The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    well put it this way, you got 16 - 19 million dollars left to use on a FA (requires losing Ross and up to 2 prospects for next to nothing or picks)

Then you got 4 - 5 million dollar MLE to spend.

You get two players that would realistically sign for that

Would having those two players be better than what we have now.
    If we use cap space, we do not get the 5.6M MLE. We get the 3M Room MLE.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Actually, the Justin Hamilton signing got me wondering. Big salary spike here, but it doesn't affect Euroleague.

Is there some Garbajosa type that we could sign to come over?
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
        If Conley is worth 153 mill and Lowry is only 18 months older, what does he get next year?
        Lowry is slightly older and we would not be able to offer him a five year deal next year as there is rule about offering old dudes long deals.

You should expect something like 3/100m 4/125 for Lowry next year
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          If Conley is worth 153 mill and Lowry is only 18 months older, what does he get next year?
          A hand shake and a job well done pat on the back.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            TMZ (lmfao) just released a photo of Casey talking with Meyers Leonard.

let the speculation begin
            Speculation because at the end of the year press conference, Casey actually brought up Leonard's name as someone JV can aspire to be (I almost threw up)

Comment

• Is Meyers Leonard restricted?
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Is Meyers Leonard restricted?
                Yes. Though depending on how POR's off-season goes they may have to cut loose some salary to fit stuff and his tender might be the first to go.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lowry is slightly older and we would not be able to offer him a five year deal next year as there is rule about offering old dudes long deals.

You should expect something like 3/100m 4/125 for Lowry next year
                  We'd actually still be able to give him 5 years, as the old guy rule doesn't kick in til 36 which is the last year of his next deal if it's 5.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I misunderstood the old dude rule.

So yeah 5/160 would probably be the floor for Lowry should he stay healthy this year and put up stellar numbers

Comment

• I do not like PER 36 but Meyers Leonard has the following stats

14ppg 8.5rebounds 1.7 assists, and shoots damn close to 38% on threes, and 44% from the corner

Comment

• He is also fast enough to play the 4

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          We'd actually still be able to give him 5 years, as the old guy rule doesn't kick in til 36 which is the last year of his next deal if it's 5.
                          Yeah, he'll still be 31, so no worries. Once you hit 32, the 5th year gets restricted.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I don't like that we're looking to bring in soft can't play defense big men when we are already losing Biz. Like do we not realize that our improvement on the DEFENSIVE end is one of the main reasons why we got to the ECFs in the first place?
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Were you realistic last year when you were proclaiming the Raptors wouldn't make it to the playoffs, or out of the first round, or out of the second round or would that they would get swept? DeMar and Lowry played like shit for over a third of their games. All that has to happen for the Raps to get back into the ECF is for Demurred to be healthy and for the two all stars to not be shit. If they can make it to the ECF without dealing with a JV recovering from injury and with a healthy Carroll, they could be in the Finals.
                              Healthy JV and DC are important but rim protection that BB provides is critical if we seriously want to challenge CAVS.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                                I don't like that we're looking to bring in soft can't play defense big men when we are already losing Biz. Like do we not realize that our improvement on the DEFENSIVE end is one of the main reasons why we got to the ECFs in the first place?
                                Are you talking about a photo that TMZ posted that had no content or story behind it? Maybe they were talking about the best strip club to go to later.

Comment

Working...
                                X