Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Here's Casey:

Oh, Dwane, I bet I know ONE thing that won't be different from game to game. Vet's vet.
    That's what blows my mind. The consistency of it. He hasn't missed a single start. Even Amir hasn't started every game in a season with the Raptors.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
      That's what blows my mind. The consistency of it. He hasn't missed a single start. Even Amir hasn't started every game in a season with the Raptors.
      Well, Scola rested a few down the stretch. To be fair. But yeah, for most of the year he was the starter every game.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

For those wondering about Canadian TV broadcast channels:

twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

For those wondering about Canadian TV broadcast channels:

But likely not with Canadian broadcast crews, right? Simulcasting the US feeds instead?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            But likely not with Canadian broadcast crews, right? Simulcasting the US feeds instead?
            I expect the Canadian broadcast crews.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              The last 2 years it's been matt jack and Leo
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                I've been looking at this game as a bettor for the past couple hours...And one thing is clear, Pacers are the best team in the NBA when playing on 2 days rest. Actually, if you bet $100 every time on rested Pacers ATS this season, you'd have won ~$975 ( 50% ROI!! ) in profit.
                Raptors 5-2 - 71%
                Pacers 9-4 - 69%

Point differential there's no contest. Indy wins +8.9 to +1.4

Raptors played 5 playoff teams (CLE, CHAx2, BOS, ATL) and 2 lottery bound ones (WAS & UTA). 3 @ home, 4 away.

Pacers played 7 playoff teams (CLE w/o Lebron, LACx2, GSWx2, MIA, MIA & DET) and 6 lottery bound ones (CHIx2, MIL, WAS, MIN, NOP). 7 @ home, 6 away.

If you want to go another layer deeper you can calculate their respective opponent's win% on however many days rest they had when they played etc.
                Last edited by Mess; Thu Apr 14, 2016, 04:25 PM.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                  Raptors 5-2 - 71%
                  Pacers 9-4 - 69%

Point differential there's no contest. Indy wins +8.9 to +1.4

Raptors played 5 playoff teams (CLE, CHAx2, BOS, ATL) and 2 lottery bound ones (WAS & UTA). 3 @ home, 4 away.

Pacers played 7 playoff teams (CLE w/o Lebron, LACx2, GSWx2, MIA, MIA & DET) and 6 lottery bound ones (CHIx2, MIL, WAS, MIN, NOP). 7 @ home, 6 away.

If you want to go another layer deeper you can calculate their respective opponent's win% on however many days rest they had when they played etc.
                  Oh, and there's only 1 day of rest between games 1&2, 3&4, 6&7.

And the point differentials for 1 day of rest are: TOR +4 (35-17; 71%); INDY +2.2 (27-22; 55%)
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

At best 46? Some thought so, others thought 46 wins was more of a floor (myself included).

To me the main difference between the expected high-40's win result and the ultimate mid-50's win result is DeRozan's improved play - Lowry is awesome, and JV has been amazing, but those are expected to some degree. DD's change of play style has been dramatic. Also, no one was really sure how well the new defence would work - it's been very solid.
                    is... our newfound ability to consistently rebound on both ends of the floor. Last year it was heart rendering to watch on a nightly basis all those 2nd and even 3rd chance points get hung up against us with the resulting byproduct being ,in order to win in the 4th Q, the Raps had to outscore the opponent that night. That didn't work out so well eh ? It wasn't a sustainable strategy.

This year .. for me anyway... team rebounding from all hands and being able to amp up the defense in the 4th has won us games we would have lost last year.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      is... our newfound ability to consistently rebound on both ends of the floor. Last year it was heart rendering to watch on a nightly basis all those 2nd and even 3rd chance points get hung up against us with the resulting byproduct being ,in order to win in the 4th Q, the Raps had to outscore the opponent that night. That didn't work out so well eh ? It wasn't a sustainable strategy.

This year .. for me anyway... team rebounding from all hands and being able to amp up the defense in the 4th has won us games we would have lost last year.
                      Defense and Rebounding.

The year-over-year numbers are staggering:

- DRB% of 78% vs. 73% going from 25th in the NBA to 8th.

- OPP efg%: Only down about 1% but that's good for going from 24th in the NBA last year versus 14th this season.

Those are wild improvements. For me at least, the offensive improvements have been immaterial compared to the other end of the floor.

Comment

I'm so fucking ready for this. Raptors better not fuck it up
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Raptors in 5

Indiana wins one at home and we bring it back the ACC for the clinch.

BOOK IT
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Very much hating the 10:30 am start here in Calgary

So stupid

US media hinting that the Indiana-Raps series may be the big upset series in the playoffs this year. 3-6 in the east is anyone's guess

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Very much hating the 10:30 am start here in Calgary

So stupid

US media hinting that the Indiana-Raps series may be the big upset series in the playoffs this year. 3-6 in the east is anyone's guess
                              I actually don't hate it all here in calgary. Raptors playoffs when I wake up? Sweet! Breakfast and beer in the 2nd half and continue on with a beautiful day
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Let's go Raptors!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X