The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    Me too. He's too old, and JJ was playing really well in the playoffs. If that 3 pointer is here to stay he can definitely replace demarre.
    Yeah I dunno if I'd say that.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Yeah I dunno if I'd say that.
      Obviously it's a little bit much but would you rather have a forward tandem of JJ and Milsap or DC and Scola. That's all I'm thinking.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        If the Bulls turned down 5th/Crowder/Bradley they're not taking Poeltl, worse players, and three marginal picks.
        The Bulls' counteroffer for Butler was all of the Celtics' first-rounders that year, the swap rights for Brooklyn's 2017 pick, Crowder, Bradley and Marcus Smart.

Which is their way of saying "unless you are willing to pay through the nose, why would we trade our star player?"

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          The Bulls' counteroffer for Butler was all of the Celtics' first-rounders that year, the swap rights for Brooklyn's 2017 pick, Crowder, Bradley and Marcus Smart.

Which is their way of saying "unless you are willing to pay through the nose, why would we trade our star player?"
          Yea but throughout the season, with minimal to no veteran leadership and not much winning I can definitely see a disgruntled Butler talking to the media eye to eye about how much he'd like to be traded.

The Bulls can't ask teams to pay through the nose then.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
            Yea but throughout the season, with minimal to no veteran leadership and not much winning I can definitely see a disgruntled Butler talking to the media eye to eye about how much he'd like to be traded.

The Bulls can't ask teams to pay through the nose then.
            Sure they can. Butler sells tickets, and the Bulls can likely construct a team that at least makes playoffs this year. That's money, and the Bulls care about money. Plus, they're a smart franchise, and figure they can work things out with Butler, especially now that he's clearly the alpha dog on the team.

Everybody was saying the same thing about Boogie for two years straight and his trade value hasn't dropped at all, and Boogie is a way bigger pain in the ass than Butler. If the Bulls decide to cut bait with Butler next year, they will have multiple suitors because his contract situation is amazingly good right now - locked down through 2019 for $17m per season. For a star player that's about as good as it could possibly be.

Comment

Sure they can. Butler sells tickets, and the Bulls can likely construct a team that at least makes playoffs this year. That's money, and the Bulls care about money. Plus, they're a smart franchise, and figure they can work things out with Butler, especially now that he's clearly the alpha dog on the team.

Everybody was saying the same thing about Boogie for two years straight and his trade value hasn't dropped at all, and Boogie is a way bigger pain in the ass than Butler. If the Bulls decide to cut bait with Butler next year, they will have multiple suitors because his contract situation is amazingly good right now - locked down through 2019 for $17m per season. For a star player that's about as good as it could possibly be.
              Yup, I agree it's gonna cost a lot to pry him away. But we can definitely construct a package to Bulls' liking.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                Yup, I agree it's gonna cost a lot to pry him away. But we can definitely construct a package to Bulls' liking.
                Really? Many around the league would argue Butler is better than anybody on the Raptors roster. In a situation like that, Masai would have to gut the team to get him. There certainly aren't any top 5 draft picks to offer.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• There's a reason you rarely see trades for stars
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Ross and BeBe and Siakam for Noel would mean getting our backup C and clearing 13.3M in total cap room to chase a mid-tier PF this summer (could offer 4/57, or just over 14M per year to someone).
                    I like nerlens but hes gonna want a lot next yr. We will get biz for 5m less or more and I think we could use bebe, siakam in another trade.

Comment

• Everybody is reporting that Joakim Noah to the Knicks for $18m per year for 2-3 years is basically a done deal.

Comment

• The nice thing about trading Ross for a player (like Noel) rather than for cap space is you get to keep JJ's rights (how much can this guy get on the open market btw?) and have full (now piddling but better than the Room) mle.

Comment

Everybody is reporting that Joakim Noah to the Knicks for $18m per year for 2-3 years is basically a done deal.
                          That puts Biz around 16-19.

Comment

• Porzingis+Noah is a good fit.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              I like nerlens but hes gonna want a lot next yr. We will get biz for 5m less or more and I think we could use bebe, siakam in another trade.
                              Is that enough for us to get Pau?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                Porzingis+Noah is a good fit.
                                Agreed. Now, if the Knicks want to run aspects of the Triangle offense, Noah is a huge asset. Best passing big in basketball behind Pau Gasol.

Comment

Working...
                                X