Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please no 12:30 pm start times for home playoff games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
    Great! There is no 12:30 game at all this year. Bleacher Report posted the dates, times and channels for possible slots for games. The earliest game is 3 PM, which I doubt would be us as it is a ABC game.

We would probably be 5:30 or 8 on Saturday on ESPN or same time slot on Sunday except on TNT.

I think most of got our wish of no 12:30 games.

Link: http://teamstre.am/1XoYgfT
    Don't get too excited. The exact same schedule was posted in advance of last year's playoffs, and we still ended up with the 12:30 game. I personally will keep holding my breath until we have confirmed start times for each specific matchup.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Don't get too excited. The exact same schedule was posted in advance of last year's playoffs, and we still ended up with the 12:30 game. I personally will keep holding my breath until we have confirmed start times for each specific matchup.
      Lol you're thinking is just in line with mine. We need every advantage we can get. We 100% need to win game 1. We have to get ahead not be chasing. To win a series you must put yourself in a position to win.

Comment

We will be on ESPN.. I don't think ABC would want to venture to Canada. That being said, we will probably be at 5:30.
        Last edited by mjt20mik; Mon Apr 11, 2016, 09:31 AM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          Man we are the most whining 2nd seed ever.
          Speaking for myself, wanting a later game time has nothing to do with the Raptors' performance. It's all about being able to watch and enjoy the game more. Not that I personally have anything against beers at noon, but most of my friends have young kids and that might be frowned upon.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
            We will be on ESPN.. I don't think ABC would want to venture to Canada. That being said, we will probably be at 5:30.
            nah, they'll give us the 12:30 game. even if there wasn't originally intended to be one, they'll make an exception.

lol.

Comment

Can't really blame the networks if they give us a fucked up start time in the 1st round.

Our audience numbers in the states would be pretty shitty and Indy/Detroit wouldn't be much better.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Ya it's a shitty but completely understandable situation. US networks don't like giving up half their revenue for a game and if they're forced to then they'll make sure it takes a backseat to all their other games.

If they make it into the 2nd round or play a big market team like NY or Chicago that could change, but que sera, no use in getting angry about a minor problem that both teams have to deal with.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                  Ya it's a shitty but completely understandable situation. US networks don't like giving up half their revenue for a game and if they're forced to then they'll make sure it takes a backseat to all their other games.

If they make it into the 2nd round or play a big market team like NY or Chicago that could change, but que sera, no use in getting angry about a minor problem that both teams have to deal with.
                  So much so that they short circuit game clocks and shit just to mess with us.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                    Speaking for myself, wanting a later game time has nothing to do with the Raptors' performance. It's all about being able to watch and enjoy the game more. Not that I personally have anything against beers at noon, but most of my friends have young kids and that might be frowned upon.
                    When you have young kids you make mixed drinks

Comment

I personally would love a 12:30 start time... so I can make it to the game and not have to take the entire shift off. Leave that for when/If we get deeper into the playoffs.

Comment

ThePuffyTaco wrote: View Post
                        I personally would love a 12:30 start time... so I can make it to the game and not have to take the entire shift off. Leave that for when/If we get deeper into the playoffs.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                          You need new friends..... My wife's already working on her Game 1 loss explainer as to why daddy's drunk and yelling at the tv at 12:45 in the afternoon.....

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            You need new friends..... My wife's already working on her Game 1 loss explainer as to why daddy's drunk and yelling at the tv at 12:45 in the afternoon.....
                            No I don't...they need new wives
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                              I have to go to my nieces 2nd bday, but my sister in law is already aware I will emerge drunk from their basement sometime in the late afternoon
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I have to go to my nieces 2nd bday, but my sister in law is already aware I will emerge drunk from their basement sometime in the late afternoon
                                Weird....my niece's 2nd birthday is this weekend as well. Maybe I'll see you there?

Comment

Working...
                                X