Everything ECF 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    I'll try and tie a Raptors angle into the finals. Should we be cheering for Cleveland (from a Raptors perspective)? I don't think Cleveland winning will make them a more desired destination for free agents. They know it's too dependent on one player. Maybe if they win, Lebron takes his foot off the gas a bit, management doesn't keep spending. It would be the opposite if they lose. Just trying to find an angle of hope for Raptors playoff futures.
    I'm cheering for Cleveland because it will make our 6 game series look all the more impressive, if we lost to the CHAMPS. If they get their asses beat in 4 or 5 it will show how far we truly are, not just from the EC champ but to sniffing a ring.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I don't like the Warriors so the Cavs by default. If the Thunder hadn't blown it I'd be cheering for them.

Comment

• I just don't want LeBron to be 2-5 in the finals. He's gonna get killed if he loses again.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
          I just don't want LeBron to be 2-5 in the finals. He's gonna get killed if he loses again.
          I hate that he gets killed for that stat. Not even a lebron fan but come on, what that means is 2 championships and 7 finals appearances. That is an impressive stat not a negative one. It's like he'd be looked at better if he was 2-0 in the finals which makes no sense. Not to mention 2 of those 4 losses were dragging inferior cleveland teams all the way to the finals by himself.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I'm cheering for Cleveland because it will make our 6 game series look all the more impressive, if we lost to the CHAMPS. If they get their asses beat in 4 or 5 it will show how far we truly are, not just from the EC champ but to sniffing a ring.
            This exactly, and also because if the cavs lose again they're probably gonna try and keep stacking that team up with even more talent which makes it even more difficult for raps to get to the final.

Comment

I hate that he gets killed for that stat. Not even a lebron fan but come on, what that means is 2 championships and 7 finals appearances. That is an impressive stat not a negative one. It's like he'd be looked at better if he was 2-0 in the finals which makes no sense. Not to mention 2 of those 4 losses were dragging inferior cleveland teams all the way to the finals by himself.
              Yup. It makes no sense. It's like it's better for your legacy to lose in the 1st couple of rounds instead of the finals
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• WTF?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  WTF?

"to operate a trucking company"
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

It makes zero sense but it's the narrative the media has created.

I even remember Stephen A Smith saying earlier on in the year (I think after Cleveland got blown out by GS) that it would be better for LeBron's legacy if the Raptors beat the Cavs to the get to the finals.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      WTF?

I can't read this right now. Is it gang related?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Rumours are he was affiliated with Vancouver gangs so it sounds like it.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Yes. He is a gangster from Vancouver and his dad and brother are all associated with drugs, kidnapping, etc

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Rumours are he was affiliated with Vancouver gangs so it sounds like it.
                            KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Yes. He is a gangster from Vancouver and his dad and brother are all associated with drugs, kidnapping, etc
                            Incredibly rarely, if ever, are people who are simply out and about driving their cars around town doing daily errands randomly shot and left for dead in their cars.

So being a laconic cynic I'd have to default to the notion that this particular individual while on his eastern business trip who might have been told to keep a low profile while in Toronto ... didn't ....and was seen by someone who he shouldn't have been seen by or said something he shouldn't have said.... and as an occupational hazard in his line of business was removed from the gene pool permanently.

Or.. he was a good church going boy who was a pillar of the community and no one understands how this could have happened.

You decide.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jun 10, 2016, 10:23 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Not cool to be captured on television being thrown out of a game for heckling if you have paper on you. It's a cold game ya'll. http://vancouversun.com/news/staff-b...ges-in-ontario

Comment

• I was reading something in the Mailbag section on the front page and there was something mentioned about Wes Matthews.

That got me wondering if we did sign him would the ECF have gone any different? Who would Wes have replaced in our rotation and would it have had an impact against CLE? Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X