The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simplicity wrote: View Post
    Wouldve been nice if it was more of a 1+ 1 team option deal to grab his bird rights in case he blooms like Biyombo

I hope masai told him what he told biyombo before he almost fell outta the league. Good locker room and vets will hopefully put him in place to lose weight
    How did Sully almost fall out of the league? Seen a few people say that now. Started 72 games and went for 10 ppg and 8 rpg in like 24 minutes. In this market getting that guy for 6M is a steal. And we don't necessarily need a guy to play heavy minutes at PF because we have Tupat to bring in. But Sully will be able to play some 5 too. Great signing. He is a good basketball player.

Comment

• On a completely unrelated note, Johnny's Hamburgers, has added valet parking when the news of the Sullinger signing broke today.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Just a training camp invite. Won't in all likelihood impact the roster at all.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So I suppose Ross isn't getting traded any time soon. Not a bad thing..

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            So I suppose Ross isn't getting traded any time soon. Not a bad thing..
            Yeah, we're looking pretty set. Sign a Dorrell Wright type for the BAA and call it a day.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              So I suppose Ross isn't getting traded any time soon. Not a bad thing..
              We don't know that for sure,MU could be playing the waiting card in hope the price goes down (with Colangelo for example)

Comment

• vanVleet.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Just a training camp invite. Won't in all likelihood impact the roster at all.
                  Unless they trade delon. I don't think vanvleet would have come to sl or training camp unless there's a chance Masai will make a deal, if he can. Vanvleet makes more sense as pg3 if you can package delon for something.
                  Ross' value will drop a lot if Powell starts eating all his mins. Ross played really shit until christmas last yr too.
                  You're right tho most likely nothing happens and we start debating who we can trade Ross for at the deadline.

Comment

• 4 PG's on the team.......hmm....someone's going toget traded.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      Unless they trade delon. I don't think vanvleet would have come to sl or training camp unless there's a chance Masai will make a deal, if he can. Vanvleet makes more sense as pg3 if you can package delon for something.
                      Ross' value will drop a lot if Powell starts eating all his mins. Ross played really shit until christmas last yr too.
                      You're right tho most likely nothing happens and we start debating who we can trade Ross for at the deadline.
                      Undrafted players go to any camp they can get into. And they sure don't turn down guaranteed money.

We may make a trade this summer. That trade may even put us a man short at PG. But in no way does this signing project that we are looking at any such trade, or expecting to make a trade like that. It's just a camp invite, to get him into our D-League system.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        4 PG's on the team.......hmm....someone's going toget traded.
                        Who got traded last year when we had Toupane, Roberts, Scott and Kyser on the team? Heck, we added a free agent in Bennett AFTER signing those 4 guys.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Undrafted players go to any camp they can get into. And they sure don't turn down guaranteed money.

We may make a trade this summer. That trade may even put us a man short at PG. But in no way does this signing project that we are looking at any such trade, or expecting to make a trade like that. It's just a camp invite, to get him into our D-League system.
                          if it is as the main page speculates with one guaranteed year and then not; does that mean year one is a camp invite and even if he dpesn't make the team and is in the d-league he is getting paid and no one can touch him? no 10 day offers etc. and then either the team likes him or they don't. for example next year lowry wants 150 000 000, he walks and we still have three guards so we pick up his options. or lowry stays and we let him go.
                          Last edited by Miekenstien; Tue Jul 12, 2016, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            if it is as the main page speculates with one guaranteed year and then not; does that mean year one is a camp invite and even if he dpesn't make the team and is in the d-league he is getting paid and no one can touch him? no 10 day offers etc. and then either the team likes him or they don't. for example next year lowry wants 150 000 000, he walks and we still have three guards so we pick up his options. or lowry stays and we let him go.
                            Oh, I very seriously doubt the first year is guaranteed. Probably just a small partial in the first year. Additional year guarantees in non-guaranteed contracts are very rare, especially for rookies, the additional years are almost certainly completely unguaranteed.

But no, we don't get any rights whatsoever to the player. Either he is waived before the end of camp (and makes only his small guaranteed money), and we can assign him to our D-League team if he enters the D-League (but he'd be free to sign with any NBA team at any time), or he makes the roster and gets paid the minimum salary.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              4 PG's on the team.......hmm....someone's going toget traded.
                              Yo..is T Ross a PG..
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Luis Scola to Brooklyn on a one year deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X