Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shantz wrote: View Post
    Tiebreaker was just held. Clippers won the four way tiebreaker, which means Raptors will be picking 23. The Raptors own pick fell at 25.

That's right, Toronto won a tiebreaker!!
    Is Harrison Barnes in this draft?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Are there any raw international prospects in this draft? Like from Africa or South America?
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Who else watches this like they're watching David Blaine?

Anyone else find it unintentionally hilarious? Can't put my finger on it.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Tiebreaker was just held. Clippers won the four way tiebreaker, which means Raptors will be picking 23. The Raptors own pick fell at 25.

The tide is turning! Bring on the Bucks! (there's got to be some fate in the fact that we got this pick from the Bucks)

Comment

Thx for posting. U gonna do anything on the main site when it gets closer to the draft?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Who else watches this like they're watching David Blaine?

Anyone else find it unintentionally hilarious? Can't put my finger on it.
              Its as exciting as watching one of them bingo halls where the top prize gets a dinner voucher for Swiss Chalet.

Comment

Is this real life?! lol we finally get a break!

Now please God let OG Anunoby fall to us.

Comment

• Jonathan Jeanne has entered this years draft. Very intriguing prospect.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Jeanne-73326/
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• http://www.raptorshq.com/2017/4/19/1...-options-no-23

I don't go to raps hq often so I imagine that some here may not as well. Thought I'd post this link for those that missed it or wanted to discuss...

Comment

• So we pretty much need to draft Giles and pray we can stem cell his knees to try and be relevant moving forward.

Let the tank for next year begin, it was fun while it lasted boys!

Comment

• I've been on the fence all yr about who to draft but atm I'm thinking about Evans bc I haven't liked Lowry's attitude/decisions, his play and his contract/age.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                          I've been on the fence all yr about who to draft but atm I'm thinking about Evans bc I haven't liked Lowry's attitude/decisions, his play and his contract/age.
                          If OG is off the board and/or Mikal doesn't declare then like I've said from the beginning I think you have to consider it because there just isn't a player on our roster that come close to filling that void.

Even if we keep Lowry, he's 31 and he plays very physical which is why almost every year he's banged up come Playoff time. Eventually (as in 2-3 years from now) he won't be able to physically keep going. Evans allows us to hedge against that loss. I really believe Evans has the potential to be just as good but at minimum should be able to provide us with a lot of what Kyle does except Jawun is actually probably a more willing passer.

When you look at his stats he's actually on par with Dennis Smith Jr. but he doesn't get all the hype because he's not an incredible athlete or have freakish physical traits. Like a Lowry or Paul, he's just a solid PG that can flat out hoop. I'd probably still have a hard time deciding on whether or not to go with Anigbogu but of course I'd still be happy if we end up with Evans. If not I'm willing to bet Utah or even worse SAS jump on him to replace Parker long term.

My biggest fear is the deer draft one of OG or Anigbogu because then they're just set for the future.

Comment

• Thoughts on Jonah Bolden? Put up impressive numbers in the Adriatic League, including >40% from 3. 6'10, with a 7'4 wingspan and very athletic. He definitely benefits from being more athletic than everyone else, but he has some skills and is good on the perimeter. Seems like DX has him too low to me, could totally see him as a 1st round pick.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Thoughts on Jonah Bolden? Put up impressive numbers in the Adriatic League, including >40% from 3. 6'10, with a 7'4 wingspan and very athletic. He definitely benefits from being more athletic than everyone else, but he has some skills and is good on the perimeter. Seems like DX has him too low to me, could totally see him as a 1st round pick.
                              Yeah I actually mentioned him on the last page but I don't see why we wouldn't at least consider him, I'm sure we'll work him out and see how he fairs against the other names in the running which should give a better gauge of where he is in terms of his development in relation to his peers but even just physically he has to be someone you take a look at.

Obviously we've seen what a "rawer" long, athlete can turn out to by seeing how good Giannis is now and know the immediate fear is that he is too raw and all measurements like Bruno....but from what I've seen he looks well ahead of Bruno in his development, seems like a slightly more fluid athlete and quicker (which is huge difference between Giannis and Bruno). Not implying Bolden is as athletic as Giannis because I don't think he is to be very clear, Giannis is still noticeably quicker BUT he's much lighter on his feet than Bruno and seems to have the athleticism that he should be able to at least guard both forward positions. Also from the limited footage I've seen of his they already appear to describe him as a pesky defender which is a great sign that he may have natural defensive tendencies...

All this to say, look we took THE RAWEST pick I think I've ever seen and it seems that we've developed him from the point of literally looking completely lost on the court, to flashes of good defence and knowing where to pick his spots. Jonah's ahead of where he is developmentally and with probably far less resources committed to him like Bruno so who knows what you might be able to make him into. He's longer and heavier than Ivan Rabb to put it in perspective but moves far more like a SF and speed closer to that than either Rabb or Bruno so who knows?! Again he seems worth a look, personally I like what I see from him more than Semi.

Comment

• Does anyone know if Kostas Antentokounmpo can declare this year?!

Now that would be my favorite pick even though if he could fat chance the Bucks don't take him too. Apparently he's bigger and more athletic than Giannis was at the same age, if that's possible.

Keeping in mind that vid is now almost a year old he could have scary potential as well.
                                Last edited by JamesNaismith; Tue May 2, 2017, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X