Game 67 - Toronto Raptors 101 - Indiana Pacers 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, we won!

Brutal watch though, for the most part. We got the entire Bismack Biyombo experience tonight folks! Tremendous individual effort from him, obviously on the boards but also getting put backs and rolls to the rim. Missed some free throws, but meh.

On the other side of the coin? Welcome to the spacing nightmare that is full time Biyombo. It was very easy for the Pacers to shut down the offence most of the night by cutting off driving lanes for our guards.

The defence seemed really good based on the numbers, but man did we leave them open a lot, especially early on. Glad they missed. DeRozan actually was the standout this game on that end - great effort on George for the most part.

Lowry and DD took a LOT of shots to get their points but it's hard to blame them with the spacing looking the way it was tonight. Even a lot of the turnovers were the guards making passes that they usually make to JV and Biyombo not being able to handle them (which is still the guards' fault, they know who they are playing with).

Yucky to watch, but with JV down we'll take the win! Now let's rest guys tomorrow against BOS - DD and Lowry can both sit. Let's see what Wright and Powell and BeBe can do.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      No just the one bird year so we can't exceed the cap to re-sign him unless it's an exception like the MLE.
      Sure we can. But we can only offer a tiny raise on his current salary, so essentially the salary he'd be opting out of with his player option. The MLE is how we offer more money.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Sure we can. But we can only offer a tiny raise on his current salary, so essentially the salary he'd be opting out of with his player option. The MLE is how we offer more money.
        Do we know what the MLE will be? Its based on the Cap, yes?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Do we know what the MLE will be? Its based on the Cap, yes?
          Nope, pre-set value. 5.6M starting salary, 4 years 24M full contract offer at maximum.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You should probably just delete this post ... nothing good will come of this .. Haha

Plus Kevin Love is a loser.
            As I said, I dont want to do that trade lol

I was arguing with a friend who really wants to do that trade in the off-season. Just wanted to see who's side y'all were on, Judging by the responses, clearly my side lol
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
              As I said, I dont want to do that trade lol

I was arguing with a friend who really wants to do that trade in the off-season. Just wanted to see who's side y'all were on, Judging by the responses, clearly my side lol
              This is what I would say to your friend.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                Maybe? Are you crazy lol. Have you been watching Golden State at all? NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is beating them.
                There's no doubt the margin of error is slim, but the raps (small sample size I get it) have shown in the regular season series this year that they can somewhat hang with the warriors if their defensive intensity is up to snuff and they're effectively moving the ball to create high percentage scoring chances.
                Last edited by JV_The_Garbageman; Thu Mar 17, 2016, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  JV + our second 1st round pick this year for Love. Yes.

Or

JV + the NYK pick to Clips for Blake.
                  Wait.....if you think JV is a terrible player, how the hell is he going to help land either Griffin or Love?
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Biyombo should be required by league rules to give 20% of his contract next year to Ujiri and Casey. Maybe 25%. What a steal this guy has been.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                      Oh look we won so everyone can justify the way we played and build up more playoff disappointment
                      Yeah. Beat a desperate team on the road without JV or Carroll while holding them under 40% shooting. Terrible win.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        Yeah. Beat a desperate team on the road without JV or Carroll while holding them under 40% shooting. Terrible win.
                        You're making me sound like a prophet

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          Heh....if you read the comments on the quick reaction, one would think not having JV was a good thing.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Couldn't catch the latter half of this game but looking at the box score I gotta input:

Mad props to Biz

I wish JV could have one, just 1, night in his career with 42 minutes played

Why no Bebe?

We have literally replaced Lou Williams with Scola, and are now relying on a vet chucker as our third highest offensive option. Gross

Don't understand the comments that refer to JV ONLY being effective on the offensive end of the floor....despite being at least on par with Biz, and imo a slightly better (consistent) defender than Biz. Guys got to recognize that JV has been very good this year defensively, get with the times

Lowry and DD combined for only 56 points and 7 assists on approximately 66 possessions. Add Louuuuuu Scola into the mix and we are looking at about 3/4 of our possessions used by three players. Unbalanced offense. Same issues covered repeatedly in about 30+ game thread last year

Milwaukee game = great ball movement, high assists. No DD or JV. Was blamed on JV
                            Indiana game = poor ball movement, low assists. Have DD but no JV. True cause, and not Indiana's defense maybe??

By the sounds of it I'm glad I missed the game because the comments here sound like I would have clawed my eyes out trying to watch it

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Couldn't catch the latter half of this game but looking at the box score I gotta input:

Mad props to Biz

I wish JV could have one, just 1, night in his career with 42 minutes played

Why no Bebe?

We have literally replaced Lou Williams with Scola, and are now relying on a vet chucker as our third highest offensive option. Gross

Don't understand the comments that refer to JV ONLY being effective on the offensive end of the floor....despite being at least on par with Biz, and imo a slightly better (consistent) defender than Biz. Guys got to recognize that JV has been very good this year defensively, get with the times

Lowry and DD combined for only 56 points and 7 assists on approximately 66 possessions. Add Louuuuuu Scola into the mix and we are looking at about 3/4 of our possessions used by three players. Unbalanced offense. Same issues covered repeatedly in about 30+ game thread last year

Milwaukee game = great ball movement, high assists. No DD or JV. Was blamed on JV
                              Indiana game = poor ball movement, low assists. Have DD but no JV. True cause, and not Indiana's defense maybe??

By the sounds of it I'm glad I missed the game because the comments here sound like I would have clawed my eyes out trying to watch it
                              All I can tell you is I wanted to claw my eyes out watching Lowry and DD isolations at the end of the 4th. Its like those 2 magically become allergic to passing.

Comment

Whoa, missed the game, but looks like I missed a gem!! Bummer.

Guys ... we have 46 wins already ... and there's a 4 way tie for 3rd place, all of whom are closer to 10th than they are 2nd. ... these are crazy days.
                                Teams that now have 20+ road wins: Golden State, Spurs, Cavs, Clippers, and Raptors. Sheesh.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X