No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Masai could pitch something like 2 years 30 mil with a player option on that second year. Good deal for both sides.. that is if he's really in "win-now" mode.

Comment

• ... which is what I expected to happen.

Comment

• I'm very surprised that we haven't heard anything about T Jones. He's one of the young PF's out there with legitimate potential, really hope MU gives this guy a shot. He could blow up like Biyombo did here and we'd have our PF of the future

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          I'm very surprised that we haven't heard anything about T Jones. He's one of the young PF's out there with legitimate potential, really hope MU gives this guy a shot. He could blow up like Biyombo did here and we'd have our PF of the future
          If he's on a minimum or some such deal, I don't mind it. But I don't like him.

I'm not surprised we haven't heard anything yet, most players of that caliber don't get signed in the first few days.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
            Wow Anthony Randolph, blast from the past! I remember this guy and how much I liked him but he never got it together. Is he interesting in coming back to the NBA?

I'm also still hoping for a feel-good story of Larry Sanders returning to the NBA.
            I remember when he came out and many were buzzing about him. Hollinger however crucified him based on metrics and said it was very unlikely he ever accomplishes anything in the league. So far he's right.

Comment

• I know he's a RFA but Jared Sullinger hasn't resigned with Boston, has he? Maybe we could snag him for cheap and get Alex Mckechnie to work his magic, lol.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                I know he's a RFA but Jared Sullinger hasn't resigned with Boston, has he? Maybe we could snag him for cheap and get Alex Mckechnie to work his magic, lol.
                We could yup. Nene may be an option as well. Ezeli hasn't signed either.

Comment

• I do have to go on a bit of a rant after hearing the podcast. I hope I don't get to much heat by complaining. I disagree with Zarar saying that Poetl will have 0 impact next year. He isn't some forgotten prospect that fell. He was projected to be a good decent player. He will help us out quite a lot. We could also get someone like a david west...who would be pretty decent defensively still and could give us some decent offensive punch.

I don't get why there is this whole notion that we need to act all sad and depressed cause we didn't get bizmack back. We have two prospects one who has played some nba minutes and one who is a solid +30 PER player in college. I really feel like we will be fine. This is probably better for us cause we will get a chance to finally give our prospects meaningful minutes. Last year BEBE really had to fight for it, which is good but it means that you only see him here and there and not the best chance to improve (D-League helps). If BEBE doesn't show anything this year then you drop him and don't resign him. I would even be ok with this because my main issue with him is he is very injury prone. This has affected his ability to improve and train and get better every year.

We still may get milsap but if not we will be fine.

Comment

• I wonder if our best bet to get a starting PF via free agency is the International market. Perhaps the next Jorge Garbajosa is out there. NBA free agent crop isn't very appealing or affordable right now.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I stand by this guy being a possible bargain if we land him. Check the stat line and the skill set, Milsap-lite...okay maybe extra-lite. But still rather him over a guy like T Jones any day.

Comment

• how??? for the money he wants its not even worth it

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Dan, how much Pau did you watch last year? Because Pau was execrable on D. (This article covers some of it http://www.blogabull.com/2015/12/30/...-good-defender). And if his salary range is $18-22 million, why on earth would we give that to someone you suggest would be our backup 5?

I don't really like the term "Colangelo move" because it implies that everything he did was terrible, but as it is used on fan forums... this would be a classic Colangelo move. Overpay an over-the-hill vet and lock us into a mess for the next couple years.

I don't like that we seem to be left behind in all the free agency talks, but no deal is better than bringing on Pau.

PS. If we're going to dump Ross to sign Pau... why wouldn't we have done that for Bismack? At least Bismack offers interior D.
                          Admittedly, I did not watch that much Pau this year. But I addressed the defensive concerns over two separate posts earlier in the thread and I stand by my reasoning there.

Pau rated better statistically than Biz (slightly) defensively last season.

And the reason you dump Ross to get Pau is he can give you 28-30 minutes a night between backup C and starting PF. Biz can't do that, he'd be limited to 18 MPG behind JV. That's 60% more contribution time from Pau than from Biz, barring injuries. It's also a shorter term deal.

A classic Colangelo move? Colangelo's damage was mostly done by a) trading draft picks for over the hill players (like JO) or b) targeting terrible fits who had already shown significant statistical decline (Gay, Hedo). This is a target who still grades out tremendously statistically (highest DBPM of his career last year, per 36 points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks all were above his career average last season, his WS/48 the past two seasons were far higher than the two seasons prior to that), and fills two needs (backup C, filling in non-PP PF minutes).

Doesn't matter because Pau is going to go to SAS, but I am absolutely of the opinion that there is a lot of recency and outlier bias in observations of defence (as the rare play where a mistake is made or poor effort is given stands out like a sore thumb even if the overall contribution is positive), and as difficult as it can be to parse defensive numbers, they bring a better overall evaluation than the eye test alone. Especially when every single one paints him as a positive contributor at the very least, and some of them paint him as elite.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post

how??? for the money he wants its not even worth it
                            Yay!
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Jared Sullinger will not be cheap. He'll get $10 million AAV.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                David West is still available.
                                I think West is still looking for his after supposedly taking a massive discount to sign with the Spurs. I don't think he can be had for the MLE.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X