The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etwuan Moore (who?) 4 years 34 million to the Pelicans
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        Actually quite a few good names are left.
        But we don't have the cap,space for any of the, right? East is getting better around us and I'm not sure if we have any moves we can make.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          But we don't have the cap,space for any of the, right? East is getting better around us and I'm not sure if we have any moves we can make.
          If a big FA decides they want to play here we could MAKE room. We can get to about 17m without gutting our bench with max raises I think you could get to about 4/80
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• It's getting to the point where Terrence Ross's contract is such I don't want to trade him.

At this rate Patrick Patterson will get 75mill a year from now. Perhaps he is the most traceable player as opposed to Ross.

I mean, the next CBA could see minimum contracts much much higher than status quo. $10 million per is pretty darn good for a bench player in the new NBA.

Let's face it--status quo we're not an NBA championship contender. Patterson and Lowry might cost $200 million next year. Time to make a move?

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              Etwuan Moore (who?) 4 years 34 million to the Pelicans
              A couple of days ago, Zach Lowe had a story on young players who may be cheap bargains in free agency.

the first 2 players he covered were Solomon Hill (4yr/$52 million to the Hornets) and E'twaun Moore.

NBA Dollarama has gotten a lot more expensive.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• what's going on with D Wade?

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  People don't see the forest for the trees.

How much is winning worth? More than we realize.

This is from January of this year on the Raptors value as it went from perennial loser to winner

https://www.thestar.com/sports/baske...s-reports.html

There were other factors involved, but owners of winning franchises can make a fuck of a lot more money than they spend.
                  I suppose Masai is in for a hefty raise.

Comment

• What is Lebron worth?

Mosgov is going to earn more than Curry next year!

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      People don't see the forest for the trees.

How much is winning worth? More than we realize.

This is from January of this year on the Raptors value as it went from perennial loser to winner

https://www.thestar.com/sports/baske...s-reports.html

There were other factors involved, but owners of winning franchises can make a fuck of a lot more money than they spend.

$20M pre-tax profit is.. meh.

Comment

• what are you getting back for 6.25m? pat plays our biggest position of need. ross is behind demarre, demar and powell. we're only paying powell $1m. we have pats bird rights and lowrys. $10m for ross allows us to upgrade or resign biz. $10m could put a team over the cap floor that strikes out on all the FAs and he's still young, has a valuable skill, under control for 3 years and his upside is very high. you can get a lot for ross right now.

Comment

• Noah signed with the Knicks and Bazemore signed with the Hawks. Bye bye Horford.

Comment

• oops. that was a reply to rudy bargain, sorry.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              Ideally clear some space and sign Luol Deng or Marvin Williams.
                              I have a feeling Marvin will go back. I would be interested in Deng, but lets see.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Wait, Meyers Leonard? What do people think about him as a cheap PF option?
                                This guy has potential -- if its like $10 mil for 3-4 years I'd go for it. Stretch 4, only 23 years old... hitting his prime he'll only be getting better.

Biz's asking price may now hit $15-$18 mil so I dont think Raps will re-sign him... if he takes a discount God bless him... $10-$12 mil/year is more than enough to eat for the rest of his life too...

Comment

Working...
                                X