air Canada Centre. “Going all the way to the championship (as a Dallas Mavericks assistant in 2011) we changed very little, maybe a substitution and we still won.

“That’s when I laugh when people say, ‘He beat him because he made 50 adjustments.’ You can’t do that. I’m not that smart by the way. I don’t know what coach is.”
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• He also said this a couple years back though...

Sometimes, however, swinging a series can be more about the specific impact of inserting one player than figuring out how the pieces fit together. Dwane Casey, the current head coach of the Toronto Raptors, was an assistant with the Dallas Mavericks in 2011 when they made a lineup decision that aided their run to an NBA title.

“Rick [Carlisle] inserting J.J. Barea into the lineup, I thought that was a huge, huge adjustment,” says Casey. “I thought that was a gutsy move on Rick’s part and our part as a staff to do that and it paid great dividends. That was probably the one move that we made that was huge — more than anything else throughout the playoffs.”

For those adjustments that do involve a specific player, Casey says, the challenge is finding a balance between trying to play to his strengths while also attacking an opponent’s weaknesses.

“[If you are] posting up a guy that hasn’t posted up all year as a big part of your offense, then I think you’re hurting your team,” he said.
                              http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...-nba-playoffs/

Let's provide a bit of context. From that quote it seems like he's saying that making a lot of adjustments isn't necessarily a good idea, not just making adjustments in general.

Comment

• Very easy to frame someone as an idiot when you don't take what they say with any sort of context. I want Casey out of here as much as the next guy but the bashing is kind of ridiculous at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X