Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    During last night game, it was mentioned that Poeltl had some either reservations or concerns about being drafted by the Raptors and it took DeLon Wright to convince him about this great organization. I wonder what were his concerns, was it related to possible lack of playing time and touches or something with Toronto itself and their poor history record (up until recently) that was troubling?!
    Who mention this Matt or Barry? I dont recall that at all.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Who mention this Matt or Barry? I dont recall that at all.
      It was one of the sideline reporters.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        I wonder if he will see some time with Delon on the floor at the same time? Maybe a CoJo/Delon pairing, running similar sets to Lowry/DeMar, with fewer shots going to the guards? CoJo will surely be excited to see someone he can dump it off to and reasonably expect his pass to be caught and a basket made or a pass back out.
        My hope is that Casey will experiment with many lineups changes throughout the year so come playoff time, he isnt scrambling around and experimenting with a unit that never played before. I really would like to see DD come off the bench so he get give the bench a much needed scoring punch but I doubt it would happen.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
          Can you blame him? The Raptors are a perimeter-oriented team that rarely looks to play through the post, and have an extensive history of ignoring Valanciunas despite how efficient he is, and they were widely criticized for it in the playoffs. I would be apprehensive about playing in a system where I never get the ball if I were him too, and since he's a rookie, Casey will be loath to play him. Even playing with the 2nd unit, I can't see Poeltl getting many touches unless he gets the ball off the glass. He has legitimate reservations.
          Good points. I can see Casey wanting to use Pascal more due to his energy and leaving Poeltl on the bench and thinking why the fuck you drafted me 9th over all if you want to give the 27th pick more minutes.

Comment

During last night game, it was mentioned that Poeltl had some either reservations or concerns about being drafted by the Raptors and it took DeLon Wright to convince him about this great organization. I wonder what were his concerns, was it related to possible lack of playing time and touches or something with Toronto itself and their poor history record (up until recently) that was troubling?!
            I think it might be playing time because technically we still had biz at draft time. Maybe he has a concern on possibly playing PF

Comment

• I think he made more sense on the bucks bc it gave him a yr behind Monroe to find his game and then assume a bigger role. Here even when he finds his game he will be stuck behind jv. I don't think he suits pf. I think Masai took BPA and looks at him as a reliable back up that could be a trade chip long term.

Comment

My hope is that Casey will experiment with many lineups changes throughout the year so come playoff time, he isnt scrambling around and experimenting with a unit that never played before. I really would like to see DD come off the bench so he get give the bench a much needed scoring punch but I doubt it would happen.
                is the exhibition season as long as last year?

Comment

• I think way too much is being made of the "reservations" Poeltl had. In all likelihood, it was just because he'd never been here, so he asked his ex-teammate (and newly, teammate again) for the scouting report. It was not reported in any way other than that. It was a casual sideline report, the usual feel good fluff they use to fill time on broadcasts. There is literally nothing to see here, folks.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Good points. I can see Casey wanting to use Pascal more due to his energy and leaving Poeltl on the bench and thinking why the fuck you drafted me 9th over all if you want to give the 27th pick more minutes.
                    Id like that too, Siakams game would fit better imo, don't have to change much up. Hoping the bench mob has a more free flowing offense. Fits with their skills a bit more than iso ball. Hoping Casey is riding the isos with the starters cause that fits with the ball dominant guards more than ball movement.

Comment

• So I can't believe I didn't bring this up before but ... does anyone else think Poeltl looks a little like Blake Griffin?

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        So I can't believe I didn't bring this up before but ... does anyone else think Poeltl looks a little like Blake Griffin?

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                        lets hope he does not behave like him

Comment

• Looks real soft to me

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Looks real soft to me

Comment

• I can see posters who hate Casey just making shit up about him. Case has already destroyed a rooks confidence 3 games into summer league.

Gonna be a long season on this board.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                I can see posters who hate Casey just making shit up about him. Case has already destroyed a rooks confidence 3 games into summer league.

Gonna be a long season on this board.
                                casey doesn't coach summer league... Or are you saying other people will say that.

Jakob started to ask for the ball a bit more this time round which was nice to see. I think is footwork is very good. He needs to work on his rolling game. He needs to roll a bit harder straight down. I think Delon was looking for him but there was a few plays where he didn't roll quite as effectively as I would have liked so they were unable to get the ball to him. His defence is alright. He has good awareness but his positioning needs a bit of work. He doesn't look lost just gets bad positioning sometimes. Other times it was guys like bruno falling asleep that got to him.

I rate the performance a B

Comment

Working...
                                X