No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These GMs have to use their money somewhere. When a major portion of the league had a lot of cap space and they don't know what to do with it, they start overpaying people. It really shouldn't be a surprise.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      $20M pre-tax profit is.. meh.
      You have $460 million worth of stocks and a couple of years later they're worth $980 million, but meh, only got $23 million in dividends last year.

Except this stock market never crashes and you have really smart accountants figuring out the "dividends".
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post

The dream is still alive!

Comment

• Deng would be a nice fit at PF.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              Deng would be a nice fit at PF.
              I agree completely and I actually think it's pretty realistic if Masai wants to clear cap space.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                The dream is still alive!
                Do they really value Horford over Millsap? A Millsap/Dwight frontcourt is easily the best defensively in the East. But hey, I'm not complaining if they do

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  You have $460 million worth of stocks and a couple of years later they're worth $980 million, but meh, only got $23 million in dividends last year.

Except this stock market never crashes and you have really smart accountants figuring out the "dividends".
                  Value was expected to grow massively either way. Bell, Rogers ain't looking to raise cash and they're not selling. Value is nice, I bet owners expect more than $160M in revenues from Toronto Raptors. Big city, winning team, all star players.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                    Do they really value Horford over Millsap? A Millsap/Dwight frontcourt is easily the best defensively in the East. But hey, I'm not complaining if they don't
                    They might want al's better 3pt shooting to help space the floor for Dwight.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post

Work with me republic capologists. Ross to 76ers for a pick. Milsap to us for a pick. Atlanta resigns Horford. Can something like this work?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Work with me republic capologists. Ross to 76ers for a pick. Milsap to us for a pick. Atlanta resigns Horford. Can something like this work?
                        ummm...there might need to be a second player going to philly...but I think this could work in theory.
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          What pick would be enough for them to offload milsap? I would think they would want to unload Korver first.

Comment

• It would be more like

Ross - Patterson or Cojo Wright or Powell to Philly for picks
                            Millsap to Toronto for a prospect or two and a pick
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Yeah, they're not trading Millsap. You don't build a team around stars and then trade one of the stars.

Far more likely: Thabo Sefalosha and Tiago Splitter get traded.

Comment

• could technically be, Ross, Wright, Powell, Siakam, Poetlt if we are insistent on keeping Cojo and Patterson, though not sure why Philly would want more rookies

Comment

Working...
                                X