Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we re-sign Kyle Lowry next year or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    Why should he take a discount to sign with us? He's our best player.
    thats 29m a season
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
      thats 29m a season
      Still $30m discount. Mike Conley got $150M over 5yrs, Kyle's agents will be asking for the same

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Still $30m discount. Mike Conley got $150M over 5yrs, Kyle's agents will be asking for the same
        its not a 30m discount

just one less year
        Abbas wrote:

Comment

its not a 30m discount

just one less year
          i really hope he accepts a 3 or 4 year deal

5 year seems too long for his age
          Abbas wrote:

Comment

its not a 30m discount

just one less year
            You're right, it's not a 30M discount.

It's a 35M discount. NOT including the extra year you are proposing he passes up.

He is eligible for 4/150 with the Raps or 5/193 if he gets the extra year.

4/115 is probably out of the question. You might be able to get a nice annual rate if you give him the 5th guaranteed year (with player option), so maybe something closer to 5/170 (his max, but flat with no raises).
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Kyle Lowry is not worth near max contract (at his age) much like DD isn't either. However losing Kyle will be a major blow because you cannot replicate what he brings to the table with the current roster.

I do believe that somewhere is the near future, Masai would have to be thinking of making a blockbuster kind of trade with all the accumulation of assets. As much as he likes internal growth and keeping the core together for success, there will be a point where things will become stagnant and he may have to move someone with a big contract or two.

Comment

He's 416ian.

Comment

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnba/r...-agent-in-2017

Comment

I have not read the whole thread but we really do not know what Kyle's goals are for his contract just like we speculated on what deeboo would settle for. Derozon is one of the most criticized players on this forum but usually comes up with something new in his game. Kyle has matured late from a discipline perspective but to be voted the best teammate means that others respect him.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      You're right, it's not a 30M discount.

It's a 35M discount. NOT including the extra year you are proposing he passes up.

He is eligible for 4/150 with the Raps or 5/193 if he gets the extra year.

4/115 is probably out of the question. You might be able to get a nice annual rate if you give him the 5th guaranteed year (with player option), so maybe something closer to 5/170 (his max, but flat with no raises).
                      Maybe the GM makes a similar type offer to match DDs deal 5 and 145....Everyone stays happy as the two best players are getting the same deal give or take ...and is after all .. one hundred and forty five million effing dollars...
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Maybe the GM makes a similar type offer to match DDs deal 5 and 145....Everyone stays happy as the two best players are getting the same deal give or take ...and is after all .. one hundred and forty five million effing dollars...
                        Very, very seriously doubt we see Lowry taking that little. It would be great. But very unlikely in my mind, considering other teams can offer the same 145 million "effing" dollars over 4 years, not 5.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Very, very seriously doubt we see Lowry taking that little. It would be great. But very unlikely in my mind, considering other teams can offer the same 145 million "effing" dollars over 4 years, not 5.
                          It's a 100% plus raise....It's staying with a team and players he knows and from what we can tell likes....
                          It keeps the pecking order intact and it's pretty much Conley money which is a good compare and factors in his age.
                          It's in the ballpark...we will find out July 2 2017 if he stays or plys his talents elsewhere.I think he stays ..
                          - TGO

Comment

It's a 100% plus raise....It's staying with a team and players he knows and from what we can tell likes....
                            It keeps the pecking order intact and it's pretty much Conley money which is a good compare and factors in his age.
                            It's in the ballpark...we will find out July 2 2017 if he stays or plys his talents elsewhere.I think he stays ..
                            Oh, I'd bet he stays, almost for certain. I'd also bet he gets a lot more than 145M, unless it is a 4 year deal.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Oh, I'd bet he stays, almost for certain. I'd also bet he gets a lot more than 145M, unless it is a 4 year deal.
                              Ok..bet on...my ceiling is 145 to 150 for 5 year term...
                              What's your crystal ball saying...
                              - TGO

Comment

Ok..bet on...my ceiling is 145 to 150 for 5 year term...
                                What's your crystal ball saying...
                                Probably in the range of 5/175M. Maybe gets down close to 155-160 with a player option in the 5th year, but I doubt it.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X