Man the East is scary now...

Cleveland
    Hawks
    Boston
    Chicago
    Pacers
    Celtics

all got better
    I'd also add orlando and new York as challenging members of the lower seeds, Milwaukee will be much better just by virtue of being a year older. Even Philly isn't an automatic loss.

Finally, the east may actually be better (or at least deeper) then the west
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      and now miami is going to wind up matching tyler johnson for $50 mill
      One can only hope. Muahahaha.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        I'm buying the Celtics hype. The Hawks? not so much. I think they got worse.
        Yeah, since their peak they've lost Teague, Horford, and Carroll. I think they've downgraded in moving to Bazemore (emerging), Dwight (locker room torpedo), and Schroder.

Dwight can be good for a year, but eventually you're going to have problems. He's established quite the pattern.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Remember a lot of people thought the East would be much improved last year, too. Many pre-season predictions had the Raptors falling to a lower playoff seed.

I still see a lot of East teams gambling on old vets, past their prime players, and significant injury risks. At least a couple of these teams are going to bomb.
          Last edited by S.R.; Thu Jul 7, 2016, 09:58 AM.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• sign this guy lmao
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
              Man the East is scary now...

Cleveland
              Hawks
              Boston
              Chicago
              Pacers
              Celtics

all got better
              Thats good competitive basketball guy.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                No chance in hell durant goes to miami. Next year he reups in golden state and it's bye bye iguodala. This dude is ring chasing and he'll just want more if he gets one
                I would have said that same thing about Wade leaving Miami.... nuthins for sure.
                Reilly is one smart operator.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Remember a lot of people thought the East would be much improved last year, two. Many pre-season predictions had the Raptors falling to a lower playoff seed.

I still see a lot of East teams gambling on old vets, past their prime players, and significant injury risks. At least a couple of these teams are going to bomb.
                  Don't forget the factors like chemistry for newly built teams and coaching changes.

Indiana is everyone's favourite team to talk about this summer...

They fired Vogel for playing too big/slow, and replaced him with McMillan, who isn't exactly known for his innovative/fast offence, while also being a more old school, "my way or the highway" kind of coach. They still lack size, and got worse with their backcourt D by swapping Hill for Teague. They also didn't add more shooting by getting Teague and Young, so they'll be playing small a lot with spacing not being any better and possibly worse than last year. I just can't shake this feeling that this could all blow up quite badly in Larry Bird's face.

Maybe they aren't the ones to bomb, but yeah, I fully agree with that line of thinking.

Comment

• Rondo-Wade-Butler-Gibson-Lopez.. no 3-point shooting

Comment

• Valentine. Maybe they bite on Ray Allen.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Rondo-Wade-Butler-Gibson-Lopez.. no 3-point shooting
                        The good news for them is if rondo is close to his old self on defense, they can win a lot of games 86-84 lol
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          The good news for them is if rondo is close to his old self on defense, they can win a lot of games 86-84 lol
                          Under Thibs possibly but their new guy is a run run type, yes?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Valentine. Maybe they bite on Ray Allen.
                            Valentine, McBuckets, Snell and Mirotic
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Don't know if this was mentioned but most of the players were shuffled within the conference. Ibaka and Howard came over. Gasol left. There are a few others.
                              We are playing a different composition of the same talent. Shoulder be tighter and I think we will miss biz in the playoffs.

Comment

• With Wade going to Chicago it looks like Miami is going to have a big hole at SG and still has money .... They have
                                Pg Dragic
                                Sg ?
                                Sf Winslow
                                Pf Bosh (if healthy)
                                C Whiteside

They still have money to spend too. I wonder if we could possibly trade Terrence Ross to Miami for 1st round pick next year and use the roughly 15 million in cap space it would create (counting our existing 5 million) to sign Sullinger? Would be a sick move for us especially if Bosh can't play next year and the Miami pick ends up being lottery.

Comment

Working...
                                X