No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should be quite the fire sale down in SanFran...
    Not sure what the rest of the team looks like past a pretty incredible starting 5...
    Green... Durant.... Thompson.... Curry.... Igudola....

off the bench is Livingston... Loney the roookie..the 30th pick in the draft Jones... and then ?
    they have to unload bogut for space.. barnes is going to dallas... then the most of the cap holds have to go...Speights is UFA... Mcadoo ? ... zEzilii.. Barbossa...Varajoa...

There isn't any money for those guys unless coming back they swallow hard and each take a portion of the MLE....

Like less than a million each.. in a year where if you can fog a mirror your getting 30M over 3 years...

Thats a lot of charity..

Love to see how this all unfolds...
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jul 4, 2016, 01:53 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      Thing is, as funny as it is, that's part of the story.

How many guys did OKC trade as they got good, to keep from paying the tax? You think that wasn't in Durant's head this week?
      That was probably pounded into his head at every meeting he had.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        And who will probably command $20m a year
        From who?

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          From who?
          Same people that gave Biz & Mozgov $18M

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post

Next year.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Its crazy to think the haul OKC could've gotten if Durant were traded ... I mean, can you even trade Durant?? What could they have gotten? Anything they wanted??.. and yet they get NOTHING for Durant ... Nothing at all ... Not even a package of Eric Williams, Aaron Williams, Charlie V and Zo's corpse!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Next year.

I waited too long for this "picture" to load ... Haha Well played.

Comment

• Let's see how full OKC 's stadium will be with No Durant and Westbrook if he leaves.

I really think a big factor for KD leaving was the cheap ownership.
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    So who does GSW play at center when teams go big? How do they defend guys like Gasol (both of them), Boogie, or even Kanter/Adams? Green is pretty awesome but even he has physical limitations.

I think GSW's mix of big and small players they had the last two years made them a well more balanced team.
                    Go big and knock Steph around still has to be the two-pronged game plan. OKC looked good with two mobile bigs in Kanter and Adams, I hear a team north of the border has a whole posse of young 7 footers, a SF defender for Durant, and a bulldog of a pg who can play physical against Steph.

#WeTheKryptonite
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Its crazy to think the haul OKC could've gotten if Durant were traded ... I mean, can you even trade Durant?? What could they have gotten? Anything they wanted??.. and yet they get NOTHING for Durant ... Nothing at all ... Not even a package of Eric Williams, Aaron Williams, Charlie V and Zo's corpse!
                      Ouch.
                      #ThatStillHurts
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                        And who will probably command $20m a year
                        Seriously doubt he gets 20.

He will get more than 6 though.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                          Same people that gave Biz & Mozgov $18M
                          No, because Orlando and LA already *used* their cap space.

I mean, look who has a lot of cap space left right now:

- Philly. Has so many bigs they're trying to trade them away.
                          - Brooklyn. Has Brook Lopez and Justin Hamilton.
                          - Denver. Has Nurkic and Jokic.
                          - Phoenix. Has Tyson Chandler and Alex Len.
                          - Utah. Has Rudy Gobert.
                          - Minnesota. Has KAT, Dieng and Pek.

The teams that still have money to give Festus Ezeli a big day most likely aren't going to to give him one, because they mostly have better options at center whom they pay less money for. Maybe Phoenix takes a flier on Festus in the hopes that Tyson Chandler can teach him some things, maybe Utah pays him backup money. But he's not getting $20m a year. That ship sailed.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post

Well at least Westbrook will probably lead the league in scoring next season so he has that going for him which is nice....

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I died when I saw Westbrook head on uncle Phil's body.

Comment

Working...
                                X