No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not a Mozgov fan but he's a serviceable centre and a proven starter. Cleveland quit using him, but that contract is not unreasonable for a starting centre under the new cap. I'm glad the Raptors aren't paying him, but it's not surprising that one of the other 29 teams did.

Bench players are going to be getting $15m/yr.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      Mozgov saw less court time in the playoffs than James Johnson.... if you really think his contract was predictable then you're lying to yourself.
      The Mozgov one is baffling but the general point stands.

Comment

• The Bazemore stuff is really interesting.. if he signs elsewhere who plays on the wing for Atlanta? Perhaps a Millsap deal with Ross going the other way could actually become more enticing for them?

Really interested to see how that plays out.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Question: Does Biyombo get over $20 million per season or does he fall just shy? I say he gets like $18ish.
          I heard Parsons was getting over 20? Biz is definitely getting 20+.
          slaw wrote: View Post
          True.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            I'm not a Mozgov fan but he's a serviceable centre and a proven starter. Cleveland quit using him, but that contract is not unreasonable for a starting centre under the new cap. I'm glad the Raptors aren't paying him, but it's not surprising that one of the other 29 teams did.

Bench players are going to be getting $15m/yr.
            Only one center had a worse RPM than Roy Hibbert last year: Timofey Mozgov.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

If Mozgov is baffling then how is the general point still stands? how about 20 mill for Bazemore? ... I guess everyone expected crazy spending but I didn't expect stupid spending like what the Lakers and Blazers are doing.

I didn't expect Mozgov to be in the league this year to begin with. at best may be a MLE kind of signing for him.

Comment

Question: Does Biyombo get over $20 million per season or does he fall just shy? I say he gets like $18ish.
                Yeah he's overrated around here because of nice emotional impact in the playoffs. He's better than Mozgov but roughly in that neighbourhood. Most teams would only want him for 20-25 mpg. Hard to give centres with no offense much more than that, even Deandre only cracked 30+ mpg the last three seasons, and he's much, much better than Biyombo. How much do you want to pay for a 25 mpg centre who can't shoot?

Comment

• Saw this on twitter

Chandler Parsons to Lakers, Whiteside to Dallas, Mike Conley to Mavs, DeMar Derozan to Raptors
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                    If Mozgov is baffling then how is the general point still stands? how about 20 mill for Bazemore? ... I guess everyone expected crazy spending but I didn't expect stupid spending like what the Lakers and Blazers are doing.

I didn't expect Mozgov to be in the league this year to begin with. at best may be a MLE kind of signing for him.
                    Dude. Every. Contract. Is. Massive. The point stands.

There is always stupid spending in free agency. Why do you think they have 4-5 year limits on contracts? Why do you think they have a cap? Cause owners and GMs have bags of money and spend it like lunatics in free agency. Will see the same thing in the NHL tomorrow.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Only one center had a worse RPM than Roy Hibbert last year: Timofey Mozgov.
                      And the year before he was 11th.

Comment

And the year before he was 11th.
                        And he's 30, and he's had injury problems. He's not that likely to suddenly get massively better.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Yeah he's overrated around here because of nice emotional impact in the playoffs. He's better than Mozgov but roughly in that neighbourhood. Most teams would only want him for 20-25 mpg. Hard to give centres with no offense much more than that, even Deandre only cracked 30+ mpg the last three seasons, and he's much, much better than Biyombo. How much do you want to pay for a 25 mpg centre who can't shoot?
                          I wouldnt of blinked if biz was first off the board at 4/64 but mozgov!? What r u talking about?

Comment

Dude. Every. Contract. Is. Massive. The point stands.

There is always stupid spending in free agency. Why do you think they have 4-5 year limits on contracts? Why do you think they have a cap? Cause owners and GMs have bags of money and spend it like lunatics in free agency. Will see the same thing in the NHL tomorrow.
                            Yes. Every. NBA. Contract. Is. Massive. since. 1983. oh. and Sky. is. Blue. And. water. is. wet.

thanks for clarifying. you win.

Comment

• Here's a thought experiment: how much would Jakob Poeltl get if he were a free agent this year?

Having a bunch of these rookie contracts is almost a necessity now. Making the Raptors and all their young guys look like the team knows what it is doing.

Comment

• Sources tell me: After tonight,many players on rookie scale contracts and skilled enough to find their way onto the court by themselves could be considered on steal deals on todays standards.

Ps: My aunt is the source.

Comment

Working...
                                X