Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

legit?
    Saw it this morning. My guess he doesn't want to deal with Raptors related social media for the time being? Raptors fanbase does suck lol.

I doubt its trade related but who knows.

Comment

• Only found fred unfollowing on a reddit post 6 hours ago

Team leaders are usually a natural selection by players without words. Fred was kind of appointed to be team leader by mgmt.

yuta said fred cusses out the young guys hard. When raptors were asked who on the team they text most fred right away said “none of the young guys” sure he tried to make it as a joke but not buying it. Hes a jerk. The team doesn’t like him acting like some coach with a uniform. Speculation on my part but id bet on it.

players dont play well when they want a change. I think we’re seeing it now.

Just look at the energy and camaraderie on this team this year and last when fred was sitting and its clear what’s happening

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
        Only found fred unfollowing on a reddit post 6 hours ago

Team leaders are usually a natural selection by players without words. Fred was kind of appointed to be team leader by mgmt.

yuta said fred cusses out the young guys hard. When raptors were asked who on the team they text most fred right away said “none of the young guys” sure he tried to make it as a joke but not buying it. Hes a jerk. The team doesn’t like him acting like some coach with a uniform. Speculation on my part but id bet on it.

players dont play well when they want a change. I think we’re seeing it now.

Just look at the energy and camaraderie on this team this year and last when fred was sitting and its clear what’s happening
        I can see this.
        Fred is an all school type but with very little accomplishments to warrant respect.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Saw it this morning. My guess he doesn't want to deal with Raptors related social media for the time being? Raptors fanbase does suck lol.

I doubt its trade related but who knows.
          You just have to not check your accounts, thats it.
          Unfollowing is the last thing you'd do

Drama king

Comment

• As far as I can tell, Fred didn't unfollow fellow Raptors on instagram specifically, he unfollowed everyone except a select few accounts (one of which was the official Raptors account btw), and has since built his follow list back up, adding a pile of Raptor players. Probably just cleaning up his follow list, much ado about nothing.

Also for the record I don't buy Yuri's post above at all. By all accounts Fred is a consummate professional and leader in the locker room and that's exactly why the team values him, even more so than his (oft underrated) on-court contributions would warrant.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Also for the record I don't buy Yuri's post above at all. By all accounts Fred is a consummate professional and leader in the locker room and that's exactly why the team values him, even more so than his (oft underrated) on-court contributions would warrant.
              100%. The slander is ridiculous. Dude is in a slump. Whatever the reasons are, it’s a slump. There’s no reason to question his character.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                As far as I can tell, Fred didn't unfollow fellow Raptors on instagram specifically, he unfollowed everyone except a select few accounts (one of which was the official Raptors account btw), and has since built his follow list back up, adding a pile of Raptor players. Probably just cleaning up his follow list, much ado about nothing.

yeah i double checked it was a false alarm saw it trending though

Comment

• Let's go through some "false" narratives and see if they are actually the case.

FVV when he drives to the hoop is he good at scoring efficiently? No, stats came out recently that he is the absolute worst in the NBA. Ihave been very balanced with my FVV AND GTJ takes in my opinion giving the positives and the negatives.

I have also said he has value on the team as an off ball role but if he is chucking inefficiently then there is little value.

FVV is a shoot first guard. Is that a narrative that is false? Alvin Williams said the exact same thing on the morning show last week.

Does FVV have the same court vision as a 6'9 player? Is that a false narrative? Are my eyes blind and he is really not 5'11?

Have I lied about him being valuable on defence? No. I have said that he is good at chasing around guards who aren't maxey but he doesn't know how to use his body like Lowry and his body is breaking down. So before you start name calling be very specific about anything that I say and at least TRY to counter it with some level of logic. Otherwise you are just trolling like others. I have literally had zero issues with you in the past so why are you now creating a problem?

Is FVV more efficient this year? No. I have said multiple times I am in favor of finding trading him to try to get Mitchell (looks like I was correct), assuming there was a move there, KD, obviously the nets didn't trade him but the argument to counter me was OH WE NEED HIM FOR LEADERSHIP and 3point shooting. Welp... the 3 point shooting hasn't been there and personally I think our culture is stronger than the leadership. I think I am allowed to have this opinion ... I am sorry that I think a 50/40/90 6'9 guy is better.

I have said that FVV takes FAR to look dribbling the ball. Guess what he even half joked about taking 23 seconds to make a decision last year. This year with the shooting he admitted in the second last media availability he did that some of the shots he thought were there and that he was open for at the time were actually not good shots. So are you suggesting that FVV is now lying about himself?

I am not saying you just give him away for the sake of it. Others are ... which is why you should be specific and be 100% certain before you say non-sensical statements. I have said that if there is an opportunity to do asset management you do it. His body is breaking down. Unless you think THAT is a false narrative Blake Murphy talked about it yesterday about how there is a hip injury, back injury, and other issues.

What specifically have I personally said that can be a false narrative? Perhaps the social media thing. I don't read too much into it even when it was trending but it is interesting. So beyond that what? You can search the entire thread if you want and quote me.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    fred just unfollowed the whole raptors team on social media
                    this was trending on social media and it was incorrect I shared it but it isn't correct. wrongfully spreading misinformation my bad.

Comment

• Not a fan of his game, don't like that he tends 2 hold the ball 2 long, no movement, takes bad shots, raptors tend 2 play half court basketball with him, 2 much isolation..Raptors have the worst half court basketball in the league, they don't have penetrators, guys that get 2 line, not a good 3pt shooting team, that's why with this group u should run more, but yeah.
                      I've always stated that, if he gets a reduced role, 28 to 30 minutes a game, raptors team would thrive more, plus he wouldn't get injured.
                      Anyway, we tend 2 forget who gives these minutes out 2 him and plays 2 many minutes..that's on Coach Nurse, I think we can all agree his coaching method this year hasn't been top notch.
                      This ain't 2019 roster, u can't be playing aggressive defense when u don't have good center, a back up guard or good bench.
                      He hasn't adapted and his favorite player that he leans on has regressed, unfortunately. I don't hate the guy, just not a fan of his game.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                        Not a fan of his game, don't like that he tends 2 hold the ball 2 long, no movement, takes bad shots, raptors tend 2 play half court basketball with him, 2 much isolation..Raptors have the worst half court basketball in the league, they don't have penetrators, guys that get 2 line, not a good 3pt shooting team, that's why with this group u should run more, but yeah.
                        I've always stated that, if he gets a reduced role, 28 to 30 minutes a game, raptors team would thrive more, plus he wouldn't get injured.
                        Anyway, we tend 2 forget who gives these minutes out 2 him and plays 2 many minutes..that's on Coach Nurse, I think we can all agree his coaching method this year hasn't been top notch.
                        This ain't 2019 roster, u can't be playing aggressive defense when u don't have good center, a back up guard or good bench.
                        He hasn't adapted and his favorite player that he leans on has regressed, unfortunately. I don't hate the guy, just not a fan of his game.
                        That is literally it

Comment

• masai talking about vision 6'9 and fred's leadership as well

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                            masai talking about vision 6'9 and fred's leadership as well

fred is getting traded get some stilts

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

we definitely on the look out for stilts

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

How many 6'9" players that can't shoot are still out there?

Comment

Working...
                                X