No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JV, Lowry, Carroll, Cojo, Powell and Patterson should to stay. Preferably re-sign Biz. Keep Wright (Unless he is sent off as part of a good trade). Try to keep JT for cheap. I don't care if DD stays or goes. Move Ross. Get rid of Scola and JJ too I suppose. I know my hate is irrational, but I still prefer if Casey isn't back here next season.

And lastly, hopefully Bruno is ready for some minutes next season.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Draining 3's in where? in workouts? come on now.
      Key word: ceiling.

It's definitely not a sure thing but you saying his ceiling is a midrange guy means there is absolutely no scenario whatsoever where he becomes a reliable 3 point shooter in the NBA. 0% probability. That's just flat out wrong

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Need a legit PF. That has to be addressed
        Would love Horford but wont be able to afford him.

David Lee might be an option.

Comment

sanyo wrote: View Post
          I dont mind keeping Demar but we need a stronger 3 to protect him. Carroll looks weak TBH at the 3.
          He really does. I found it kinda weird how this lean dude would be able to hold back the likes of LeBron or Joe Johnson. Carroll brings a lot of effort on defense but physically he isn't that big. Maybe it's because he's still not 100%, I dunno
          OG is our king

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            No. Three pointer is a future of NBA. Get rid of Casey, Demar maybe even Lowry. Take a step back, get a solid pick and see where we are 2 years from now.
            I'm down with that plan, but that's probably not what's going to happen.

If we let DeMar go, and build an offense around JV, shooters and movement, those guys will do well. If we aren't going to do that, cash in on the assets. Trade Ross in August, after the free agent frenzy when guys like Waiters have $20m contracts and he looks really, really good.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              He at least got the range, he's a raw college player, so he can work on it and he's got a good foundation to base this on. None of those kids are a finished product.
              I agree with that. All i'm saying is, RIGHT NOW, he's a mid range guy. A shot blocker. He's not a 3pt shooter.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                I agree with that. All i'm saying is, RIGHT NOW, he's a mid range guy. A shot blocker. He's not a 3pt shooter.
                Fair statement

Comment

Honestly think JJ is worth keeping and is a better defender and has better size than Carroll. He even shot the 3 better than him. Much improved. He can actually finish a layup that's cool.

Comment

Yeah I'd love JJ back at vet min. Not sure he gets more than that anywhere else so he may as well stay here.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      Yeah I'd love JJ back at vet min. Not sure he gets more than that anywhere else so he may as well stay here.
                      He probably will, lots of teams will have the money but lack the resources to attract key free agents so they will splurge elsewhere and its JJ last major contract probably.

Comment

I love JJ but Casey does not and so JJ will likely be playing for Cleveland or someone of that elk next year.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

we already had Championship T-shirts ready
                          I love this.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I would love to see the team bring JJ back as an assistant coach working in development. He put in work this year helping the young guys grow.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                              Honestly think JJ is worth keeping and is a better defender and has better size than Carroll. He even shot the 3 better than him. Much improved. He can actually finish a layup that's cool.
                              I liked him before this season. He became dumb this season, makes good plays, then makes a lot of dumb ones.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                He probably will, lots of teams will have the money but lack the resources to attract key free agents so they will splurge elsewhere and its JJ last major contract probably.
                                Could be right.

And Masai might not even want him back

Comment

Working...
                                X