The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lmfao allen crabbe? Tyler Johnson?

Best hope is Masai can find someone overseas for whom the MLE is still a substantial raise.

It's really stupid that MLE is not tied to the salary cap, is it not? I expect that to get changed.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

good luck getting anything done.
      That's ross' top $. Crabbe's a little better and nets overpaid but I guess it's safe to say ross' contract is 5-6m below market? I thought he be 2-5m below market. Cap floor push.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Panicking is not a good plan either.
        Who's suggesting panicking is a good route? We need to set them straight.

Comment

• Agreed Dan. Last year was awesome, but other teams are getting better as well. I think it's unrealistic to expect we'll improve (record wise) from last year, but we'll be right in it for sure. Naturally, it's easy for us to panic a little bit when we see our rivals signing big names, but we have to understand it's a process. We barely had much of Carroll last year, and we won 56 games. Would Carroll for a full season make up for the all the improvements of other teams.. hard to say really, I would err on the side of no but you never know, plus the impact of some of the young guys who may take a step forward this year.

I still continue to be optimistic despite being disappointed by the draft, and disappointed (really more just amazed) by DeRozan's contract.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            That's ross' top $. Crabbe's a little better and nets overpaid but I guess it's safe to say ross' contract is 5-6m below market? I thought he be 2-5m below market. Cap floor push.
            uh, not even close.

Comment

Ross' trade value should be higher in the new NBA. He's too unreliable to depend on in the playoffs so he still needs to go but not until there's a satisfactory return.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                uh, not even close.
                ?

Comment

• We could have a very good starting power forward for $6 mill next year....Patrick Patterson.

James Johnson might make more than Kyle Lowry next year at this rate. He'd be a nice under the radar pick up for some team. I'd like him back in Toronto really if nothing else presents itself and he accepts our remaining cap room.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                    I'm cool with Masai taking chances on a few players much like he did with BB and Anthony Bennett last year. Stay away from these crazy contracts and look for under performing players with upside. His only mistake was not signing BB to a longer deal for a bit more money. Getting a player's Bird Rights seems to help quite a bit.
                    At this point I'd almost rather Masai just sign all the rookies, bring back JJ for 2 years, second not guaranteed so he is a trade asset and allows us to be semi flexible going forward, then if Deandre Daniels looks good in summer league sign him, if not put him in the Dleague and roll with current roster. Reasoning for keeping JJ is that he has helped out all the young guys thusfar and knows what the team expects. Counting on young guys stepping up and continuity should be fine for next year. After that it'll be hard to keep everyone around.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                      We could have a very good starting power forward for $6 mill next year....Patrick Patterson.

James Johnson might make more than Kyle Lowry next year at this rate. He'd be a nice under the radar pick up for some team. I'd like him back in Toronto really if nothing else presents itself and he accepts our remaining cap room.
                      We have his Early Bird rights, so we can offer him a 4/27.5M deal. And still have the MLE to spend.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Ross' trade value should be higher in the new NBA. He's too unreliable to depend on in the playoffs so he still needs to go but not until there's a satisfactory return.
                        Agreed on both accounts. Crawford and Crabbe are gone. See what happens with waiters. Colangelo will get more desperate. Some combo of Ross and delon for noel, covington, Saric, la pick are appealing.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          lmfao allen crabbe? Tyler Johnson?

Best hope is Masai can find someone overseas for whom the MLE is still a substantial raise.

It's really stupid that MLE is not tied to the salary cap, is it not? I expect that to get changed.
                          Iactually like what Brook-Linsanity has done. With limited future picks they have gotten several guards for multiple years with room to improve. Looked like they had nowhere to go, but got a few nice pickups. They wont be good in all likelihood but they have some nice young talent now.

Comment

• I think the continuity will be good for this team, plus there is a ton of internal growth. I honestly think Poeltl can play the 4. He has the mobility, we just have to build on his role. Use the remaining money on a vet that can bring some grit to this team.

Comment

Early bird. I like that he mentors the Brazilians and is a physical tweener.
                              Thanks. I guess the most we can offer JJ is about the same as our MLE or the equivalent of toilet paper in this market.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                Iactually like what Brook-Linsanity has done. With limited future picks they have gotten several guards for multiple years with room to improve. Looked like they had nowhere to go, but got a few nice pickups. They wont be good in all likelihood but they have some nice young talent now.
                                Yeah, not surprised they beat sac but a little at Philly. I always liked Sean marks, sure he will do fine. Potentially good for us that Phillys only got Bayless.

Comment

Working...
                                X