The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    You said we are not generating enough offense for Ross and that he doesn't have to be worked in? Defenders stay at home but hes only effective wide open? Seems contradictory.
    On defense, norm checks Paul George, Carroll checks lebron. Ross checks Solomon hill and shump. We brought in cojo and demarre to fix our D. Ross got demoted. Norm moved up the bench. Now Ross is on the block. Yes, he can hit open threes. That's it. Don't think Masai or Casey are worried about a defensive drop off.
    I mean, can you say our rotations this season were completely sensible?

Ross was good as a starter.

"Ross is on the block." is literally something none of us know. It's assumed he's traded if anyone is because he's tradeable, that's it.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      With Horford in Boston I wonder how easy it would be to pry Olynyk from them
      A list of PF's in Boston.. prospective depth chart

PF's

Al Horford
      Kelly Olynyk
      Amir Johnson potential RFA team option
      Jonas Jerebko RFA
      Jared Sullinger RFA

Centres

Tyler Zeller RFA
      Kelly Olynyk
      Jared Sulinger RFA
      Ante Zicic 23rd pick in the first round.

Fair bit of juggling to do ...They have 7 bigs... SEVEN ! for two positions....
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

PF's

Al Horford
        Kelly Olynyk
        Jonas Jerebko RFA
        Jared Sullinger RFA

Centres

Tyler Zeller RFA
        Kelly Olynyk
        Jared Sulinger RFA

Amir and Jerebko will either have their contracts guaranteed or be UFA's (not RFA's)
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

PF's

Al Horford
          Kelly Olynyk
          Jonas Jerebko RFA
          Jared Sullinger RFA

Centres

Tyler Zeller RFA
          Kelly Olynyk
          Jared Sulinger RFA

I wouldn't mind getting Amir Johnson back assuming he becomes a UFA, which would make sense considering all of the bigs they have.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            Except JV guards 5s, which means slower guys. If you have them doing it with 4s(or big 3s), it gets even worse.

Funny thing: When JV/Pat were on the floor together this year, opponents shot 61.8% inside 3ft. When JV/Pat were on the floor together without DeMar, it was 56.9% inside 3ft.

When Bismack/Scola were on the floor together it was 62.2% inside 3ft. Bismack/Scola without DeMar was 56.7% inside 3ft.

JV/Scola can't draw similar numbers.(they only spent 36 together minutes total without DeMar on the floor all year)

Bismack/Pat were 55.2% inside 3ft, without DeMar it was 50.9%.

DeMar DeRozan being off the floor made every set of big men for our team better defensively INSIDE 3 FEET.
            That is awesome. Ha.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              I wouldn't mind getting Amir Johnson back assuming he becomes a UFA, which would make sense considering all of the bigs they have.
              I'd take the both. Jerebko can play stretch 4
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

PF's

Al Horford
                Kelly Olynyk
                Jonas Jerebko RFA
                Jared Sullinger RFA

Centres

Tyler Zeller RFA
                Kelly Olynyk
                Jared Sulinger RFA

If the Celtics reel in Durant, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see Boston not matching the offer sheet for one or more of their restricted free agent bigs, as they probably would rather not pay them all 10 million apiece. If we trade away Bebe's contract promptly once trades are allowed again, we might be able to nab one of Jerebko or Sullinger in that case.

EDIT: the quoted part has since been corrected by other posters; Jerebko is not an option in this way, but Sullinger is. But if there are only one or two RFAs for the Celtics to deal with instead of three or four, we might be just as well off pursuing one of their unrestricted FAs once renounced.
                Last edited by TheWaterboy; Sun Jul 3, 2016, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  I'd take the both. Jerebko can play stretch 4
                  If its possible to get both, then take it, but I'm just saying Amir because he played here before and the fans love him, so it may be possible he returns for cheap.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    Sac is another trade candidate. They have a million bigs and Collison as the only PG.
                    Right you are.. the Kings of Comedy currently have 18 guys who they have to choose from for 15 roster spots...

As for bigs..they too have somehow painted themselves into a corner (who would have thought that eh ?) with seven as well.. 5 have roster contracts and they have two draft picks who really can't be "cut" Skal and the Greek Guy Georgios Papagiannis..

They have just

Demarcus Cousins - roster
                    Willie Cauley Stien - roster
                    Kosta Koufos - roster
                    Georgios Papagiannis - just traded for 13 pick
                    Omri Casspi - roster
                    Skal Labissiere - just traded for 28th pick
                    Duje Dukan - roster
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Jul 3, 2016, 05:40 PM.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Just read that we're amongst the Spurs, Blazers and Timberwolves in the bidding for Pau Gasol. Correct me if I'm wrong but he'd be taking much less from us if he came here right? Anyway, it's still fun to read about it. I know Gasol is past prime but it's kind of like when you heard Olajuwon coming to the Raptors way back when. The kid in me gets all giddy.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Amir and Jerebko will either have their contracts guaranteed or be UFA's (not RFA's)
                        Correct.. brazillian fat fingers on UFA vs RFA.. both wil be UFA's or on the roster at the end of the moratorium july 7th ... Team choice...
                        - TGO

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          I'd be fine getting Amir back too. Didn't love him as much as some people but great guy serviceable player to platoon at 4 and small ball 5.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            A "bully offer" of a draft pick.. which is something of value to danny.... would likely net you someone off that list .. because if they go to the open market we just don't have the money to compete right now....Jerebco and Sullinger would have to come with full Bird Rights...we could absorb Olynky... can't do much with Amir unless he takes a haircut and signs for our space or the MLE which are about the same.

Ainge won't want to help a rival.. but its just business and something is better than nothing....
                            The Clips 1st for Olynyk would be .. well. .great but unlikely.. ya never know till you ask... but for Sullinger or Jerebko.. maybe Ainge does it...

Same n Sacto... they have 7 guys as well... Caspi fits and he is on a 2.5M deal with a year to run...
                            Dealing with Vlade might be easier than with with Danny... Danny just had to much money and assets this year.. but only at the 11th hour did he actually get something done .... Horford is good... very very good... but don't see him as an alpha player that leads.... he wasn't that guy in Atlanta and he won't be that guy in Boston... Boston still a kick ass leader type player away..
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Jul 3, 2016, 06:00 PM.
                            - TGO

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                              Just read that we're amongst the Spurs, Blazers and Timberwolves in the bidding for Pau Gasol. Correct me if I'm wrong but he'd be taking much less from us if he came here right? Anyway, it's still fun to read about it. I know Gasol is past prime but it's kind of like when you heard Olajuwon coming to the Raptors way back when. The kid in me gets all giddy.

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• what about getting teletovic?

Comment

Working...
                                X