Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deino wrote: View Post
    I think Casey in his own theory of heavily riding the back court for years mainly on iso plays makes it really tough now, even if he wants to make an adjustment to change that,it's not happening overnight,but that does not mean he cannot make matchups changes to surprise opponents in different situations similar to Indiana decision to start Turner.
    I don't see how it's tough to give jv more post ups and demar less iso, this is sports not rocket science.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      JV needs to be fed 3 posts up per quarter and all the pick and roll that he can take.
      I don't get why he doesn't take his anger out on DeMar for not passing to him, JV has to be a ticking time bomb by now.

Comment

• Fun fact!

Luis Scola, starting PF for a 56 win team and second seed in the Eastern conference, currently has a -0.9 PER and -0.101 WS/48 in the playoffs!

So much fun!

DeMar DeRozan, starting SG for a 56 win team and second seed in the Eastern conference, and two time all-star, currently has a 3.5 PER and -0.127 WS/48 in the playoffs!

Fun!

Those two players have combined to take 26% of the Raptors' shots! Those combined negative WS/48's (-.228) are higher than DeRozan's and Scola's combined career average positive regular season WS/48's (.212)!

Yay!
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• agree or disagree
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
            I don't get why he doesn't take his anger out on DeMar for not passing to him, JV has to be a ticking time bomb by now.
            JV too nice. He should've made a fuss about needing more touches by middle of year 3.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I don't see how it's tough to give jv more post ups and demar less iso, this is sports not rocket science.
              True and they should,but to ask this now after they played their game all regular season with JV for the most part being used to setting screens for different players does not help at this stage,Casey himself acknowledged that basketball is a game of continuity, now he's trying stuff (or not) that was not part of his regular game,expect it to work smoothly all of a sudden would be a stretch.

Comment

agree or disagree
                I think perennial 55 win team goes hand in hand with "gets to or near conference finals but can't beat elite of elite" but not so much "can't for their lives get out of the first freaking round."

So I agree, but also think we have to be very careful applying said thinking to the current Raptors team.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

agree or disagree
                  we're all of a sudden a perennial 55-win team?

Comment

True and they should,but to ask this now after they played their game all regular season with JV for the most part being used to setting screens for different players does not help at this stage,Casey himself acknowledged that basketball is a game of continuity, now he's trying stuff (or not) that was not part of his regular game,expect it to work smoothly all of a sudden would be a stretch.
                    But we didn't ask this now. We asked this all season long.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                      JV too nice. He should've made a fuss about needing more touches by middle of year 3.
                      and how's being the nice guy workin' for him? I guess not too well.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I think it's actually been closer to three full seasons
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          You're wright,it should have been done early in the season, a talent of JV's caliber and size should be utilized to his strengths and would create a mismatch for so many teams.

Comment

You're wright,it should have been done early in the season, a talent of JV's caliber and size should be utilized to his strengths and would create a mismatch for so many teams.
                            Even if it didn't work great, at least he'd have the reps under his belt and the team would have some practice running plays to get clean post ups, rather than having to shift to that strategy on the fly.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Lets remember, these issues(defensive lapses, too much iso, too much reliance on free throws, too much Scola, not enough JV) are things that some of us were bringing up all year, and we were shouted down because we were winning.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Lets remember, these issues(defensive lapses, too much iso, too much reliance on free throws, too much Scola, not enough JV) are things that some of us were bringing up all year, and we were shouted down because we were winning.
                                It's an annual tradition up in here.

Comment

Working...
                                X