Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    You know a trade is coming right?
    Two weeks ago I thought a trade was coming...
    Even early last week ...
    Now.. not so much.

Can't think we are trading any one of Lowry, JV, Demar, Carroll, CoJo .. we don't have a 4 so pretty sure Ppat stays on a pretty team friendly 6M deal and with our noses pressed right up against the cap...
    We just drafted Poeltl and Siakam... and are one year removed from Wright and Powell... Can't see them trading Caboclo without having seen him play after all that development....

So that leaves Bebe and Ross

Haven't heard Bebe's name mentioned in trades from any source so perhaps he is staying as well...

That leaves our favourite whipping boy .. TRoss
    BUT
    Ross gives them 3 point shooting and even in a couple of favourite trades...
    Ross for Noel or Ross for Henson doesn't make us significantly better...so maybe whats happened has happened..

We may get a Sully or a Euro or maybe even the boys are looking over the summer league roster for camp invites who would have a chance....

So
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      Two weeks ago I thought a trade was coming...
      Even early last week ...
      Now.. not so much.

Can't think we are trading any one of Lowry, JV, Demar, Carroll, CoJo .. we don't have a 4 so pretty sure Ppat stays on a pretty team friendly 6M deal and with our noses pressed right up against the cap...
      We just drafted Poeltl and Siakam... and are one year removed from Wright and Powell... Can't see them trading Caboclo without having seen him play after all that development....

So that leaves Bebe and Ross

Haven't heard Bebe's name mentioned in trades from any source so perhaps he is staying as well...

That leaves our favourite whipping boy .. TRoss
      BUT
      Ross gives them 3 point shooting and even in a couple of favourite trades...
      Ross for Noel or Ross for Henson doesn't make us significantly better...so maybe whats happened has happened..

We may get a Sully or a Euro or maybe even the boys are looking over the summer league roster for camp invites who would have a chance....

So
      Noel does improve us. Great biz replacement with more offensive upside. Even tho he will get paid like biz his bird rights help offset it. Yes, Ross = spacing but he's shit in playoffs and u need defense/rim protection more.
      That said, I think noel was a draft discussion and they took poeltl instead. Might have traded back for valentine and done Ross deal. Masai is too risk averse tho.

Comment

• Demar isn't resigned. I think a trade is in the making.

Comment

• My cap knowledge is limited, but the reason Demar isn't signed yet leads me to believe MU is TRYING to make a trade.

Edit: or what mjt20mlk just said.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
            Demar isn't resigned. I think a trade is in the making.
            I read Colangelo exhausted himself trying to move Okafor or Noel and couldn't find fair value anywhere. Now that Saric is coming over he should feel even more pressure to get something done soon. Maybe Ujiri is waiting on this situation?

Would everyone be happy with Okafor?
            Last edited by Apollo; Sun Jul 10, 2016, 02:19 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              No LBJ brought a winning culture to that lookeroom. Stuff that Kyrie and Love didn't understand.
              I hate to tell you, but if you were to take James out, Cavs (with all the Kyrie's greatness) will be hard pressed to make playoffs.
              At least IMO.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                I hate to tell you, but if you were to take James out, Cavs (with all the Kyrie's greatness) will be hard pressed to make playoffs.
                At least IMO.
                Don't worry, many people share this opinion.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Masai signed the two rookies, which has them playing above the cap anyway. And whether DD signs or not its kind of moot since his new contract won't make them a tax team.

My guess is that DD is simply on vacation.. and once he's back he'll get that signed.

As for the Sully debate.. personally I'd rather take a stab at Terrence Jones who's also now a UFA.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                    At least IMO.
                    That's exactly the point I was making
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I read Colangelo exhausted himself trying to move Okafor or Noel and couldn't find fair value anywhere. Now that Saric is coming over he should feel even more pressure to get something done soon. Maybe Ujiri is waiting on this situation?

Nokafor.
                      See what we got and what others got in sl. Gives some indication of our needs and the league's rosterscape

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        JJ to Miami, 1/$4 mil.
                        Blah I liked JJ.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Masai signed the two rookies, which has them playing above the cap anyway. And whether DD signs or not its kind of moot since his new contract won't make them a tax team.

My guess is that DD is simply on vacation.. and once he's back he'll get that signed.

As for the Sully debate.. personally I'd rather take a stab at Terrence Jones who's also now a UFA.
                          Personally I think Raps should just stand pat and add a vet or two to be mentors and help the young guys. No point getting more young guys as projects for 1-2 year deals when there are what, 6 guys on the roster on their rookie deals. I would say just bring back someone like Jason Thompson or Scola to help acclimate the young guys and take. I have no problem with playing one of those guys 10-15 minutes a game for the first bit of the season while one of the young bigs adjusts to being a pro, as long as they aren't relied upon in playoffs.

Comment

• Meyers Leonard reportedly signing a 4 year / 41 million deal to return to Portland

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

We got JV and drafted Poeltl...adding Okafor would be like putting a third hammer in the toolbox...He's good..but ya just don't need it
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Wasn't that what they offered to extend him at last yr?

Comment

Working...
                                X