Everything Round 2 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• The best part about the Raptors winning is listening to American media being forced to talk about them. Mind you, they have very little nice things to say, but now they can't just outright ignore us.

And I'll take sweet pleasure in having the Raptors win this game (hopefully) and/or this series (hopefully), if that happens, because it will effectively cock block their beloved Heat-Cavs match up.

Comment

• The Raptors need to relax today and take their minds off the game; try not to psych themselves out. Maybe by pondering life's mysteries...

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
          The best part about the Raptors winning is listening to American media being forced to talk about them. Mind you, they have very little nice things to say, but now they can't just outright ignore us.

And I'll take sweet pleasure in having the Raptors win this game (hopefully) and/or this series (hopefully), if that happens, because it will effectively cock block their beloved Heat-Cavs match up.
          I'd be willing to wager that if you compared the attention Wade got in the media down there last series to the attention he's getting this series you'd conclude that he's fallen off the map. Funny though seeing how there's less match ups to talk about now and so you'd think they'd want to talk about him more.

All I see is short things like "the Heat will win because of Wade" or "the Heat will win because I really want to see James vs. Wade". Next story.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            I'd be willing to wager that if you compared the attention Wade got in the media down there last series to the attention he's getting this series you'd conclude that he's fallen off the map. Funny though seeing how there's less match ups to talk about now and so you'd think they'd want to talk about him more.

All I see is short things like "the Heat will win because of Wade" or "the Heat will win because I really want to see James vs. Wade". Next story.
            I actually live in the US part time, so I'm quite versed on what the media coverage is down here. And you're right, the Wade talk was high initially probably because they were setting the stage and building excitement for James vs. Wade. Since the Raptors won game three, and it appeared that the James vs. Wade thing might actually be a question mark (i.e. the Raptors aren't just going to fold to the Heat and may actually win the series), the talk has subsided, somewhat.

Comment

• I'm really hoping the refs don't screw the guys over tonight with phantom calls. I'm not a conspiracy nut but that last game in Miami (especially the late game call on Lowry against Wade where clearly Lowry didn't come close to touching Wade) was highly suspicious. I mean how does anyone blow the whistle and make that call? I don't even think the NBA addressed it. It was just plain weird. Then you have that missed tech on Dragic right in front of the officials where the possible extra bucket could have won that game by the end; that one was addressed.

I want the game to be decided by the players and not the Dwayne Wade fan club whistle holders.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                I'm really hoping the refs don't screw the guys over tonight with phantom calls. I'm not a conspiracy nut but that last game in Miami (especially the late game call on Lowry against Wade where clearly Lowry didn't come close to touching Wade) was highly suspicious. I mean how does anyone blow the whistle and make that call? I don't even think the NBA addressed it. It was just plain weird. Then you have that missed tech on Dragic right in front of the officials where the possible extra bucket could have won that game by the end; that one was addressed.

I want the game to be decided by the players and not the Dwayne Wade fan club whistle holders.
                http://official.nba.com/wp-content/u...99-Heat-91.pdf

Q4 01:54.0 Foul: Shooting Kyle Lowry Dwyane Wade IC
                Lowry (TOR) makes incidental contact with Wade (MIA) that does not affect his jump shot attempt.
                He got the call because he stuck the landing (and Tony Brothers is a sucker for good acting). Look at how Wade flails and falls backwards. It would be Oscar worthy except he isn't white.

(I don't think Cory's poke in Wade's face was in the last 2 minutes, but he did make contact with him, which was still dumb).
                Last edited by Mess; Fri May 13, 2016, 11:35 AM.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• I propose that when we are leading by 8 or more in the fourth quarter, our players are only allowed to look at the shot clock. Just play your best, run whats been working and "the score will take care of itself".

Comment

• What how come when OKC advanced they get 3 days off but when (if) raptors win tonite they only get 1 day off????? (play on Sunday) is this correct?

Comment

• iscanuck wrote: View Post
                      What how come when OKC advanced they get 3 days off but when (if) raptors win tonite they only get 1 day off????? (play on Sunday) is this correct?
                      Because clevelands already been resting for 5 days and sunday would make it 7 full days of rest. Plus i think the nba wants playoff basketball on every night

Comment

• And also because Miami and Toronto were the only two teams to drag out their 1st round to 7 games.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Yeah and they cant have teams halfway done the 3rd round when other teams are still trying to get through the 2nd round.

Comment

What how come when OKC advanced they get 3 days off but when (if) raptors win tonite they only get 1 day off????? (play on Sunday) is this correct?
                            TV. Need a game Sunday for ABC.

Comment

• and that's how we like it... long enough for them to rest be 100% and not too long so that they don't forget how to play ball.

Comment

and that's how we like it... long enough for them to rest be 100% and not too long so that they don't forget how to play ball.
                                except they won't be 100% even if they win it in game 7 and game 1 isn't until tuesday. JV's got his ankle, Demarre's got his hand, Demar's got his thumb, and god knows what anyone else has that we don't know about.

Comment

Working...
                                X