No announcement yet.

Starting PF 2016-2017.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not all about having quick feet and being athelic. You can make just as much of an impact on D if you understanding positioning. Players like Scola, Pau and Sully understand that. That's why Scola lead the team in charges drawn last year.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      It's not all about having quick feet and being athelic. You can make just as much of an impact on D if you understanding positioning. Players like Scola, Pau and Sully understand that. That's why Scola lead the team in charges drawn last year.
      Is it also why Scola led the team in how bad the defence was? Had the worst on-court DRTG on the team (106.7). The defence was literally at its very worst when Scola was on the floor. Better with JV, better with Ross, better with DeRozan. The good news is he's a vet, so was better in the playoffs, leading to some real winning. Oh, he had a team worst -19.1 net rating in the playoffs? Nice.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It's not all about having quick feet and being athelic. You can make just as much of an impact on D if you understanding positioning. Players like Scola, Pau and Sully understand that. That's why Scola lead the team in charges drawn last year.
        Not only was it obvious that Scola's defense was bad based on the numbers, but it was even more obvious watching the game.

Comment

It wasn't an injury replacement?
          From what I remember he was relegated during a really poor stretch where he played terribly.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
            Not only was it obvious that Scola's defense was bad based on the numbers, but it was even more obvious watching the game.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Is it also why Scola led the team in how bad the defence was? Had the worst on-court DRTG on the team (106.7). The defence was literally at its very worst when Scola was on the floor. Better with JV, better with Ross, better with DeRozan. The good news is he's a vet, so was better in the playoffs, leading to some real winning. Oh, he had a team worst -19.1 net rating in the playoffs? Nice.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

To be fair, Scola's metrics were not all over the place, they were consistently below average to terrible.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Also, I'm not sure what metrics Blake is referring to, but I imagine he is referencing DFG% and rim protection stats (which I have looked at before and found them to be more noise than signal in terms of predicting future performance) as compared to the more stable impact numbers.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It's as if we're all here looking at a box and you're trying to convince us that it's a firetruck

Comment

• Now that Sullinger is signed, all we have to do is wait until the end of November to make a pretty good determination of his pluses and minuses.

Comment

• I'm just glad we have someone to keep 2pat minutes down. His way more effective when he 22-25 mins a game.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm just glad we have someone to keep 2pat minutes down. His way more effective when he 22-25 mins a game.
                          I seriously doubt Pat's minutes come in at 22-25. He'll be needed for 28 MPG again, with not much in way of an established backup C on the roster meaning that Sully will play some minutes at the 5.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm just glad we have someone to keep 2pat minutes down. His way more effective when he 22-25 mins a game.
                            2Pat's minutes might actually go up. Opposing could might try more small-ball against the Raps, and we had Biyombo last season to share that load on D. Now we've got JV, JP and JS who might all be sitting against smaller lineups.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              I seriously doubt Pat's minutes come in at 22-25. He'll be needed for 28 MPG again, with not much in way of an established backup C on the roster meaning that Sully will play some minutes at the 5.
                              Nah, Carrol is healthy he will take minutes from 2pat at the 4.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                2Pat's minutes might actually go up. Opposing could might try more small-ball against the Raps, and we had Biyombo last season to share that load on D. Now we've got JV, JP and JS who might all be sitting against smaller lineups.
                                Thats where Siakam could be useful. Imagine having a small ball C that can run the floor.

But honestly, there are times against small ball lineups where you go big and punish them for it, out rebound them, attack them in the paint and so on.

Comment

Working...
                                X