Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Easy there, Dan. I didn't say I wanted to trade JV. I would dearly love to see a balanced inside-outside approach, integrating JV more into the offense.

But I'm not Dwane Casey or Lowry or Derozan, and they call the shots. I'm just highly speculating what I think the repercussions of drafting a guy like JP has on future roster moves, based on what we've seen from this coaching staff and team style of play. IMO, I don't think Casey would shed a tear at moving JV and Masai would view that as a valuable trade chip. Just to re-iterate - that's the opposite of what I would like to see.
    But JV was an incredibly valuable player with his current role. Like >.200 WS/48 (which is crazy, only 14 guys in the NBA last year with 500+ minutes managed that, only 12 with 1000+ minutes). If you can get that from him in just larger minutes and no change in role you are still more than getting your money's worth. Of course the upside if he gets a bigger role is even better, but why no earth would you throw away top 15 production just because it is not as good as it could be?

Point being, no matter what Casey is capable of, I think Masai is too smart to move JV.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      But JV was an incredibly valuable player with his current role. Like >.200 WS/48 (which is crazy, only 14 guys in the NBA last year with 500+ minutes managed that, only 12 with 1000+ minutes). If you can get that from him in just larger minutes and no change in role you are still more than getting your money's worth. Of course the upside if he gets a bigger role is even better, but why no earth would you throw away top 15 production just because it is not as good as it could be?

Point being, no matter what Casey is capable of, I think Masai is too smart to move JV.
      agreed, this in no way signals an intent to move JV. maybe once poeltl become the world-destroyer he was born to be though
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Lower body strength can be gained. He just needs to get in the gym and eat like a horse.
        Don't want him losing mobility like JV though

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Now, if Poeltl can come in right away at PF and fit in with JV, then that's a completely different story. Huge win for the Raps if that happens. Kind of like our version of Myles Turner.
          Agreed. That would be awesome but it's a big ask...

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Don't want him losing mobility like JV though
            He can get stronger and stay mobile.

Comment

• Another thing, no one doubts Gasol's ability to play the 4 yet he has 20lbs on Poeltl. Dirk has 15lbs on the kid. Ibaka has 15lbs on him.

I'm not sure why some are labelling Ninja Purtle(come on, stick! ) as a big slow lumbering stiff who can't play the 4.
              Last edited by Apollo; Fri Jun 24, 2016, 03:11 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• Everyone is talking about his mobility....could he stay in front of smaller players in college?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• http://www.nba.com/raptors/live

Poeltl presser in a few minutes.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Everyone is talking about his mobility....could he stay in front of smaller players in college?

Yeah. It was one of his strengths. At 7'1" it's rare to see someone like him switching pick and rolls.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Everyone is talking about his mobility....could he stay in front of smaller players in college?

He has great length so the times he got beat (from the clips I've seen) he was able to recover and affect the shot.

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      He can get stronger and stay mobile.
                      Not everyone is LeBron James.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        He has great length so the times he got beat (from the clips I've seen) he was able to recover and affect the shot.

Not everyone is LeBron James.
                        You don't need to be LeBron James to be quick footed after adding some muscle. In fact it can make you faster if you know what you're doing. I'm not saying he needs to bulk like a body builder here. Come on.

He could get some quick strength gains by bulking and cutting though.

Comment

• PRESS CONFERENCE STARTING SHORTLY

www.raptors.com/live
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I've seen it on twitter a few times now, and I've settled on my favorite nickname here.

He's the Squirtle.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Another thing, no one doubts Gasol's ability to play the 4 yet he has 20lbs on Poeltl. Dirk has 15lbs on the kid. Ibaka has 15lbs on him.

I'm not sure why some are labelling Ninja Purtle(come on, stick! ) as a big slow lumbering stiff who can't play the 4.
                              uh, who exactly still thinks gasol can play the 4?

Comment

• Purtle Power.

Comment

Working...
                                X