Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Well, how could miles of evidence that he's efficient, a top 20 PER, top 20 WS/48, top 10 fg% and ts%, ever top one piece of anecdotal evidence that he once had a bad possession.
    nate robinson once blocked yao ming, i guess yao ming sucked at basketball.

T-rex logic, everyone.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Boogie is massively overrated. He's a volume scorer and not very efficient. Basically the center version of Rudy Gay. He's only hit league average ORTG (105) once in his career... just barely (107). He's typically around 102/103, which means he's chucking you out of games. He's basically been able to get a pass because of his extremely high USG (30%+). He's a pseudo-star, just like Rudy Gay (and formerly Demar). I'm surprised we have all these advanced stats geeks on this site, who haven't pointed this out.

There's a reason why he's always fighting with his coaches and his team never makes the playoffs. That reason is Boogie.
      i disagree with this. demarcus is one of the best centers in the world. he is in a situation he can only fail in. the character vet they brought in to help him develop was rondo, let that sink in.

Comment

• Anyone who thinks Boogie is dominant needs to get their head checked. I'm sure you could find some nice stats to back it up, but answer me this: Has anyone ever seen a "dominant" big man fail to make the playoffs in 6 years straight? Wait, actually, make that have you ever seen a "dominant" player lead his team to only 1 30+ win season in 6 years? Like, that's really terrible.

Comment

Conversely, I doubt that Boogie would ever be happy taking less shots to become more efficient unless he's playing alongside Lebron and Steph, with Pop coaching. Even then....
          i don't agree with this either. i think that demarcus doesn't get the benefit of any doubts because of his public image. i think he really wants to win. i think that if a coach came in and showed him what was needed to win, even if it is taking less shots, he would buy in if it worked. i don't know how much time he would give the idea but i don't think it is fair to say he wouldn't do it. he is by far the best player on that team, probably on every team he has ever played on. 7 foot monster who can put the ball on the floor and drive, post up, muscle in on anyone in the league, shoot 3s, shoot turnarounds, shoot free throws, he is also a good passer. i think feeding the beast is the right move, they need a system coach that gets the most out of everyone not named cousins. rondo is almost the absolute worst pg for that team, gay nearly the worst 3. give demarcus a ball handling shooter like jennings, for an example of an average player, and he will make jennings look all world. put demarre carroll at the three there and just a spot up shooter at the 2. boogie takes that to the playoffs.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            i disagree with this. demarcus is one of the best centers in the world. he is in a situation he can only fail in. the character vet they brought in to help him develop was rondo, let that sink in.
            liked because it points out the huge WTF that is the Sacramento Kings.

But on the other hand at this point some of it has to fall on cousins. if he didn't lose his shit so often on the court maybe he could bring them to some level of respectability.

He has talent but his infantile attitude makes him significantly below "dominant".

He's so talented that I would say if Casey, Ujiri, and Lowry could get to him and fix his head then I'd try to experiment with him and JV together. But I wouldn't trade JV for him right now.
            Last edited by KHD; Sat Jun 4, 2016, 12:11 AM.

Comment

i don't agree with this either. i think that demarcus doesn't get the benefit of any doubts because of his public image. i think he really wants to win. i think that if a coach came in and showed him what was needed to win, even if it is taking less shots, he would buy in if it worked. i don't know how much time he would give the idea but i don't think it is fair to say he wouldn't do it. he is by far the best player on that team, probably on every team he has ever played on. 7 foot monster who can put the ball on the floor and drive, post up, muscle in on anyone in the league, shoot 3s, shoot turnarounds, shoot free throws, he is also a good passer. i think feeding the beast is the right move, they need a system coach that gets the most out of everyone not named cousins. rondo is almost the absolute worst pg for that team, gay nearly the worst 3. give demarcus a ball handling shooter like jennings, for an example of an average player, and he will make jennings look all world. put demarre carroll at the three there and just a spot up shooter at the 2. boogie takes that to the playoffs.
              Boogie has a lot of talent. I'll agree with that. I'll also agree that Sacramento is a shitty organization.

But he's been an awful teammate and leader in Sacramento. You can practically trip and fall into 30 wins in this league, and Boogie has managed to do it once in his career.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                He has talent but his infantile attitude makes him significantly below "dominant".
                i can agree with this statement.

Comment

Can't even really compare JV and Boogie, because the USG gap is so large. Firstly, I seriously doubt that JV could maintain even Boogie's inefficient 102 ORTG at 30% USG - JV's offensive repertoire just isn't that diversified yet and maybe never will be. I think 23-25% is probably JV's absolute ceiling.

Conversely, I doubt that Boogie would ever be happy taking less shots to become more efficient unless he's playing alongside Lebron and Steph, with Pop coaching. Even then....

DMC-Lowry-DD on the Raps could be the 2013 Lowry-DD-Gay horror show all over again. I really hope Boston lands DMC and he can eff them up for a few seasons. We'll see how good a coach Brad Stevens really is.
                  I think Cousins would love playing with Lowry, DeRozan, Carroll and Patterson. He's been playing with shit rosters and a coaching carousel for so long that he's probably dying for a competent roster that makes his life easier and a situation where he can really make a dramatic impact instead of just being burdened with dragging his team to a series of meaningless wins.

I also think he might light something on fire before his contract expires.

Either way you're gonna get a show. Bring on Boogie!

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                    I think Cousins would love playing with Lowry, DeRozan, Carroll and Patterson. He's been playing with shit rosters and a coaching carousel for so long that he's probably dying for a competent roster that makes his life easier and a situation where he can really make a dramatic impact instead of just being burdened with dragging his team to a series of meaningless wins.

I also think he might light something on fire before his contract expires.

Either way you're gonna get a show. Bring on Boogie!
                    Dude, since he was drafted, Sacramento's record is 189-369. There hasn't been many wins, meaningless or otherwise.

Comment

Well, how could miles of evidence that he's efficient, a top 20 PER, top 20 WS/48, top 10 fg% and ts%, ever top one piece of anecdotal evidence that he once had a bad possession.
                      I wouldn't trade JV for Boogie, but if I were running OKC, I'd trade Enes Kanter for Cousins, And Kanter had a higher PER than JV, higher WS/48, higher FG% and higher TS%.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        I wouldn't trade JV for Boogie, but if I were running OKC, I'd trade Enes Kanter for Cousins, And Kanter had a higher PER than JV, higher WS/48, higher FG% and higher TS%.
                        Well, yeah... but Kanter can't play defense.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Anyone who thinks Boogie is dominant needs to get their head checked. I'm sure you could find some nice stats to back it up, but answer me this: Has anyone ever seen a "dominant" big man fail to make the playoffs in 6 years straight? Wait, actually, make that have you ever seen a "dominant" player lead his team to only 1 30+ win season in 6 years? Like, that's really terrible.
                          CB4?
                          Edit: I guess he made it once. He is much better than Boogie.

Comment

• http://www.nba.com/kings/blog/boogie...bond-over-golf

Also, as with Ibaka, indicators are that Sacramento intends to keep Boogie.

Comment

I read an expresion somewhere: "You can lead a horse to the water, but.....
                              You sure DMC wants to be coached?
                              As for: He wants to win. Really?
                              Rudy Gay wanted to win, but he was sure the best way was... (you know).

Comment

Dude, since he was drafted, Sacramento's record is 189-369. There hasn't been many wins, meaningless or otherwise.
                                That's exactly why the wins are meaningless. Like I said, I'm playing devil's advocate here, any trade that involves Cousins assumes you're getting back the mythical 'Good Cousins' that gets his shit together, harnesses his talent and learns to play professional basketball. Otherwise it's JV in a landslide, that's why Ujiri doesn't make that trade in the real world.

But on paper? In theory? I think Boogie could really elevate the roster to championship ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X