Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    With the way he is dominating the boards, any shot attempt is pretty much a pass to JV now.
    Raptors have done this all season. Whenever the get a switch they usually shoot cause the know JV or Biz will win the one on one battle on glass against a smaller player.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      There's no conspiracy theory. The refs haven't been bad.

DeRozan has been forcing his game, driving out-of-control into 2 and 3 defenders, since Indy is packing the paint to stop his drives.

DeRozan just needs to man up and buy into the team game, or else he'll find his ass nailed to the bench even more.
      TBH I didn't see any missed calls against Demar yesterday. Saw some against Lowry and Cojo.

Edit: I saw phantom calls for PG, but not missed calls against DD.
      Last edited by JimiCliff; Tue Apr 19, 2016, 11:39 AM.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JV is the reason we're still in this series. So happy we won that game.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• What I've seen is the refs rewarding PG for trying to make shots, and not rewarding DeMar for trying to draw fouls.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Raptors have done this all season. Whenever the get a switch they usually shoot cause the know JV or Biz will win the one on one battle on glass against a smaller player.
            We ranked 19th in offensive rebounding at just 10 per game, JV is averaging 8 per game this series so far. I really don't think this is what the Raptors were doing all season.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• If anything, the refs have been hard on JV, and JV is still getting it done.

Comment

I understand to be worried but, it seemed like we had already lost the series. When it was just one game. Raps were never going to sweep the Pacers. I just didn't understand all the doom and gloom over one game.
                Game one was catastrophic and most of what was said was warranted. Who was saying they expected the Raptors to sweep?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  What I've seen is the refs rewarding PG for trying to make shots, and not rewarding DeMar for trying to draw fouls.
                  Exactly. Although I'd say it goes one step beyond rewarding, and into legit conspiracy theory territory.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    There's no conspiracy theory. The refs haven't been bad.

DeRozan has been forcing his game, driving out-of-control into 2 and 3 defenders, since Indy is packing the paint to stop his drives.

DeRozan just needs to man up and buy into the team game, or else he'll find his ass nailed to the bench even more.
                    My DD driving it brings over JV/Biz man. Which than leave the glass open for either one. That's why as long as his attacking the paint his helping the team. It's like back in the day what the magic would do with Howard.

PG is getting tick tack fouls calls. DD is actually being pumped and pushed. Just asking the refs to call it the same way. They haven't been doing that.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      TBH I didn't see any missed calls against Demar yesterday. Saw some against Lowry and Cojo.
                      Yeah, a few bad calls either way. Pretty sure George was correct when Lowry hooked his arm and got the 3PA in transition for example. JV definitely got held a few times that went uncalled.

Overall, the refs haven't been anything outside of the expected. If you don't expect a couple of bad calls per game, then you haven't watched enough basketball.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Game one was catastrophic and most of what was said was warranted. Who was saying they expected the Raptors to sweep?
                        Not me I always said Raptors in 6 and it would be a hard fought series.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          I did, before tip off of the first game. Felt that JV was going to dominate and that KL and DD would continue their team first ways of the season. I was wrong.

But to be fair, before Carroll came back this was the matchup I feared the most because of Paul George. Once Carroll returned, I felt much more confident.

Comment

My DD driving it brings over JV/Biz man. Which than leave the glass open for either one. That's why as long as his attacking the paint his helping the team. It's like back in the day what the magic would do with Howard.

PG is getting tick tack fouls calls. DD is actually being pumped and pushed. Just asking the refs to call it the same way. They haven't been doing that.
                            I haven't seen any missed fouls on DeRozan.

There's a difference between aggressively attacking the paint, and forcing a selfish game by putting your head down and driving into a crowd that's waiting for you.

DeRozan is playing right into Indy's hands, since their defense is designed to defend his hero-ball approach. The refs aren't shutting down DeRozan - he's shutting himself down, by not adapting to Indy's defensive game-plan.

Comment

• I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                                I'm probably less concerned about DeMar than others. He doesn't suck - this is just a bad match up for him. Indiana has clearly figured out how to guard him. I think it would do DeMar some good to humble himself a touch and recognize that he's struggling because of Indiana, and not that he's simply missing shots. He's taking some foolish shots because that's all that he's getting. Thinking that his game is gonna come around doesn't address or solve the fact that the other team has his number, and that for him to get going, he and the Raptors have to address how they utilize him in offense differently.
                                The D will gravitate more toward JV now. DD should get more space operate now. Also if Lowry starts hitting his 3s would help as well.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X