X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapko wrote: View Post
    See bold:
    You are sure?
    Lets dream for a moment. Last year we got "an audience" with LMA. He chose SA instead. In retrospect (knowing what we know today), you think LAM would not have wished he signed with us instead? This To team with LMA at 4? I know who knows but...
    Fast forward to 1 July 2016 FA signings. Is the a very good PF that might see himself as a final piece of To puzzle & help this team to finals? Horford?
    Not every elite, desirable FA can (or wants to) play for Spurs, Cavs or GS.
    Is there a David West like player that will come to To for vets min?
    Our performance this year can only help.
    5-10000 loyal, loud fans in Jurassic park alone can only be a plus.
    Last year we were proud that LMA even considered us. This year maybe "next step"?
    Kind of a shame LMA wasn't a free agent this year, or this Raps team didn't preform like this last year. He would have been such a great piece on this team.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      Here's the way I see it. If you want a star back, a true game changing star like Millsap, Griffin, or Cousins, it's going to hurt.

When you think of the trade, if what you're giving up doesn't hurt just a little bit when you think about losing those assets, it's not enough.
      To be clear, I don't think we can trade Ross plus some other minor assets and get back a star player, because that's clearly stupid.

I do think we can trade Ross to move up in the draft significantly (from 9 to the 4-7, or from 27 up to the late teens), because I do think his value is high enough to manage that, and I would be willing to make that trade because Masai has proven himself to be a canny drafter, so I think the possibility of finding a contributor in the draft able to replace Ross's contributions to the team (or, alternately, replacing Powell's contributions, as Powell in turn replaces Ross) is reasonably good, and it lets us shed about $9m of Ross's $11m salary in the bargain.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
        To be clear, I don't think we can trade Ross plus some other minor assets and get back a star player, because that's clearly stupid.

I do think we can trade Ross to move up in the draft significantly (from 9 to the 4-7, or from 27 up to the late teens), because I do think his value is high enough to manage that, and I would be willing to make that trade because Masai has proven himself to be a canny drafter, so I think the possibility of finding a contributor in the draft able to replace Ross's contributions to the team (or, alternately, replacing Powell's contributions, as Powell in turn replaces Ross) is reasonably good, and it lets us shed about $9m of Ross's $11m salary in the bargain.
        But our biggest need is at the power forward position. Do we get noticably better at that position by moving up in the draft? I feel like the guys we want will be sitting there at #9. Why move up to get a guard who won't play with us having Lowry, CoJo, DeMar, Carroll and Powell anyways?
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Is Motiejunas any good?

Comment

• We could really use a Rasheed Wallace to get us over the hump.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              But even if they are looking to trade Millsap... they can do a hell of a lot better than Ross and the #9 pick.
              So can we.

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
                Is Motiejunas any good?
                Not bad when healthy. Unfortunately you do not get both (good & healthy) at the same time.
                Also I believe (both him & T Jones) are RFA. I doubt Hou keeps both.

Comment

• Screw all those guys. Terrance Jones is who we should be going after, I can see him having as big of an impact as Biyombo did this season.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Screw all those guys. Terrance Jones is who we should be going after, I can see him having as big of an impact as Biyombo did this season.
                    If he's a free agent, he's going to be very difficult to get.

Comment

Screw all those guys. Terrance Jones is who we should be going after, I can see him having as big of an impact as Biyombo did this season.
                      In four seasons, the guy has had one year where he played more than 50 games. It was a good year, but hasn't played as well since then. The injuries are pretty frightening, coupled with the fact that they may just make him a worse overall player.

Comment

Probably quite realistic as his stock went way down from "projected/guessed around $20 mil. Then again, as dysfunctional as Hou was last year, everybody's stock there went down.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                          Probably quite realistic as his stock went way down from "projected/guessed around $20 mil. Then again, as dysfunctional as Hou was last year, everybody's stock there went down.
                          Why go after someone older for much more money when you can land a young player for cheaper who can possibly end up a better player?

Comment

• Regarding a potential Ross trade on draft night to move up:

Isn't it unlikely we would trade Ross prior to Derozan signing in July?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                              Regarding a potential Ross trade on draft night to move up:

Isn't it unlikely we would trade Ross prior to Derozan signing in July?
                              Ross is really hard to trade before then anyways, because of his PPP and us(and 25 other teams) being over the cap until July.

I'd assume most of these trades are 'verbal agreement to draft the guy the other team wants, then trade on July 7th when the moratorium ends'.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Millsap is turning 32 next year and is a one-year rental. That will be enough to soften his price via trade a great deal. I love the guy but you better be sure the 9th pick plus other assets can't net you anything better before taking that gamble.

If nobody we like is at nine it's a good risk though.

Comment

Working...
                                X