No announcement yet.

Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's got beautiful footwork and really nice touch in the post. Just needs to build up those legs and core and strengthen the upper body without bulking up. I'm warming up to the pick - he'll be a solid NBA player.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Am I the only one who's really liking the pick?
      nope you aren't

Comment

• Sorry if this was already posted

Comment

• Love the pick. Got a big that can guard on the perimeter. Thats very important in the modern NBA.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I may have missed this being posted, but here's an interesting video that claims Poeltl is actually a PF (and goes a little overboard saying he's a better PF prospect than Simmons). Worth a watch IMO.

I had to stop the video, the more I listen to this guy drone on makes me want to root against Poeltl.

And you know when you hear a word repeated so many times it stops making sense.....Power Forward is now that word for me.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              Am I the only one who's really liking the pick?
              You aren't.

I don't like the pick (by virtue of believing there were better options available at that spot in the same tier; specifically Sabonis who did destroy him in one on one) but I actually like the player. It's a weird dichotomy for me as, if you read most of my comments on this specific pick, I definitely come across as hating it more than I do.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• At 9 in this draft, what were we expecting? He was always the BPA and should have gone higher (but didn't due to the fact the notion of "Modern NBA requires small ball"). He looks hella more mobile than JV based on those clips.

Comment

• I've watched a bunch of workouts and interviews... And I'm liking it more and more.

I think this guy can either be a great backup C for us... Or our PF.

I don't get why some of you guys don't think so. I like him more than Sabonis to be our 4.

He's quick, mobile, he can dribble, shoot, pass, he's not that bad athletically talking... And he's tall as f*ck.

In interviews, he seems like a really calm, mature and intelligent guy. He knows his strenghts and knows what he has to work on, while not being to confident neither.

He just seems mature and ready to contribute right away.

Cannot wait to see him put on a Raptors uniform.

Comment

• I think Pau Gasol being the ceiling...you could do a LOT worse at 9
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I'm coining his nickname right here and now: Ninja Purtle

Comment

• so what do we do with him then

1st quarter 6 minutes at PF. 6 at C

3rd quarter 6 minutes at PF 6 at C

and let him develop gives 2pat 36 minutes at PF and JV 36 at C

allow him to run longer on blowouts and upsets

I mean ultimately I don't think the d-league will do much for him. He will destroy there.
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• He reminds me of a more mobile Vucevic.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            so what do we do with him then

1st quarter 6 minutes at PF. 6 at C

3rd quarter 6 minutes at PF 6 at C

and let him develop gives 2pat 36 minutes at PF and JV 36 at C

allow him to run longer on blowouts and upsets

I mean ultimately I don't think the d-league will do much for him. He will destroy there.
                            Considering Powell was dropping 30+ a game. Yeah he shouldn't be on the D league. I think you put him with PPat on that lineup of death to provide a bit more scoring and ball movement. I think he would go to town against back up bigs.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Poeltl is a 4/5 he can play both positions. That's why I never got all the hate he got on here. He was always the BPA at 9. I think he can be a poor man's Pau Gasol. If you liked Sabonis you should love Poeltl.
                              I do like Poeltl, I just think Sabonis will have the better career, is a more natural PF, especially beside his pal JV, and would make a bigger impact out of the gate.

But happy with JP! Solid pick. Given that Brice was not there at, happy with Pascal at 27 too, though surprised.

Huston getting GPII as an undrafted free agent, tho. Damn.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                                I do like Poeltl, I just think Sabonis will have the better career, is a more natural PF, especially beside his pal JV, and would make a bigger impact out of the gate.

But happy with JP! Solid pick. Given that Brice was not there at, happy with Pascal at 27 too, though surprised.

Huston getting GPII as an undrafted free agent, tho. Damn.
                                More athletic Pat Beverely.

Comment

Working...
                                X