Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6GOD wrote: View Post
    Is the same scenario, just a different way to get there. Either way, the players I listed are likely the ones that needs to go.
    I don't agree that its the same scenario.

Your way can backfire. Look what happened with Phoenix when they dumped players to go after Aldridge. Better to hold on to your assets and hope that Atlanta would be okay with a S&T. If not, then you move on.

Imagine losing Ross, 2Pat and the 9th pick and not getting anything good back for them. That would hopefully get you fired.

With a S&T you may not be able to get your man as Atlanta would have all the power in the negotiations.. but I'd be okay with that just so I don't lose my assets.. especially the #9 pick.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I don't agree that its the same scenario.

Your way can backfire. Look what happened with Phoenix when they dumped players to go after Aldridge. Better to hold on to your assets and hope that Atlanta would be okay with a S&T. If not, then you move on.

Imagine losing Ross, 2Pat and the 9th pick and not getting anything good back for them. That would hopefully get you fired.

With a S&T you may not be able to get your man as Atlanta would have all the power in the negotiations.. but I'd be okay with that just so I don't lose my assets.. especially the #9 pick.
      As I said before...clearly Masai need to work something out before making all the deals. He's a smart dude...

Comment

Second option...

Instead of signing Horford to a max, get Pau Gasol for about $10M or less + role players
        Word is he wants to go to a contender. Does he value Toronto enough in light of how the Cavs whooped their asses in Cleveland four times?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Word is he wants to go to a contender. Does he value Toronto enough in light of how the Cavs whooped their asses in Cleveland four times?
          If the Raps signs the right role players...Pau Gasol will be the one to make them a contender.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            We won two games... and lost the other 4 by a combined 114 points. That series wasn't actually that close.
            just a question for you did the cavs play bad in the losses or did we play well? I know kyle played very poorly in clevland but I feel the role players were lost as well in the losses. Kyrie admitted to be intimidated by our fans in game three but love was neutralized by both scola and PP in games 3 and 4. Anything can happen next year but the reality to compete at the level of the conference finals is you need at least an all pro player with proven playoff pressure handling capabilities and 2 all star caliber players. In todays nba you need to have the ability to pay for these type of players.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
              just a question for you did the cavs play bad in the losses or did we play well? I know kyle played very poorly in clevland but I feel the role players were lost as well in the losses. Kyrie admitted to be intimidated by our fans in game three but love was neutralized by both scola and PP in games 3 and 4. Anything can happen next year but the reality to compete at the level of the conference finals is you need at least an all pro player with proven playoff pressure handling capabilities and 2 all star caliber players. In todays nba you need to have the ability to pay for these type of players.
              Bit of column A, bit of column B.

We played really, really well in our wins in that series. They also played really, really poorly.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                Aka...Horford! When was the last time the Raps had THREE legit all-stars...never

Comment

• Are the Thunder able to sign Durant for a year AND keep their entire core in tact? I didn't watch much regular season OKC this year and I hear Ibaka took a step back somewhat, but from what I've seen from him in the past, he would be PERFECT for this team. Could we get him? Are OKC and TO good trade partners. Do they need to find Kanter and Adams more minutes (is Ibaka expendable for them re their lineup and their resources)? Could Ross help replace waiters? Would the relatively cheap contract that would come with the #9 pick help them? Man, if there is a guy I would be prepared to over pay for... It's big Serge.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                    Are the Thunder able to sign Durant for a year AND keep their entire core in tact? I didn't watch much regular season OKC this year and I hear Ibaka took a step back somewhat, but from what I've seen from him in the past, he would be PERFECT for this team. Could we get him? Are OKC and TO good trade partners. Do they need to find Kanter and Adams more minutes (is Ibaka expendable for them re their lineup and their resources)? Could Ross help replace waiters? Would the relatively cheap contract that would come with the #9 pick help them? Man, if there is a guy I would be prepared to over pay for... It's big Serge.
                    Waiters will probably leave this year.. so that will help.. but I do believe they would have to make a decision on Kanter/Adams and Ibaka. They can probably keep 2 but not all 3. Kanter seems to be the odd one out in my opinion.

I'd like to trade Ross and maybe #9 for Ibaka too. They can then get a replacement for Waiters.. and draft a replacement for Ibaka.. both will be much cheaper too. Not sure if OKC would go for it, but that's a good place to start a conversation.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Waiters will probably leave this year.. so that will help.. but I do believe they would have to make a decision on Kanter/Adams and Ibaka. They can probably keep 2 but not all 3. Kanter seems to be the odd one out in my opinion.

I'd like to trade Ross and maybe #9 for Ibaka too. They can then get a replacement for Waiters.. and draft a replacement for Ibaka.. both will be much cheaper too. Not sure if OKC would go for it, but that's a good place to start a conversation.
                      Yeah I think they'd probably want more than that... And I think I'd be prepared to give it to them. Whether that might be a future pick or another player that we could afford to lose.

I say this without knowing what Ibaka's contract is like (lazy I know)... But a starting 5 of

Lowry
                      Derozan
                      Carroll
                      Ibaka
                      JV

Wow. That is a team you can go to war with.

For OKC though, of course they have to re tool / re load for a run next year, so they're not going to want to weaken themselves. If they lose Ibaka they're going to want to be able to strengthen somewhere else. Maybe they can do that with cap room?

Comment

Yeah I think they'd probably want more than that... And I think I'd be prepared to give it to them. Whether that might be a future pick or another player that we could afford to lose.

I say this without knowing what Ibaka's contract is like (lazy I know)... But a starting 5 of

Lowry
                        Derozan
                        Carroll
                        Ibaka
                        JV

Wow. That is a team you can go to war with.

For OKC though, of course they have to re tool / re load for a run next year, so they're not going to want to weaken themselves. If they lose Ibaka they're going to want to be able to strengthen somewhere else. Maybe they can do that with cap room?
                        Ibaka - next year is the final year of his contract at $12M. So pretty much he's a one year rental.

If I'm gonna need to pay someone, rather have Horford.

Comment

If the Raps signs the right role players...Pau Gasol will be the one to make them a contender.
                          If I'm Gasol and legit contenders, teams that everyone considers contenders outside Toronto, come knocking then who am I going to join? If I'm him I'm not picking the Raptors and I have no faith in them getting it right and I'm unwilling to convince myself otherwise. If I'm him I'm at the end of my career and I'm going to be extremely picky because I know what I bring and I know what my goal is in a short window.

That's my take on it anyway. In my opinion the Raptors will be more successful continuing the build on the same path. No one is breaking down the door to play in Toronto, I'm sorry.

Comment

Ibaka - next year is the final year of his contract at $12M. So pretty much he's a one year rental.

If I'm gonna need to pay someone, rather have Horford.
                            Couldn't we explore an extension with Ibaka? If I'm going to commit a lot of future cap space to someone I'd rather do it on someone in their mid 20's rather someone in their early 30's.

Comment

Couldn't we explore an extension with Ibaka? If I'm going to commit a lot of future cap space to someone I'd rather do it on someone in their mid 20's rather someone in their early 30's.
                              More likely hope for him to re-sign next summer. Not much chance of an extension.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                If I'm Gasol and legit contenders, teams that everyone considers contenders outside Toronto, come knocking then who am I going to join? If I'm him I'm not picking the Raptors and I have no faith in them getting it right and I'm unwilling to convince myself otherwise. If I'm him I'm at the end of my career and I'm going to be extremely picky because I know what I bring and I know what my goal is in a short window.

That's my take on it anyway. In my opinion the Raptors will be more successful continuing the build on the same path. No one is breaking down the door to play in Toronto, I'm sorry.
                                Although Gasol would like to play for a contender, he also wants to get paid. He's not going to take a David West deal, cause he already got rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X