X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow Denver!!!

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      It does feel like the teams that were ahead of us have now distanced themselves from us further. This years free agency seems like something MU wasn't prepared for as the going prices were not something we were able to compete with.
      We spent all our money on DD --this is the fear many of us had. I was hoping for more of a hometown discount.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        We spent all our money on DD --this is the fear many of us had. I was hoping for more of a hometown discount.
        Unless he was going to pay them about $10 million to play in Toronto it would not have mattered.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Cleveland won the title! Toronto and OKC made the conference Finals!

3 of the last 4 teams standing were 'small market teams'.
          Haha...not too long ago GSW was also considered a "small market" team. I may stand corrected but they were an Oakland based team just like their MLB bros the Athletics (considered a small mkt team today and on the wrong side of the tracks/bridge). Silicon Valley changed everything....and Stephan Curry.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            It does feel like the teams that were ahead of us have now distanced themselves from us further. This years free agency seems like something MU wasn't prepared for as the going prices were not something we were able to compete with.
            It may seem like that to you, but' that's only because you're overly impatient and negative. Because, let's be honest, you don't have a clue what the organization was prepared for. None of us do

You're just transferring your lack of foresight onto the organization .
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              Haha...not too long ago GSW was also considered a "small market" team. I may stand corrected but they were an Oakland based team just like their MLB bros the Athletics (considered a small mkt team today and on the wrong side of the tracks/bridge). Silicon Valley changed everything....and Stephan Curry.
              Steph Curry changed everything.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                Not really.. he had a $15.5M cap hold.. we spent our money on Carroll (and both JV/Ross' extensions) last summer.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Denver has topped Heat's offer by $10M
                  I hope they get him.. Denver looking to get into the playoffs like most other non-playoff teams. Only team I see really 'tanking' is Brooklyn and Boston has their pick.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                    We've created a monster. The NFL draft is like 100 Rds so I can't see it working seamlessly. I've only skimmed this novel in progress so maybe that's been pointed out? Maybe they have to give a pick or offer a small contract like bebe?
                    Check out post 4216.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Denver has topped Heat's offer by $10M
                      Wow. I hope they get him.

Comment

• Haven't really followed the argument closely.. but I really think they need to get rid of the max contract. That solves most problems in this league. If superstars want to team up they shouldn't get to eat the cake too.

If KD was offered $50M from Boston, maybe he takes that instead of his $25M from GSW. Maybe Boston can't get Horford either then.

Keep a cap, lose the max salary. Solves some of the major pain points I think. As for losing a free agent and getting compensation.. don't believe in that. The loss could be a gain depending on what that free agent gets as his next contract.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          This is like saying why is car broken if it doesn't have power steering, airbags, highly adjustable seating for all sizes of drivers, power locks, rear window defroster, yada, yada, yada? Well, yeah, maybe it's not technically broken but that car is a piece of shit compared to the one parked in the next stall over. Meanwhile everyone in the back seat is telling me to shut up and stop looking in that other cars direction. At least we're in something on wheels after all.
                          I actually do not understand this analogy at all.

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
                            Watching Trey Lyles play right now in summer league makes me want him in a raps uniform. How good of a fit that would be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I really like Lyles as well. Thinking that since they added Diaw they may be more willing to get rid of a big.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I hope they get him.. Denver looking to get into the playoffs like most other non-playoff teams. Only team I see really 'tanking' is Brooklyn and Boston has their pick.
                              Wonder if Wade signs with Denver if Whiteside pulls a DeAndre Jordan and withdraws his agreement and ooks elsewhere (although the number of teams looking for a big has dramatically shrunk)

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                Yes they are in Oakland but think they're building a stadium in sf. Baseball has two teams. Golden state reps norcal, specifically the bay area. Population is 7m. Very wealthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X