No announcement yet.

Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowing Masai, we'll be getting some random 7 footer he saw in Buenos Aries drinking espresso and eating dulce de leche.

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
      Knowing Masai, we'll be getting some random 7 footer he saw in Buenos Aries drinking espresso and eating dulce de leche.
      Jonah Bolden

Comment

• man...life has been so hectic lately...this is the first year I haven't done a tonne of research watching College Ball, draftexpress videos, and youtube highlights.

Someone give me some intelligent takes I can pretend are my own on Thursday
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          man...life has been so hectic lately...this is the first year I haven't done a tonne of research watching College Ball, draftexpress videos, and youtube highlights.

that's good tho lol sounds like u been making some money

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
            that's good tho lol sounds like u been making some money
            haha yup. I think everyone should have three jobs
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
              I like Giles/Rabb... I agree OG is definitley Masai pedigree. I can't get on board with Semi, though. He is talented but he's so extra, probably because he is only 6'7... I think Jordan Bell is an absolute beast defensively and his January birthday is making diaper sniper drafter's a little put off.
              Lmao I don't know what you mean either but it sounds funny.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                man...life has been so hectic lately...this is the first year I haven't done a tonne of research watching College Ball, draftexpress videos, and youtube highlights.

Raps fans across all platforms generally want semi ojeleye so spend 5 mins on DX watching him and then you'll have something to say about the guy most people are talking about and has a decent chance to be our pick.

Comment

• So DX has us taking Lydon one spot ahead of semi. You guys are good with that, right?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                    So DX has us taking Lydon one spot ahead of semi. You guys are good with that, right?
                    I don't get the reasoning behind that. Semi shot better from 3 and on more attempts. If that actually happens the only thing that would make me feel better is getting PG.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

So DX has us taking Lydon one spot ahead of semi. You guys are good with that, right?
                      Depends if you think Lydon is athletic enough to play the 3.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        I don't get the reasoning behind that. Semi shot better from 3 and on more attempts. If that actually happens the only thing that would make me feel better is getting PG.

I'd imagine it's bc Lydon is younger and has more potential upside (to some). He avg +1 STL, Blk and AST. When he's focused and aggressive he looks to have low-end starter potential. Half the time he disappears tho, he didn't improve from last yr and I'm really skeptical of his frame. I'd take the good Lydon over semi but I don't believe in him to be that guy enough to actually pick him. I think my board looks like
                        Og
                        bell
                        Leaf
                        Evans
                        Then guys like Kuzma, semi, Lydon are about equal here.

I have some interest in fliers like Giles, Bolden, anigbogu but I'm not sure how to rank them?

Comment

• He leaves his feet, he is over the top emphatically, he looks like a spazz. Extra as in extra unnecessary movements. He isn't really a beast if he is matched up against taller NBA caliber players. And he isn't the rebounding big man we need. (on semi being "extra" lol) (his draft suit will be telling). but yeah, the guy is jacked, and we all know muscles mean a player is nba ready.
                          Last edited by c-troop; Wed Jun 21, 2017, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Raps fans across all platforms generally want semi ojeleye so spend 5 mins on DX watching him and then you'll have something to say about the guy most people are talking about and has a decent chance to be our pick.
                            Man, I really hope not. I first saw Semi footage back in february on Frankie Vision's Channel. He's like a short serge ibaka who will struggle getting rebounds. Dude reminds me of Rudy from that old football movie...

Comment

I'd imagine it's bc Lydon is younger and has more potential upside (to some). He avg +1 STL, Blk and AST. When he's focused and aggressive he looks to have low-end starter potential. Half the time he disappears tho, he didn't improve from last yr and I'm really skeptical of his frame. I'd take the good Lydon over semi but I don't believe in him to be that guy enough to actually pick him. I think my board looks like
                              Og
                              bell
                              Leaf
                              Evans
                              Then guys like Kuzma, semi, Lydon are about equal here.

I have some interest in fliers like Giles, Bolden, anigbogu but I'm not sure how to rank them?
                              Lydon hasn't played man to man D in like two years. Syracuse doesn't play any defensive system that resemble the morden NBA.

SMU played switching defense like the raps want to play. That most team play, including the Warriors. Also lets not forget that Larry Brown is heavily involved at SMU.

No doubt in mind that Semi will be way more prepared to guard in the NBA than Lydon.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Why does it seem that Semi can't just be a SF? Not like Carroll or PJ Tucker are shot creating wizards with great handles.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X