No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty clearly just an opinion from Kamla there.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      SAS is really fired about this thing eh? I completely agree with what he's saying though.

The problem with SAS besides his big mouth is his inconsistency in his view points. Depending on the player and city he could be on the other end of the spectrum with the exact same issue.

Comment

• Raptors Off Season..

ebrian wrote: View Post
        With all the signing and despite the fact that Toronto has done nothing so far, I still have them #2 in the East. Here are my preliminary rankings:

1. Cleveland - LOST Dellavedova, Mozgov
        2. Toronto - LOST Biyombo
        3. Boston - ADD Al Horford, LOST Evan Turner
        4. New York - ADD Courtney Lee, Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, Brandon Jennings, LOST Arron Afflalo
        5. Indiana - ADD Jeff Teague, Al Jefferson, LOST George Hill, Solomon Hill, Ian Mahinmi
        6. Washington - ADD Mahinmi, Trey Burke, Andrew Nicholson, LOST Jared Dudley, Gareth Temple
        7. Detroit - ADD Jon Leuer, Ish Smith
        8. Orlando - ADD Serge Ibaka, Bismack Biyombo, DJ Augustin, Jeff Green, LOST Victor Oladipo, Andrew Nicholson
        9. Miami - LOST Deng, Joe Johnson, Tyler Johnson
        10. Atlanta - ADD Dwight Howard, LOST Jeff Teague, Al Horford
        11. Chicago - ADD Rondo, LOST Derrick Rose, Pau Gasol, E'Twaun Moore, Joakim Noah
        12. Charlotte - ADD Roy Hibbert, LOST Jeremy Lin, Al Jefferson
        13. Brooklyn - ADD Tyler Johnson, Jeremy Lin, Trevor Booker
        14. Milwaukee - ADD Matthew Dellavedova, Mirza Teletovic
        15. Philadelphia - ADD Gerald Henderson, Sergio Rodriguez, Jerryd Bayless, Dario Saric, LOST Ish Smith

U might b the only one..
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• With all the signing and despite the fact that Toronto has done nothing so far, I still have them #2 in the East. Here are my preliminary rankings:

4. New York - ADD Courtney Lee, Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, Brandon Jennings, LOST Arron Afflalo
          5. Indiana - ADD Jeff Teague, Al Jefferson, LOST George Hill, Solomon Hill, Ian Mahinmi
          6. Washington - ADD Mahinmi, Trey Burke, Andrew Nicholson, LOST Jared Dudley, Gareth Temple
          8. Orlando - ADD Serge Ibaka, Bismack Biyombo, DJ Augustin, Jeff Green, LOST Victor Oladipo, Andrew Nicholson
          11. Chicago - ADD Rondo, LOST Derrick Rose, Pau Gasol, E'Twaun Moore, Joakim Noah
          15. Philadelphia - ADD Gerald Henderson, Sergio Rodriguez, Jerryd Bayless, Dario Saric, LOST Ish Smith
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Cavs have early Bird Rights on LeBron, they can offer him a huge deal, just not for 5 years (which he appears to have no interest in anyway). The concern is whether they have cap room for Wade.
            Can't you only use early bird rights to sign a player if you're signing them to at least 2 guaranteed years? Maybe I'm wrong but I think you can't sign a guy to a 1+1 using early bird rights?

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
              I don't think this qualifies as reporting. That "is so going" sort of strips any official-ness from it. Just a comment/opinion I would guess. But smoke/fire etc.

I hate the Heat but this sucks for us.

It serves the Heat for low balling him though.

Comment

• SO ... David West is a Warrior now.

1 year deal at 1.29 million.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• GS needs to sign Barkley, Reggie Miller, Stockton and Malone, Ewing, TMac as their red shirts this season. Can they all fit?

"value" sheesh
                  Last edited by Mess; Tue Jul 5, 2016, 04:33 PM.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                    With all the signing and despite the fact that Toronto has done nothing so far, I still have them #2 in the East. Here are my preliminary rankings:

I think a lot of things have to go right for NY to end up fourth in the conference

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                      SO ... David West is a Warrior now.
                      Yup, he wants dat shiny ring

Comment

• Goddamn ring chasers

Comment

• Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                            Can't you only use early bird rights to sign a player if you're signing them to at least 2 guaranteed years? Maybe I'm wrong but I think you can't sign a guy to a 1+1 using early bird rights?
                            Wording in the FAQ is just that it has to be two years, not "excluding option years." Will need to check the wording in the CBA to be sure.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I remember buying tickets to the Vancouver game early June last year. Huh. Hope I'm not missing out!

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                The problem with SAS besides his big mouth is his inconsistency in his view points. Depending on the player and city he could be on the other end of the spectrum with the exact same issue.
                                I 100% agree with him on this issue though. Durant basically left his balls in OKC with this move.

He admitted to the world that he's not a #1 guy, he basically became #2 to Russ in OKC but now he just announced it to the world that that's what he is. It's kind of sad for himself, but it's also awful for NBA as a whole since 1/2 of the HOF talent from 3rd best team in the world just joined the 2nd best team in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X