Everything Round 2 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Why do we need to pit certain players against others? Why can't we just be happy that the Raptors won the damn series?
    But then how will we know who is the smartest among us?

Comment

• Game 1 SECOND ROUND: Toronto Raptors vs. Miami Heat - May 3/16 8:00 PM EST

rocwell wrote: View Post
      lol NBA

Why does Kyle Lowry look like Lonny Baxter?

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
        This.

We technically executed. It's too bad the gameplan was a blank white board, DD somehow got it done.
        Dd didn't get anything done other than chucking wildly. We won despite of demar's poor play, not because of demar.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
          Because I'm a terrible human being.
          I don't know what you guys bet on or how you got them to agree on it but it's both the most disruptive and most infuriating forum bet I've seen in years. May the basketball gods curse your fantasy fortunes forever!

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            Dd didn't get anything done other than chucking wildly. We won despite of demar's poor play, not because of demar.
            And what about his impact play after impact play in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Quarters? Those never happened?
            Yes, he took some bone-headed shots, and no, Casey never once asked him not to .. so what is to be expected? When you've got Lowry and Casey in your ear saying "empty that clip man, we need you!" what do you expect the guy to do? When Casey is waving his arms like a mad man clearing the entire side for him every play and never once having guys actually move on offense?

This shouldn't be interpreted as me being happy, or satisfied with Demars play against Indiana, but geezus, people need to take a wider view and see it was more than just Demar playing poorly that drew out that series.

We won and lost as a team, and I'm sure anyone in a Raps jersey would say the same thing.
            Last edited by Joey; Mon May 2, 2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              I didn't think I'd actually see anyone say that we won that series because of Demar ... then again, I also didn't think I'd see someone defend his bad shots because we can grab the rebounds either.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                not to brag or anything but powell and i use the same aveeno moisturizer

You use it for a different purpose though, Norm just uses it to moisturize
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  lol NBA

No, see there's no way LeBron gets away with that jersey grab on Wade.

Comment

And what about his impact play after impact play in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Quarters? Those never happened?
                    Yes, he took some bone-headed shots, and no, Casey never once asked him not to .. so what is to be expected? When you've got Lowry and Casey in your ear saying "empty that clip man, we need you!" what do you expect the guy to do? When Casey is waving his arms like a mad man clearing the entire side for him every play and never once having guys actually move on offense?

This shouldn't be interpreted as me being happy, or satisfied with Demars play against Indiana, but geezus, people need to take a wider view and see it was more than just Demar playing poorly that drew out that series.

We won and lost as a team, and I'm sure anyone in a Raps jersey would say the same thing.
                    Eh he got hot in the first and third, but that encouraged him to chuck even more, so he ended up doing more bad than good. I think he hit first five of his 8 shots and then shot nearly 25% for rest of the game. Proves my point about doing more harm than good.

I see demar as the kind i of player who will chuck wildly, and then Casey encourages him even more, which is how you get the ugly shooting nights. Yes Casey tells him to shoot, but it's still up to him to make the smart plays. I'm sure Casey won't be mad if he's hitting open guys rather than taking tough fade aways. Casey says he needs Lowry to score, but Lowry has enough sense to at least get others involved and look for better shots. Why can't demar do the same?
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Well there you go. He could very well rebound and play a more important role against the Heat in the 2nd round.

I think DeMar has seen the worst of what he could possibly face against anyone here on out in the East. His offence should return somewhere to where it was in the regular season. Kyle is not going to shoot any better, but without that top 5 defence to deal with he should have more of an impact as well.

We just have to play good defence and we punch our ticket to the ECF.

Let me just say though...and I'm not a conspiracy theory guy, but if thee was a match up the NBA would love to exploit, it would be LeBron vs. his old team. Calls should be heavily in Miami's favour this round.

jeez I hope not but it would not be a surprise if it happened

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        Disagree.

Miami loves to play small. In order to match small, we will need Ross.
                        We'll need him but will he fucking show up? Probably not
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

The problem is that just like in so many regular season wins, the hero-ball offense was forced and inefficient, and it nearly cost the team. The fear is that eventually it will catch up to the Raptors.

To put things into perspective, from game #7:

- DeRozan took 32 shots to score 30 points

- JV, Patterson, Carroll, Biyombo, Ross and Powell combined to take 35 shots, and scored 40 points (with several of JV's shots being rebound tips, which are hardly actual shots that eat up a possession)

DeRozan and the team are both at their best when DeRozan plays more of a facilitator role, allowing him to still 'get his', but far more efficiently. He clearly wants to help the team win badly, but he doesn't have the BBIQ (or coaching input) to realize that helping the team win does not mean he has to personally score all the points for the team.

If DeRozan had realized that he could positively impact this team in other ways beyond scoring, similar to how Lowry adjusted his game, then I honestly don't think that series would have gone 7 games against Indiana. I fully agree that part/most/all of the blame ultimately lands on Casey's shoulders.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            $11M in the new NBA isn't that bad. It could be considered a steal by some depending on how good Ujiri is at selling. He just needs to stay away from new school teams who live by metrics because Ross stinks at metrics. He sometimes passes the eye test so, you know, start with the Knicks and Lakers and work your way out.
                            Are you thinking what I'm thinking? (Ross to NY for 2018 1st?). OK that was mean. You think Dolan is still pissed at Masai?

Comment

• Worth looking at before the second round:

http://hoopshype.com/2016/05/02/kyle...ooters-so-far/
                              MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                - DeRozan took 32 shots to score 30 points

- JV, Patterson, Carroll, Biyombo, Ross and Powell combined to take 35 shots, and scored 40 points (with several of JV's shots being rebound tips, which are hardly actual shots that eat up a possession)
                                This seems like a good spot to use my trusty estimated ORTG - points divided by (FGA's + roughly half of FTA's + TOV - ORB).

DeMar scored 30 points on 32 shots, 4 trips to the line and 1 turnover. 30 points on 37 possessions used.

That other group combined for 40 points on 35 FGA's, 3 trips to the line, 2 turnovers, and 15 offensive boards. 40 points on 25 possessions used.

That's a 81 ORTG vs a 160 ORTG. Literally about twice as productive.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X