Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6GOD wrote: View Post
    Nothing back?...you get Horford, which will start at PF
    Toss away all those assets so Horford can say 'no thanks'? I don't like it. What I do like it taking some of those assets and dealing them for one player who is superior to all of them and using the pick to draft a good young talent who might be as good as Horford one day.

Anything that involves Ujiri giving up control and leaving it all to chance is a bad scenario in my books.

Comment

That's why I said you need to sign a back up SF and PF...Bruno is clearly not ready.

All you need is a rotation of 3 bigs: JV+ Horford + back up PF
      Sign a backup SF and PF... with what? You have no cap space left. You aren't getting good or even decent players for the vet's minimum this summer.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• And is Horford even a needle mover? He played with 3 other all stars and demarre carroll (basically our core) and got swept by cleveland. Now he's 2 years older and will start a steady decline. I say with a straight face not only jv but probably patterson will be better all around players in 2 years
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          And is Horford even a needle mover? He played with 3 other all stars and demarre carroll (basically our core) and got swept by cleveland. Now he's 2 years older and will start a steady decline. I say with a straight face not only jv but probably patterson will be better all around players in 2 years
          Let's look at it from another perspective...
          Raps won 2 games against cavs with 2 all stars (Lowry and Derozan). Let's add another all-star to the mix with Horford...they might actually give cavs a legit matchup.

Comment

• I think they could trade all that stuff in a package and get a better return than Al(when you consider Al's limited long term value). Ujiri maintains control and leaves nothing to chance in the process... And saves cap space to boot.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              Sign a backup SF and PF... with what? You have no cap space left. You aren't getting good or even decent players for the vet's minimum this summer.
              Heard of exceptions?

Comment

• Frankly there is no one that moves the needle at power forward that you shed that much depth for. I am would not mind seeing someone like Dwight powell get a shot. Patterson still is very useful.

Comment

Raps won 2 games against cavs with 2 all stars (Lowry and Derozan). Let's add another all-star to the mix with Horford...they might actually give cavs a legit matchup.
                  We won two games... and lost the other 4 by a combined 114 points. That series wasn't actually that close.

Comment

• 6GOD wrote:
                    Heard of exceptions?
                    The problem with exceptions is that this year they're going to be far less useful than they used to be, because they'll stay fixed on their increasing scale which isn't proportionate to the cap exploding. A player who used to be a $5m player, and thus gettable with the mid-level exception, will probably be a $7-8m player this year.

The exceptions this year are going to get you guys who used to get paid like end-of-the-bench guys. It's going to be difficult to get value out of them.

Comment

• I'd love to have Horford.. but if you're going to trade 2Pat, Ross and #9.. you do it in a S&T. Not before July 1 for cap space. That's just bad managing.

Comment

I know it's not this simple but I don't think Al's 13 and 7 in the 2016 playoffs swings either of those four blowout road losses in the Raptors favor.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I'd love to have Horford.. but if you're going to trade 2Pat, Ross and #9.. you do it in a S&T. Not before July 1 for cap space. That's just bad managing.
                          Is the same scenario, just a different way to get there. Either way, the players I listed are likely the ones that needs to go.

Comment

• For the record I like Pat. I think he's an excellent role player who was asked to play beyond his capabilities this last season. He's an excellent defender, he works hard and he can at times knock down threes. Every team needs guys like this, it's just ideal when they're not starting or one of the first guys off the bench.

I'd like for him to stick around.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              For the record I like Pat. I think he's an excellent role player who was asked to play beyond his capabilities this last season. He's an excellent defender, he works hard and he can at times knock down threes. Every team needs guys like this, it's just ideal when they're not starting or one of the first guys off the bench.

I'd like for him to stick around.
                              Not only is he a very good basketball player, he's also a great locker room guy and absolutely loves Toronto, and he's pretty cheap.

Comment

• Second option...

Instead of signing Horford to a max, get Pau Gasol for about $10M or less + role players

Comment

Working...
                                X