Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
    That's exactly why the wins are meaningless. Like I said, I'm playing devil's advocate here, any trade that involves Cousins assumes you're getting back the mythical 'Good Cousins' that gets his shit together, harnesses his talent and learns to play professional basketball. Otherwise it's JV in a landslide, that's why Ujiri doesn't make that trade in the real world.

But on paper? In theory? I think Boogie could really elevate the roster to championship ceiling.
    not me. that is why my mentality of including jv has changed. for example if a cousins for jv deal was proposed this year at the deadline i would have said yes. post playoffs i say no. because you don't know what you are getting. but the chance of a coach like casey, a players coach, being able to unlock boogie puts us over the top. if you can do that with ross, whatever picks they want and keep our core intact. i am all over that. i don't expect to have max boogie. you trade max boogie for jv 100 times in 100.
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Jun 4, 2016, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Shitty organization excuse only goes so far. Kevin Garnett spent 12 years in Minnesota, through a lot of crap, and made the playoffs 8 times with some terrible, terrible teams.

If you're a dominant force, you find a way.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Shitty organization excuse only goes so far. Kevin Garnett spent 12 years in Minnesota, through a lot of crap, and made the playoffs 8 times with some terrible, terrible teams.

give me prime kg over boogie everyday. kg is the exact polar opposite of boogie. organizational ineptitude is only part boogies problem. there are clearly some maturity/mental issues. kg was focus supreme. an example of all world talent, which boogie has, with a mentally strong and focused player.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          not me. that is why my mentality of including jv has changed. for example if a cousins for jv deal was proposed this year at the deadline i would have said yes. post playoffs i say no. because you don't know what you are getting. but the chance of a coach like casey, a players coach, being able to unlock boogie puts us over the top. if you can do that with ross, whatever picks they want and keep our core intact. i am all over that. i don't expect to have max boogie. you trade max boogie for jv 100 times in 100.
          The problem there is Casey got many of his "players coach" tendencies from Karl, the coach Boogie just ran out of Sacto.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Shitty organization excuse only goes so far. Kevin Garnett spent 12 years in Minnesota, through a lot of crap, and made the playoffs 8 times with some terrible, terrible teams.

Kahn came in after Garnett was already traded. He was the running joke in Minnesota. I thought they were a pretty stable franchise before he came in.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Kahn came in after Garnett was already traded. He was the running joke in Minnesota. I thought they were a pretty stable franchise before he came in.
              Joe Smith happened right as Garnett arrived. That organization was bad before Kahn ever got there.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                The only thing that has a good chance of unlocking the true potential of a Boogie-type "I know everything" headcase is not a coach; it's a Kobe/Garnett/Lebron undisputed player leader type - someone who will be unafraid to say to him "We're here to win a championship, we mean business, and we will not put up with this crap. Shut up, buy in and grow up" and will be willing and able to make life on the team miserable for him if he doesn't.

Comment

Joe Smith happened right as Garnett arrived. That organization was bad before Kahn ever got there.
                  That was a really bad decision that cost them.. but I think the NBA was trying to send a message as it set a precedent... and the league only found out about it because Smith's agency broke up which lead to papers being made public. I bet that kind of stuff happened to reputable franchises before the Smith fiasco.. They just didn't get caught.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                    The only thing that has a good chance of unlocking the true potential of a Boogie-type "I know everything" headcase is not a coach; it's a Kobe/Garnett/Lebron undisputed player leader type - someone who will be unafraid to say to him "We're here to win a championship, we mean business, and we will not put up with this crap. Shut up, buy in and grow up" and will be willing and able to make life on the team miserable for him if he doesn't.
                    I tend to agree with this. And we don't have a guy like that.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I tend to agree with this. And we don't have a guy like that.

Well, Lowry may not have quite the bark of KD but hes a bulldog. He could sit him down in earnest and speak to him as a model of a person who transformed his game by maturing his attitude.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        Well, Lowry may not have quite the bark of KD but hes a bulldog. He could sit him down in earnest and speak to him as a model of a person who transformed his game by maturing his attitude.
                        It's not about bark or being a "model" of anything. It's about status and Cousins' ego. Doubt he will listen to anyone he doesn't think is at least on his "level". And to him that's probably a super small list. Otherwise he'll always think he's in the right.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                          Didn't Kobe try that with baby Howard?
                          We now how well that worked.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                            Howard and Cousins have different mentalities.
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Howard and Cousins have different mentalities.
                              Yep they really do.
                              Mapko wrote: View Post
                              Even if Cousins and Howard are different...yeah it might not work, but so far nothing else has either.

Comment

• Trade thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X