Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure tbh.

I don't actually remember Kyle getting that praise ever from American media. Everytime I've listened to them they seem to make it out like Kyrie is the better player but doesn't get the nod in a ASG etc because LBJ is the defacto leader in CLE and Kyle is the leader here because he has no LBJ which is obviously true. As if the only reason Lowry gets the nod as the starte is he is the leader on the 2nd best team in the East and you "can't fault" Kyrie for not being it with LBJ there. So Kyle gets "credit" as the leader but nonetheless, most times I see Lowry's status downplayed in American media time and time again.

I know not the greatest example but I even remember Stephen A Smith on an Open Gym making as if the Raptors have no chance because (and I'm paraphrasing) "not only do the Cavs have LeBron James but they have Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love, they are just bigger and BETTER everywhere"...as if not only does the true MVP make them better but insinuating Love and Irving are better than DD and Lowry...

Which is kinda funny to me because it puts in perspective imo how much we overrate others and sometimes underrate our own. DD and Lowry can be a pain in the ass many times but swap them for Kyrie and Love and I give us absolutely NO CHANCE at all of being 2nd in the East (not even sure we make the Playoffs, seriously) and I said it in the other thread I have no idea where the Cavs would rank without LBJ but I would put money on them NOT cracking the top 4 and I really have no idea if they would border on being a lottery team. I think CLE or our team with Kyrie and Love would rank 6th or worse. The league really needs to start putting more respek on DD and Lowry's names...

But interesting topic...as to what others are saying about scorers like Kyrie and DD, that have no effect without a leader on the court like LBJ and Lowry another prime example was Billups and Melo.

Melo never got out of the 1st rd and DEN never had the success they did until Chauncey arrived. Certain players usually scorers NEED that leader to make them great, I think DMC would also go up a notch in the eyes of many if he had a leader and wasn't being asked to be one when he just isn't. People make the poor assumption that the most talented should always be a leader.
    Yeah I probably agree that the hyped guys like Stephen A. Smith would think Kyrie is better than Lowry but I don't really value their opinion. I guess that impacts the casual fans more but at the same time, there are always a few weeks where people realize that Kyrie is just an iso scorer. If you go back and look at the awards from last year (mvp, all nba, all defense etc.) Kyle got the shine he deserves I'd say. All-NBA 3rd team, mention for All-Defense, hell some people put him in their top candidates for MVP.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      I'm not sure tbh.

I don't actually remember Kyle getting that praise ever from American media. Everytime I've listened to them they seem to make it out like Kyrie is the better player but doesn't get the nod in a ASG etc because LBJ is the defacto leader in CLE and Kyle is the leader here because he has no LBJ which is obviously true. As if the only reason Lowry gets the nod as the starte is he is the leader on the 2nd best team in the East and you "can't fault" Kyrie for not being it with LBJ there. So Kyle gets "credit" as the leader but nonetheless, most times I see Lowry's status downplayed in American media time and time again.

I know not the greatest example but I even remember Stephen A Smith on an Open Gym making as if the Raptors have no chance because (and I'm paraphrasing) "not only do the Cavs have LeBron James but they have Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love, they are just bigger and BETTER everywhere"...as if not only does the true MVP make them better but insinuating Love and Irving are better than DD and Lowry...

Which is kinda funny to me because it puts in perspective imo how much we overrate others and sometimes underrate our own. DD and Lowry can be a pain in the ass many times but swap them for Kyrie and Love and I give us absolutely NO CHANCE at all of being 2nd in the East (not even sure we make the Playoffs, seriously) and I said it in the other thread I have no idea where the Cavs would rank without LBJ but I would put money on them NOT cracking the top 4 and I really have no idea if they would border on being a lottery team. I think CLE or our team with Kyrie and Love would rank 6th or worse. The league really needs to start putting more respek on DD and Lowry's names...

But interesting topic...as to what others are saying about scorers like Kyrie and DD, that have no effect without a leader on the court like LBJ and Lowry another prime example was Billups and Melo.

Melo never got out of the 1st rd and DEN never had the success they did until Chauncey arrived. Certain players usually scorers NEED that leader to make them great, I think DMC would also go up a notch in the eyes of many if he had a leader and wasn't being asked to be one when he just isn't. People make the poor assumption that the most talented should always be a leader.
      I compare Lowry to Billups a lot.

Billups was always underrated & never got the respect he deserved. Ever. I always wondered what if we kept him after we got him that trade. Billups, VC, T-Mac & Doug Christie? That's dangerous.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I personally think Norman Powell, Terrence Ross, and one of Patterson, Pascal Siakam, and Sullinger plus Bruno or Delon Wright will be traded for a legit PF by December.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
          I personally think Norman Powell, Terrence Ross, and one of Patterson, Pascal Siakam, and Sullinger plus Bruno or Delon Wright will be traded for a legit PF by December.
          Honestly, we just need a bigger bodied guy who can play either SF or PF depending on the match up that can hit 3's & play D.

Sometimes a rental player is better than breaking the bank and can be just as effective. Everyone wants us to get another superstar. We have 3 studs in place with Lowry, DeRozan & JV (Who is finally getting a chance). Were not the Warriors. We play a style of basketball most would call obsolete. Yet, were proving it's still effective & can win games.

There's no need to break the bank.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            Honestly, we just need a bigger bodied guy who can play either SF or PF depending on the match up that can hit 3's & play D.

Sometimes a rental player is better than breaking the bank and can be just as effective. Everyone wants us to get another superstar. We have 3 studs in place with Lowry, DeRozan & JV (Who is finally getting a chance). Were not the Warriors. We play a style of basketball most would call obsolete. Yet, were proving it's still effective & can win games.

There's no need to break the bank.
            I know we had cap restrictions but it would have been awesome to keep James Johnson

Comment

Working...
            X