The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Which is about to be considered good value. It's all relative - it's the market that matters.
    I think it'll still look like a bad contract this off-season and look slightly less bad come next off season.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      Saw something about sixers possibly offering harrison barnes the max or something close to it.

Never change BC. Never change.
      This one isn't on BC.

If the Sixers want to get any player; they're going to have to over pay them ... by a lot.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• anyone interested in picking up David West?
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          anyone interested in picking up David West?
          would be a great great mentor and leader. If we could get him for what the spurs were paying him Absolutely. I doubt he'd be interested.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            anyone interested in picking up David West?
            For the MLE? Sure. But we'd better have struck out on better options first. Plan A should not be a veteran stopgap PF.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
              Pau Gasol
              If so should we let BB go and try and sign Gasol?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                If so should we let BB go and try and sign Gasol?
                See that's why I just want to sign Biz. Either way you're simply fortifying your stable of bigs. Biz has proven his production coming off the bench, along with his defensive versatility. Any offensive improvement and you're talking about a top-efficiency bigman. You add in his proven leadership intangibles, and I think you've got an asset you ought to hold onto especially at below market cost.

Gasol is on his last legs. Bismack just became a lion-man.

Comment

• if gasol wants the spurs, i can't see him not going there. he wants to play center and aldridge likes pf.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Conley gets to chose his team. Are there no other teams with cap space and a need for a PG? Cause Conley is actually worth a max offer.

BTW, Pretty sure it was Babcock, not BC who got Jose here.
                    Your right on Babcock and Jose... Thought it was BC who brought both him and Garbo over ..

On... Conley yes he has a choice where he goes.. still think that supply and demand issues put Philly high on the list of consideration.....

Which teams with loads of cap space, other than Philly, badly need PG's ?
                    Can't think of to many ......

Lakers need everything but they are further back on the respectability curve than the Sixers are right now....and they are still sorting out if Russell will play PG or SG...
                    The laugh a minute Knicks just traded for Rose..
                    The Nets will be so bad flies may land on them instead of shit next year and they are far behind Philly on the curve back to respectability...
                    Boston has cap space but they have more guards than Metro East Detention Centre
                    The Kings also need a PG and they could make the space.. but they're the Kings...They'll continue to load up on the all assmuppett team by trying to add Dion Waiters to the team...

That leaves
                    Memphis who looks to be going in the wrong direction but it is home for Mike
                    Milwaukee who has a good young core and could free up enough space to sign Conley to a max as well....
                    But both are pretty small markets in comparison to Philly..
                    Philly.. who has the space and loaded front court who needs someone to get the ball to them.. Conley fixes that issue ..I mean.. TJ McConnell starts for these guys.. ya gotta fix that..
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jun 28, 2016, 11:53 PM.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                      Saw something about sixers possibly offering harrison barnes the max or something close to it.

Never change BC. Never change.
                      Can't forget than coin flip. Still would take Barnes over Ross.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        Can't forget than coin flip. Still would take Barnes over Ross.
                        At 10 mil so would I

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Don't know if this was already posted:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ents/86403132/

If Biz finds a way back here then Poeltl is going to have to be able to earn minutes at the 4 if he hopes to play next season because Casey won't sub him in over Biz.
                          Poetl could end up in D league to get minutes.

Comment

• If anyone cares Pelton was our GM on duncdon mock pod. We resigned demar and signed bass with the mle. Thats our summer. No trades considered in the pod tho.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              This is an interesting question. I've said before that it's interesting the way DeMar and Masai are both hedging on DeMar re-signing. This might also be a sign of the same.
                              For what it's worth I think I understand your point and I agree with you regarding both sides Appearing to give themselves a little wiggle room in the event negotiations don't go as they expect they will / should.

I expect Demar back at a semi-reasonable sum. But I think there may be some daylight there. And I don't think it's just because I don't tho k Demar is all that and a bag of chips.

At the end of the day if Masai really wants Demar back and Demar really wants to be back, the deal gets done. And I think that is still the most likely scenario.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Your right on Babcock and Jose... Thought it was BC who brought both him and Garbo over ..

On... Conley yes he has a choice where he goes.. still think that supply and demand issues put Philly high on the list of consideration.....

Which teams with loads of cap space, other than Philly, badly need PG's ?
                                Can't think of to many ......

Lakers need everything but they are further back on the respectability curve than the Sixers are right now....and they are still sorting out if Russell will play PG or SG...
                                The laugh a minute Knicks just traded for Rose..
                                The Nets will be so bad flies may land on them instead of shit next year and they are far behind Philly on the curve back to respectability...
                                Boston has cap space but they have more guards than Metro East Detention Centre
                                The Kings also need a PG and they could make the space.. but they're the Kings...They'll continue to load up on the all assmuppett team by trying to add Dion Waiters to the team...

That leaves
                                Memphis who looks to be going in the wrong direction but it is home for Mike
                                Milwaukee who has a good young core and could free up enough space to sign Conley to a max as well....
                                But both are pretty small markets in comparison to Philly..
                                Philly.. who has the space and loaded front court who needs someone to get the ball to them.. Conley fixes that issue ..I mean.. TJ McConnell starts for these guys.. ya gotta fix that..
                                Whichever direction Memphis is going, they have Conley's Bird Rights. And if they choose a different direction, Rick Carlisle's team has space and the need for a PG.

Sorry, DS, I just don't see Conley thinking of Philly as a fit.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X