Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we re-sign Kyle Lowry next year or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Yes, we re sign him but it won't help us take the next step. I am not sure how this team avoids the situation the pacers are in right now in two years time. Paul George being the only player from their back to back eastern conference seasons.
    At least in Paul George the Pacers have the second best player in the conference and one of the best 2-way players in the league to build around, which is remarkable given that leg injury. Beyond Lowry playing out of his mind, the Raptors don't have anyone that can carry a team on both ends of the floor like that.

Comment

My bigger point is that we will be like Indiana or Atlanta in two years. It will either be a team built around derozan or lowry but not both. With the rest of the starters on other teams.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

You can throw Miami and Chicago as other examples as well.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
          You can throw Miami and Chicago as other examples as well.
          Best or worst case scenario, depending on your perspective we end up like the Clippers, Mavericks and Memphis, prolonging the eventual tare down.

Comment

If there's a sweetheart deal with him and Sullinger to net us a guy like Favors or Griffin or something, I'd be on board with moving him mid-season and promoting Cory.

But to answer the question, if he's on the team, yes you resign him. Its like the Demar situation; he's too good to let walk for nothing.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              If there's a sweetheart deal with him and Sullinger to net us a guy like Favors or Griffin or something, I'd be on board with moving him mid-season and promoting Cory.

But to answer the question, if he's on the team, yes you resign him. Its like the Demar situation; he's too good to let walk for nothing.
              Lowry is more valuable to the Raptors than any other team. Same with DeMar. They've committed to being a pretty good team for the foreseeable future, which means they'll continue to be profitable and make the playoffs. Losing him for nothing would cause a nosedive in the standings and nullify the continuity they've fostered for the last 3 seasons.

Raptorsss wrote:
              Best or worst case scenario, depending on your perspective we end up like the Clippers, Mavericks and Memphis, prolonging the eventual tare down.
              Pretty much. Barring bringing in a superstar that gives them a legitimate chance of getting past LeBron, they'll continue to tread water as Lowry ages. Some fans are okay with that. Some aren't.
              Last edited by Sinbad; Sun Sep 4, 2016, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Whether or not Kyle will want to be back is another answer that has to be answered.

Comment

You re-sign Lowry if you want to win.
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    Whether or not Kyle will want to be back is another answer that has to be answered.
                    Not really lol

Of course anyone can say with nearly any player that there is hypothetically a chance but there is absolutely no reason to suggest that he would and there is no indication that he has thought otherwise. He had the chance to dip and ring chase with the Heat and passed it down to have his own team. He said MULTIPLE times that he wanted to be here and signed almost right away just like DeMar lol Not to mention he is now a multiple time all-star leading a top 4-5 team in the league and is raising his sons side by side with his bromance DD's daighter. Some of you guys really need to get over this inferiority complex with our team.

Really the only reason we would lose him at this point is if we didn't pony up the cash which is basically the biggest cause for this thread because there is a legit concern to max out a 31+ y/o who's body has ALREADY broken down several times over the course of a season, not to mention crippling us financially for years. I love Lowry to death as our PG but if I were Masai and couldn't establish a reasonable price before the deadline I would do the unthinkable and trade him before losing him for nothing. In 2-3 (3 tops) years he isn't going to be a player you won't on the books for the max. I admit I know nothing about the cap etc but I'd only want to do a 3 year deal with Lowry because after that I think he's going to have a helluva a down slope.

Comment

I think Lowry and Masai will get it done and the contract will be reasonable. I'd find anything else surprising.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Hypothetically speaking, would you guys rather sign him for 2 years at the max, or 5 years 100-110 million?
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Hypothetically speaking, would you guys rather sign him for 2 years at the max, or 5 years 100-110 million?
                          2 years at the max. Lowry's agent will push for at least 3-4 years if not 5 though.

Comment

Anyone else noticing a flood of pop-ups when clicking on links in the forum? Had to throw on my AdBlocker.

... anyway, yeah I'd give Kyle the max. He's more important to this team's success than DeMar. So whatever DD got is what I'd give Kyle.. maybe even more. The age thing is a concern, but Kyle is so important to the short term success of this team. He's all we got really, unless Powell turns into something. So if it screws up the cap in his 4th/5th year then we bite the bullet and tank with a bloated cap. It happens all the time.

We are so screwed if Kyle is not a member of this team next year.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              The latter.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Anyone else noticing a flood of pop-ups when clicking on links in the forum? Had to throw on my AdBlocker.

... anyway, yeah I'd give Kyle the max. He's more important to this team's success than DeMar. So whatever DD got is what I'd give Kyle.. maybe even more. The age thing is a concern, but Kyle is so important to the short term success of this team. He's all we got really, unless Powell turns into something. So if it screws up the cap in his 4th/5th year then we bite the bullet and tank with a bloated cap. It happens all the time.

We are so screwed if Kyle is not a member of this team next year.
                                Yes, the site is basically unusable for me.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X