The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Meh, not too many better options right now.

If this was two days ago I would've agreed but right now, Gasol is looking really good.
    If rather go after taj Gibson. He's injury prone but he can play defence.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      If we do get Gasol, we almost certainly have to clear cap for him.

Maybe we re-visit the Ross/Noel talks? Ross, BeBe, and Siakam for Noel (I think this goes through easily, as rumour is that Masai was the one wanting more in a Noel/Ross swap). Might even be able to ask for another piece from them (would have to be cheap-to-free though). Maybe sub Wright for Siakam and bring Covington back this way? They need a PG. Anyway, some sort of Ross for Noel swap.

Then sign Gasol, 14-15M per year, 3 years (that term will be the limit as he's limited by the over-36 rule). Give him a player option in year 3, why not.

Then Gasol starts beside JV, but plays most of his minutes beside Noel, who can defend PF's, and play C offensively where his lack of shooting won't hurt as much. And JV gets a lot of PP minutes.

My current nomination for post of the century. Dan, you need to wait 84 years to find out though so I'm sorry about that.

Comment

• I've skipped a few pages admittedly after being away all day, so I don't know if this has been discussed - with the Magic filling up their front court, they are going to move someone, right? Either Vuc or Gordon has to be on the move.

Vuc fits hilariously well with Ross' contract as a swap option, but fits quite poorly with the team. Not sure I'd give up much for him, even though I like him. Would probably be worth a shot if the cost was just Ross. If they want a package, no thanks.

But maybe they move Gordon. And that's interesting - we could offer as little as a Wright/BeBe deal for him (works for salary, saves them some cash, gives them a couple prospects). Could probably offer Ross instead but would need to take back more salary (they are at the cap now). Any interest in either option? I lean heavily to Gordon, myself. Could be a solid option for 20 MPG at PF, whether he starts or comes off the bench.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I've skipped a few pages admittedly after being away all day, so I don't know if this has been discussed - with the Magic filling up their front court, they are going to move someone, right? Either Vuc or Gordon has to be on the move.

Vuc fits hilariously well with Ross' contract as a swap option, but fits quite poorly with the team. Not sure I'd give up much for him, even though I like him. Would probably be worth a shot if the cost was just Ross. If they want a package, no thanks.

But maybe they move Gordon. And that's interesting - we could offer as little as a Wright/BeBe deal for him (works for salary, saves them some cash, gives them a couple prospects). Could probably offer Ross instead but would need to take back more salary (they are at the cap now). Any interest in either option? I lean heavily to Gordon, myself. Could be a solid option for 20 MPG at PF, whether he starts or comes off the bench.
          I'm down for Gordon, want nothing to do with Vuc.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            Supposedly Masai turned down Ross for Noel straight up.
            I can't believe this is true ... seriously?! I do that trade 10 times out of 10.

Comment

I've skipped a few pages admittedly after being away all day, so I don't know if this has been discussed - with the Magic filling up their front court, they are going to move someone, right? Either Vuc or Gordon has to be on the move.

I'm more interested in this than Pau, actually.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• If we are going after Gordon, I would say as someone else said previously; we should wait until a bit into the season when Gordon's value is at its lowest after not playing, not now.

Comment

• I guess I'm missing something but Gasol basically averaged 20-10 against us over three games. Usually on very undermanned teams. Is his defence that bad? The easy answer is yes but really?

Comment

If we do get Gasol, we almost certainly have to clear cap for him.

Maybe we re-visit the Ross/Noel talks? Ross, BeBe, and Siakam for Noel (I think this goes through easily, as rumour is that Masai was the one wanting more in a Noel/Ross swap). Might even be able to ask for another piece from them (would have to be cheap-to-free though). Maybe sub Wright for Siakam and bring Covington back this way? They need a PG. Anyway, some sort of Ross for Noel swap.

Then sign Gasol, 14-15M per year, 3 years (that term will be the limit as he's limited by the over-36 rule). Give him a player option in year 3, why not.

Then Gasol starts beside JV, but plays most of his minutes beside Noel, who can defend PF's, and play C offensively where his lack of shooting won't hurt as much. And JV gets a lot of PP minutes.
                    Sub gasol for Dirk and that's a deal

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      I guess I'm missing something but Gasol basically averaged 20-10 against us over three games. Usually on very undermanned teams. Is his defence that bad? The easy answer is yes but really?
                      I watched many bulls games. He can't play power forward any more and even at centre is a liability on defence. We got rid of these kind of guys last year.

Comment

• Am I the only one who doesn't mind Gasol, he was an all star, his d sucks but it can't be worse than Scola right ?

Plus he has a mid range game and is a fabulous rebounder.

I wonder if he would take a 1+1 deal. This will give us the option to go after a superstar next year
                        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                          Am I the only one who doesn't mind Gasol, he was an all star, his d sucks but it can't be worse than Scola right ?

Plus he has a mid range game and is a fabulous rebounder.

I wonder if he would take a 1+1 deal. This will give us the option to go after a superstar next year
                          Abbas does your source know anything about what we are doing or planning on doing?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                            I watched many bulls games. He can't play power forward any more and even at centre is a liability on defence. We got rid of these kind of guys last year.
                            May it have been because the Bulls really had no C rim protector with Noah injured so much?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              May it have been because the Bulls really had no C rim protector with Noah injured so much?
                              For the most part he was playing C.

Comment

• No Gasol please.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X