Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    It's a nice change from them wanting to dump JV for cap space to sign Bismack.
    I almost threw up in my mouth.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Hahaha your credibility tho

If jv played pac 12 last year he wouldve looked like kareem Abdul jabar
      24 year old JV vs a bunch of 18-20 year olds? of course he would. Come on man.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• More aesthetically pleasing post-up player maybe. JV looks a little awkward down there but he's bordering on dominant

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          You're a funny guy M..Barolt. So i'm anti JV because I think Poetl is a better post up player(he is) than JV? ok. I guess the NBA TV guys are all anti JV guys as well!!

First DeRozan district, now the Anti-JV club. Hmm.
          Poeltl might've looked great posting up college guys. But post-up moves are easier to pull off against smaller and less athletic players. JV sometimes looks great in the post vs. NBA defenders. There's a big difference.

It's hard to say a guy who's never played in the NBA will be a dominant post scorer against NBA competition.

twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

You're a funny guy M..Barolt. So i'm anti JV because I think Poetl is a better post up player(he is) than JV? ok. I guess the NBA TV guys are all anti JV guys as well!!

Yes TRex. It is possible to be flat out wrong even though they are on TV. Smith says you can't throw the ball down to JV to make a play.. so WTF was he doing vs the Heat? I know his 18 ppg didn't come off jumpshots.

Comment

• You guys ok? Jv is a fuckkn beast in the post.

Comment

Better POST UP player. Yes.
                Keep in mind that JV is a lot stronger than Poeltl and has a much longer reach. May not always look pretty, but JV is incredibly effective.

Again, while Poeltl played in a major conference, he played very few NBA calibre big men, and struggled at times against these players.

Comment

• Look, I love Poeltl. I think this was a great draft.(and wrote a piece for the frontpage making the argument in favor of our draft)

But I don't think Poeltl will be there yet, if he gets there at all. It's a tough move going from college to the NBA for big guys.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                    Yes TRex. It is possible to be flat out wrong even though they are on TV. Smith says you can't throw the ball down to JV to make a play.. so WTF was he doing vs the Heat? I know his 18 ppg didn't come off jumpshots.
                    Steve Smith doesn't watch the Raptors whatsoever. When he said that I just laughed.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                      I said it before and i'm going to say it again. JV is an ENERGY BIG. I know people will keep bringing up his games vs the Heat and the Pacers in the playoffs blah blah blah. But if you actually paid attention to the game and not his boxscore. JV got most MOST of his points because of hard work, you know energy plays. Offensive rebs, put backs, dunks....

JV is NOT a guy that you can give the ball to in the post and score. His post up game needs A LOT of work. A LOT. He's not Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Problem is, a lot of people here thinks he is.
                      Last edited by The Great One; Tue Jun 28, 2016, 06:45 PM.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

You've never seen poetl play against adults before. Meanwhile jvs POST game was dominant in the 2016 nba playoffs vs myles turner and hassan whiteside.

Gain some perspective
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I said it before and i'm going to say it again. JV is an ENERGY BIG. I know people will keep bring up his games vs the Heat and the Pacers in the playoffs blah blah blah. But if you actually paid attention to the game and not his boxscore. JV got most MOST of his points because of hard work, you know energy plays. Offensive rebs, put backs, dunks....

JV is NOT a guy that you can give the ball to in the post and score. His post up game needs A LOT of work. A LOT. He's not Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Problem is, a lot of people here thinks he is.
                          Damn right!

PREACH!

Until every play looks as pretty as the dreamshake or the skyhook who cares about the box score!

Every time the ball goes to JV In the post I cringe. Who wants an ugly two points?

Comment

I said it before and i'm going to say it again. JV is an ENERGY BIG. I know people will keep bringing up his games vs the Heat and the Pacers in the playoffs blah blah blah. But if you actually paid attention to the game and not his boxscore. JV got most MOST of his points because of hard work, you know energy plays. Offensive rebs, put backs, dunks....

Lol c'mon at least make it a little less obvious that you're trolling. If he was just an energy big, then Biz would've been the starter on this team. Worst thing about your post is that people are going to think you're serious smh.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Keep in mind that JV is a lot stronger than Poeltl and has a much longer reach. May not always look pretty, but JV is incredibly effective.

Again, while Poeltl played in a major conference, he played very few NBA calibre big men, and struggled at times against these players.
                              You might be looking at the incorrect reach numbers for JP FYI. He's at 9'3.5" which is noice. Agree about the strength.

Comment

No one says he is KAJ. He scores very differently from Abdul Jabbar. But you CAN throw the ball to him in the post and expect a score. He was at the top of the league in efficiency last season and very respectable this season as well. He's very capable of just going to work and scoring.

And yes, he is ALSO a tremendous energy big who will get you offensive boards. But if you think he is ONLY that, you haven't been paying attention.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X