The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    Pau is better than Scola in literally every facet of the game by quite a bit.
    Scola at 3m vs Pau at 20m is worse but quite a lot. Let Portland have him

Comment

Pau is better than Scola in literally every facet of the game by quite a bit.
      On offense, sure. But on defense, the only thing Pau can do is clog the lane. Scola can at least attempt to guard his guy out to the perimeter.

If the Raps really wanted Gasol I have to question their scouting staff. Seriously.

READ: http://www.blogabull.com/2015/12/30/...-good-defender

There's a boatload of articles all over the Net from people who have watched him in Chicago. No way Val and Pau could share the court at the same time defensively.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        Scola at 3m vs Pau at 20m is worse but quite a lot. Let Portland have him
        Wait...What? 20 Mill? That's insane.

Comment

• Would it be absolutely insane if Patterson starts and Scola is the back up? A casual observer (or someone from another planet) would say "surely they tried that last year". But, really, not until Scola was gassed from a season of starting and never really played again. This might happen.

Comment

• Wait has Scola not retired yet?
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              On offense, sure. But on defense, the only thing Pau can do is clog the lane. Scola can at least attempt to guard his guy out to the perimeter.

If the Raps really wanted Gasol I have to question their scouting staff. Seriously.

There's a boatload of articles all over the Net from people who have watched him in Chicago. No way Val and Pau could share the court at the same time defensively.
              This Kevin Pelton comment somewhat mirrors the thoughts in the blog you linked

Gasol is more problematic defensively since he almost never forces turnovers, and his teams tend to rebound worse with him on the court. As a result, consider me skeptical of his lofty defensive RPM.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

I'd give it a shot, regardless of the poor defence. Pau and JV on the floor together means that at essentially all times, one of them will have a serious mismatch in the post.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I say go with upside... I hope Terrence Jones, Jared Sullinger, Leur get serious looks. I would be cool with taking a chance on McAdoo as well.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Wow that is some serious disrespect. Gasol is a huge upgrade on Scola 7 days out the week
                    on D? I don't think so. And this is coming from one of scola's biggest detractors.

Gasol is nowhere close to what he used to be. He isn't capable of playing the 4 defensively anymore. at all.
                    Last edited by KHD; Sun Jul 3, 2016, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Scola can defend 4s? Where the hell were you guys all season. Guy was slower than molasses and on top of that couldn't protect the rim. Gasol can at least do the latter.

Comment

Scola can defend 4s? Where the hell were you guys all season. Guy was slower than molasses and on top of that couldn't protect the rim. Gasol can at least do the latter.
                        scola and gasol are both terrible defenders. it's like comparing two turds. Given that we'd have to dump a decent wing defender to sign gasol, it's an obvious pass for me.

Comment

• don't like Gasol on the raps and its looking like the FA cupboard is bare...with Millsap reportedly off the block, its probably been discussed already but my money is on Nerleans Noel in a raps uniform next year...we need a PF, Philly has too many, we need cap space, Philly needs talent, BC & Masai connection is too obvious and Ross is a BC draft pick...he's not a stretch 4 but he's developing into an elite defender which is right up Casey's playbook. We could likely get Staukas in the deal as well which a hometown return could come with his 3pt shot returning..overall not a good offseason and the east is getting scary good around us.

Comment

• I don't want them signing guys on the way out of the league. Take a risk on players we can redefine or shape and can be a part of the growth of the team. This isn't a win now roster.

Comment

• What got us here? Defense. We got rid of Williams and Vasquez. Got Joseph and Biyombo and drafted Powell and Wright. I don't see the fit with Gasol. Gasol is not flexible and understanding like Scola either. I would imagine he would mope around if he was benched in playoffs like Scola.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I've backed away from the ledge now. I'm content for a wait and see approach. Games aren't going to matter again until next April.

I'm looking forward to summer league where we'll get to see some of our good young players. And 1 or 2 of them might be able to showcase themselves for an increased role.

Really, we have until playoffs to fix the 4. In the meantime if we can see what we have and wait for an opportunity to present itself, that might be the best plan.

Time for patience I suppose

Comment

Working...
                                X