Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade Lowry for another top 10 pick in this draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right because that foot, ankle, knee and back issue he's dealing with is really a pain right now. We need a 20 something living in his parents basement to come in and straighten this all out immediately.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Right because that foot ankle, knee and back issue he's dealing with is really a pain right now. We need a 20 something living in his parents basement to come in and straighten this all out immediately.
      To be fair, I think Lowry might have actually had all four of those injuries last season.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Trade Lowry for a top-10 pick (plus the cap space the move would clear), let DeRozan walk, relieve Casey of his duties, add 2 top-10 picks, add a max contract player (thanks to DeRozan/Lowry/Scola/Johnson/Thompson/Biyombo cap space), bring in a new coach with a breath of fresh air... mini-rebuild/retool on the fly.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Lowry was bad last game.. but without him this team is essentially fighting Indiana and Detroit just to make it into the playoffs. Lowry was probably instrumental in us winning 50 or so games.

He was definitely our MVP in the regular season.

It's too bad he got the second most minutes in the league this year.. because if he hadn't, maybe he plays like he did in the regular season instead of what he's been doing??

Anyway to the OP.. a top 10 pick requires development.. at least 2-3 years. Even if it was Murray. The good thing is the PG spot is the easiest to obtain in this league. I'd consider trading him to help our front court.. but the top 10 pick thing... Not really enticing.
          i dont see what his minutes played have to do with anything. hes never been in better shape in his life. the elbow started the issue. now its probably creeping into him mentally. but i dont think shaving off a complete of minutes a game would have had any significant gain on his post-season performance.

i think all this trade lowry nonsense is going a bit crazy. i expect that immediately after last nights game, but the next day still? come on. lowry is still our best player. i'm still behind the guy.

Comment

Its gotta be a pretty tough offseason for Masai. JV has really come into his own, and Powell and Cojo have been the best guards of the playoffs. At the same time, those weren't the guys that got 56 wins.

To me this is the offseason to double down on the kl, dd core or recenter around younger guys.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              Its gotta be a pretty tough offseason for Masai. JV has really come into his own, and Powell and Cojo have been the best guards of the playoffs. At the same time, those weren't the guys that got 56 wins.

To me this is the offseason to double down on the kl, dd core or recenter around younger guys.
              The Casey/Lowry/DeRozan core has had 3 playoff runs to #provem. DeRozan is a free agent this offseason. Lowry is a free agent next offseason. Casey has an option to decide upon this offseason.

MU is likely going to get roasted in the short-term no matter what decisions he makes this summer, but it's certainly going to be fun to watch play out!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                Trade Lowry for a top-10 pick (plus the cap space the move would clear), let DeRozan walk, relieve Casey of his duties, add 2 top-10 picks, add a max contract player (thanks to DeRozan/Lowry/Scola/Johnson/Thompson/Biyombo cap space), bring in a new coach with a breath of fresh air... mini-rebuild/retool on the fly.
                Who are you getting to sign on for max money here thats better than DeRozan if the team gets rid of Lowry and DeRozan? I personally don't like the idea of riding or dieing on this draft with two picks. I'd rather them trade up using the lotto pick assuming it lands at 9 or 10.
                Last edited by Apollo; Wed May 4, 2016, 11:20 AM. Reason: Auto correct

Comment

Top 4, yes. 5-10, probably no. There's nobody in that second tier who doesn't have serious flaws or red flags, and I think you could get a better young player back for Lowry than a mid-lottery draft pick.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    The Casey/Lowry/DeRozan core has had 3 playoff runs to #provem. DeRozan is a free agent this offseason. Lowry is a free agent next offseason. Casey has an option to decide upon this offseason.

MU is likely going to get roasted in the short-term no matter what decisions he makes this summer, but it's certainly going to be fun to watch play out!
                    He has so many assets. I think the summer is the land of opportunity for the Raptors.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Who are you getting to sign on for max money here thats better than DeRozan if the team gets rid of Lowry and DeRozan? I personally don't like the idea of riding or dieing on this draft with two picks. I'd rather them trade up using the lotto pick assuming it lands at 9 or 10.
                      Trading up works too, I'd be in support. I was just replying to the OP and voicing my overall desire to move on from the Casey/DeRozan/Lowry core, for a more team-first, pass-happy approach. Adding 1 or 2 high quality prospects, along with what could be signed via the cap space getting rid of one/both of them would create, would be a solid return (especially given their contract status and age - Lowry).

Comment

If they're swapping out both stars I could get on the Casey needs to go wagon. I'm already now on the Lowry isn't safe wagon. If both stars go I need to see a new star come in. Even if it's a year away.

Comment

Depending on how the lottery shakes out I could see Sacremento or Philly wanting to do a trade for a point guard like Lowry.

Comment

I could also see the Pelicans as potential trade partners. Maybe they would be willing to trade their pick for a Lowry-Davis pairing...

Comment

I definitely think there are teams that may be willing to trade in the top 10. We'll see how things shake out. Sometimes a lot depends on who's on the board when a team drafts.

NOP, SAC, maybe LAL if they drop, or MIN could look to accelerate their build.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                I could also see the Pelicans as potential trade partners. Maybe they would be willing to trade their pick for a Lowry-Davis pairing...
                                not going to lie.

a lowry-gordan-davis core with reke and holiday coming off the bench is pretty deadly
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X