The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Man watching summer league I would trade anyone on this team except for JV poeltl Lowry and demarre caroll for Kyle Anderson damn this kid is good he can do it all. He can play 1 - 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Offensively he looks good. Concern for me would be who he could guard defensively. He can't keep many guys in front of him.

Comment

• Allen Crabbe just got 75 million over 4 years from the nets....

I think this might overtake the worst signings of FA from Evan Turner and Mozgov. I would rather have T-Ross than Crabbe and he is making more than 40% less him per year.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
        Allen Crabbe just got 75 million over 4 years from the nets....

I think this might overtake the worst signings of FA from Evan Turner and Mozgov. I would rather have T-Ross than Crabbe and he is making more than 40% less him per year.
        Brooklyn doesn't really have many options. With no picks, they need to get players in free agency and since Crabbe is a RFA, overpay is the only way to get him.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
          No room.

With Lowry and Pat as free agents we won't have substantial money.

If we assume that we pick up the options on Bruno, Bebe and Delon, and guarantee Norm's deal. Add to that the 27M in cap holds to Lowry and Patterson and that gives us 113M. That also doesn't include the two draft picks we have this season.

Now if we renounce our bird rights to Lowry and Patterson, draft guys that we can stash, turn down the options on the young guys and waive Powell, we'd be at 74M so we'd have about 34M in cap room.

But realistically, we're even more capped out next year than we are this year unless a trade happens.
          We won't get any discount from Lowry I'm sure. I guess free agency is off the table for us, so internal growth and trades are the route for improvement.

Comment

• I wonder if a guy like this is a suitable Masai project, or if we have enough already. He does have a 7'3" wingspan. And should be hungry enough.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Sources: The Portland Trail Blazers waived forward Cliff Alexander, which was needed to create cap room to sign Festus Ezeli. – via Twitter WojVerticalNBA

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/7/3...-trail-blazers

Comment

• Kuh wrote: View Post
              I wonder if a guy like this is a suitable Masai project, or if we have enough already. He does have a 7'3" wingspan. And should be hungry enough.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Sources: The Portland Trail Blazers waived forward Cliff Alexander, which was needed to create cap room to sign Festus Ezeli. – via Twitter WojVerticalNBA

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/7/3...-trail-blazers
              I'll go with "we have enough already"
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I think the Raptors should kick the tires, bring him in for a workout:

He's only 21, he'd be a first round talent in this last draft.

Comment

• Don't know much about the guy....Raptors seem to like having at least one bench big with a crazy motor and plays with a chip like Biz, Tyler, Reggie. Does Alexander fit that profile?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    He's only 21, he'd be a first round talent in this last draft.
                    With how this draft went down, I'm not even sure what that means anymore lol
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Don't know much about the guy....Raptors seem to like having at least one bench big with a crazy motor and plays with a chip like Biz, Tyler, Reggie. Does Alexander fit that profile?
                      A story from last year:

Cliff Alexander was surrounded by his closest friends and family at Society Night Club on the near west side of Chicago for what was supposed to be the happiest day of his life. It was a warm June night Alexander had mentally circled four years ago when he began his rise to basketball stardom at the high school level. It was, at long last, finally time for the 2015 NBA Draft.

This was the night Alexander would give his family the type of life they could once only fantasize about. It was an opportunity to find out which team believed in what he was and what he could one day become. Best of all, it was a chance at a clean slate after a single season in college defined first by inconsistency and later by controversy.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver and then deputy commissioner Mark Tatum took to a stage in New York to read off 60 names. As Alexander waited more than three hours, the party slowly dissipated. That's when reality set in. His name wasn't going to be called.

"It blindsided me," Alexander told SB Nation. "I was disappointed, but I always play with a chip on my shoulder. Now I'm playing with a bunch of chips on my shoulder."

Just one year before, Alexander was a top-five recruit, ranked ahead of top draft picks Karl-Anthony Towns and D'Angelo Russell by every major scouting service. Since Rivals.com began covering basketball in 2004, Tennessee's Scotty Hopson has been the only other top-five recruit to go undrafted.

A downfall this swift would be enough to crush the spirit of most 19-year-olds, but at this point overcoming setbacks feels like the only thing Alexander knows. After everything he went through to get here, going undrafted is just another detour, not the end of the road.
                      Continue reading here: http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/7/3...-trail-blazers

Comment

• Low IQ guys often puzzle fans who only see their athleticism and physical attributes and can't understand why coaches won't play them and teams give up on them.

These are the guys who keep getting chances, but end up benched or garbage timers.

L12 brought up BIz, but Biz QB'ed our D, IQ isn't his issue.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          Low IQ guys often puzzle fans who only see their athleticism and physical attributes and can't understand why coaches won't play them and teams give up on them.

These are the guys who keep getting chances, but end up benched or garbage timers.

L12 brought up BIz, but Biz QB'ed our D, IQ isn't his issue.
                          no he just had bad offensive ability. He improved but honestly I don't care what people say. He got overpaid. I don't think you will see the salaries calm down for another two years.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                            no he just had bad offensive ability. He improved but honestly I don't care what people say. He got overpaid. I don't think you will see the salaries calm down for another two years.
                            OK, Biz and his "bad offensive ability" got overpaid., but you missed my point entirely. Biz is a smart defender. By all accounts Cliff Alexander is not. That may have worked better in the old days of mano a mano, postup after postup but defenders have to be able to make quick and intelligent decisions constantly to be effective.

Just Is posted a terrific breakdown of Lowry's smart defensive decision making. Did you see it? I watched that game and I didn't see what Lowry did at the time, because I ball watch too much. It's when game film is broken down that people can really see how smart some players are defensively and how not smart others are.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              Man watching summer league I would trade anyone on this team except for JV poeltl Lowry and demarre caroll for Kyle Anderson damn this kid is good he can do it all. He can play 1 - 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Ok simmer down now.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Holy shit I was dead wrong on Ezeli, he just took the cheapest contract of the year. Andrew Nicholson might be getting paid more than him.

That kid needs to fire his agent.

Comment

Working...
                                X