No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe that in a few days a shocking story will be released, a harrowing ordeal of survival that chronicles the previous 2 weeks of Masai Ujiri's life.

It turns out that he had gone to a friends' cottage on a remote island in the south Pacific. This place had zero cellphone coverage and although he had planned to stay only for a few days, he ended up getting stranded there for more than a week. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. They had a satellite phone that ran out of batteries. They had a boat but it ran out of fuel and the sails were torn during a storm. As he became desperate to return to work so that he could start the free agency process, he ended up trying to swim across to the mainland (and back to civilization). He came across a boat and asked to use their sat phone in order to call the office to set up the meeting with DeRozan. But when he finished with that, the owners of the boat heard what he was saying and knocked him out. Turns out they were pirates. They tied him up and brought him back to their base and held him in captivity for days. They called MLSE and demanded $100M ransom. However by then everyone knew that Durant was going to the Warriors and MLSE balked at the ransom, figuring that the team had nothing left to play for. So they decided there was no rush to get Ujiri back. Finally after another week of captivity Masai managed to find an opening and escaped, got back to the mainland and got the hell out of there.

I'm telling you guys, there is a perfectly logical reason why the Raptors haven't done anything yet, and it's coming soon.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

• MU just paid DD and took the rest of the summer off

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
        MU just paid DD and took the rest of the summer off
        Should have told us tho.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Nene out Does that make Houston more crowded?

Wow Nene?! really?! see this is why I am glad Masai is not like some GM's out there with the logic: lets sign someone with a name for the sake of it, don't matter if he don't fit or looks like a corpse out there.

Houston we have a problem, you are following the Knicks model of signing anyone with a big name. I think Houston will miss the playoffs again.

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
            I really hope Raptors get Dedmon
            Rather get noel and another Philly piece. I heard the Rodriguez deal wasn't true, anyone know? That would help our leverage.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
              MU just paid DD and took the rest of the summer off
              And then he'll return in August and sign an under the radar player who'll do what Biz did last season.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Wow Nene?! really?! see this is why I am glad Masai is not like some GM's out there with the logic: lets sign someone with a name for the sake of it, don't matter if he don't fit or looks like a corpse out there.

Houston we have a problem, you are following the Knicks model of signing anyone with a big name. I think Houston will miss the playoffs again.
                Nene is worth 1 yr. >3 million. Still one of the best passing big men in the league.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I really think they are comfortable with PP starting and Poeltl playing backup minutes. I think MU picks up a cheap 3 as a backup and that's it.

Starting 5:
                  Lowry - DD - DC - PPat - JV

Bench:

CJ - Ross - Powell/FA - Poeltl

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                    I really think they are comfortable with PP starting and Poeltl playing backup minutes. I think MU picks up a cheap 3 as a backup and that's it.

Starting 5:
                    Lowry - DD - DC - PPat - JV

Bench:

CJ - Ross - Powell/FA - Poeltl
                    I think the same except they grab a backup C (and Poeltl fills in the 4 minutes) and maybe bring back JJ as a depth 3/4.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      I think the same except they grab a backup C (and Poeltl fills in the 4 minutes) and maybe bring back JJ as a depth 3/4.
                      I still think there is some bad blood between Casey and JJ, which is why I don't see him coming back.

But yes, this would explain the reports on the interest in Dedmon.

Comment

• It might sound crazy to some but it might be time to take a chance on a questionable character and rely on the strong locker room to keep it in check if need be. I'm talking Michael Beasley. I mean he came back last year and looked like a changed man.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          It might sound crazy to some but it might be time to take a chance on a questionable character and rely on the strong locker room to keep it in check if need be. I'm talking Michael Beasley. I mean he came back last year and looked like a changed man.
                          I only roll the dice now on a PF if we can get him for cheap.

I was hoping someone would have the quick cap space math on how much space we have next year with Demar's new contract?

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                            I only roll the dice now on a PF if we can get him for cheap.

I was hoping someone would have the quick cap space math on how much space we have next year with Demar's new contract?
                            I think between Beasley and Carroll sliding over at times they have enough with Pat starting.

Beasley played some power forward at times in his career and he's 6'10", 235lbs. He knows how to rebound.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I think between Beasley and Carroll sliding over at times they have enough with Pat starting.
                              I mean even if you have to give him around 4-6 million a year, that puts us down a hole next year. Unless we only sign him for a 1 year contract.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                Rather get noel and another Philly piece. I heard the Rodriguez deal wasn't true, anyone know? That would help our leverage.
                                I think the Rodriguez deal is legit; it's the Fernandez deal that's apparently completely speculated and not real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X